Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

What Atmas Do You Use?

Just wandering what atmas I should be using as a nin DD or tank.
    (0)

Player
    whatever you want, that's the beauty of freedom of choice.

you will get a range of opinions here

RR,VV,GH,APOC, AandO, etc etc etc

then you gonna get answers that vary upon what you are fighting.

For instance i just got done with my 85 kannagi so for sobek i was using RR,Einherjar, and Siren Shadow

when i'm out just messing around i use RR,GH,VV alot

or maybe i'll use Apoc in there in place of one, or maybe APoc and Alpha Omega.

theres other stuff that factors in to like what weapon skill is your prime WS, do you have Blade: Hi or is Jin your best.

Do you want to beef up your WS damage or you melee dmg? Atma is situational and personal preference
    (0)

I would like to know the answer to this as to what most ppl use cuz i seen a ninja do 3,200 damage with with blade: hi what atma's would you use for that damage o,0
    (0)

Player
    can get even higher than that. I've hit over 4k blade: hi with just VV, RR, and GH. I'm not saying thats the optimal blade: hi setup just saying that at that time those were the atmas i had on
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    For an all round build I recommend RR/GH/Apoc, RR/Apoc/AplhaOmega is probably better from a pure DD standpoint, but it's all situational.

Also you can reach 3k+ easily from just Blade: Jin.
    (0)

Player
    For blade: hi you should pretty much always use AoA, GH, RR. The only benefit VV gives Hi is Double Attack, seeing as the STR really won't do much of anything. While AoA offers triple attack.
    (0)

Player
    again i never said it was the optimal blade: hi setup it was what i had on at the time. And let point this out.

Everyone is so oh you gotta use Apoc atma cause it has triple attack blah blah. Ok lets look at like this

Apoc atma offers 15% TA. thats cool and all but lets think about this

VV offers 5% DA and the regain and the STR (which say is not necessary but STR translates into attack as well)

nin/war offers 10% DA rate through the war subjob

But then lets really think about apoc. Lets say i'm in a fight where i only get the chance pull of 3-5 weaponskills whats the chance of that TA actually procing on one of those weaponskills during that fight on blade hi? well if i did 5 ws's the chance of ta procing on even one of those is very very low.

Now over a course of 100's of weaponskills yeah the number of chances to actually get a TA proc on Blade: Hi goes up but is it worth it? to you maybe, to me the constant regain at 2 per tic tp is more appealing than a low chance to TA a blade: hi
    brutal earring offers 5%
    Twilight belt 2%
    Atheling mantle 3%
    Epona's ring 3%

so with VV instead of Apoc we are getting 28% double attack rate and 3% TA (from eponas) plus a 2% regain and 50 STR that always translates into some attack

with Apoc we are getting 23% Double attack and 18% TA (assuming that the TA on apoc is really truly 15%, and dont say its 15% cause people have tested. I don't take others so called test as hard evidence cause i could say hey i went and did 100 attack and 15 of those were TA's so its gotta be 15%. Thats not a viable test supply imo. Show me some hard evidence where you have done thousands of attack rounds to gain your data, but again same can be said for the things like brutal earring and the VV atma being double attack major = 5% to me that doesn't make sense if superior TA on apoc is 15% i would think major would be a little more than 5%. Things like epona's ring and twilight belt and atheling mantle we know are a certain percent cause it stats it there but even then could be wrong cause we all know SE has put stuff on gear and its not truly giving that stat the gear says.

So yes 15% TA is appealing for those times it procs on your WS and you get those big big numbers on your Blade: Hi but when people say you should be using Apoc all the time is pretty much out there. Like i've said i like the regain i get from VV in most cases cause it helps with constant tp gain. It's not like Apoc where a so called 15% of time i'm getting regain, its constant and thats appealing to me. Now someones gonna say but you get auto rr from Apoc so you should have it on for that. Yes auto rr is nice but i have a whm with me at all times to raise should i die from what i'm doing at that time, and yes i use apoc when a situation is there and i need it, but to say Apoc is a must have atma on at all times is a little much that i think alot of people are so into. APoc atma this apoc atma that!

but i know you are gonna now say "well you would trade 5% more double attack for 15% triple attack" and for most situations i would say yes as i have stated the regain is appealing to me along with the da and STR.

but lets go even further and look thiss. Lets say i'm in a fight where i only have the chance to do 3-5 weaponskills or say even lower if i'm fighint things that aren't nms and have much lower HP. Whats the chance that the TA is actually gonna proc on one of those ws's? its very low. Now over say 100's of ws ok the TA may be more appealing for out of 100 WS's 15 of those should have a TA proc and i can go "WOW did you see that DMG!!!!" To you that may be more appealing but to me i'll take the constant regain even if its only 2 per tic over a small chance to have a TA proc. But this is my opinion and you have yours. But when people say Apoc is a must have atma on for dd's is a little far fetched to me.

Now when i'm on thf i use the Apoc atma more because thf already has a TA job trait and more gear that has even more TA on it and i'm usually /nin so i'm not getting 10% DA from warrior job trait. To each his own though
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-15-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    again i never said it was the optimal blade: hi setup it was what i had on at the time. And let point this out.

Everyone is so oh you gotta use Apoc atma cause it has triple attack blah blah. Ok lets look at like this

Apoc atma offers 15% TA. thats cool and all but lets think about this

VV offers 5% DA and the regain and the STR (which say is not necessary but STR translates into attack as well)

nin/war offers 10% DA rate through the war subjob

But then lets really think about apoc. Lets say i'm in a fight where i only get the chance pull of 3-5 weaponskills whats the chance of that TA actually procing on one of those weaponskills during that fight on blade hi? well if i did 5 ws's the chance of ta procing on even one of those is very very low.

Now over a course of 100's of weaponskills yeah the number of chances to actually get a TA proc on Blade: Hi goes up but is it worth it? to you maybe, to me the constant regain at 2 per tic tp is more appealing than a low chance to TA a blade: hi
    brutal earring offers 5%
    Twilight belt 2%
    Atheling mantle 3%
    Epona's ring 3%

so with VV instead of Apoc we are getting 28% double attack rate and 3% TA (from eponas) plus a 2% regain and 50 STR that always translates into some attack

with Apoc we are getting 23% Double attack and 18% TA (assuming that the TA on apoc is really truly 15%, and dont say its 15% cause people have tested. I don't take others so called test as hard evidence cause i could say hey i went and did 100 attack and 15 of those were TA's so its gotta be 15%. Thats not a viable test supply imo. Show me some hard evidence where you have done thousands of attack rounds to gain your data, but again same can be said for the things like brutal earring and the VV atma being double attack major = 5% to me that doesn't make sense if superior TA on apoc is 15% i would think major would be a little more than 5%. Things like epona's ring and twilight belt and atheling mantle we know are a certain percent cause it stats it there but even then could be wrong cause we all know SE has put stuff on gear and its not truly giving that stat the gear says.

So yes 15% TA is appealing for those times it procs on your WS and you get those big big numbers on your Blade: Hi but when people say you should be using Apoc all the time is pretty much out there. Like i've said i like the regain i get from VV in most cases cause it helps with constant tp gain. It's not like Apoc where a so called 15% of time i'm getting regain, its constant and thats appealing to me. Now someones gonna say but you get auto rr from Apoc so you should have it on for that. Yes auto rr is nice but i have a whm with me at all times to raise should i die from what i'm doing at that time, and yes i use apoc when a situation is there and i need it, but to say Apoc is a must have atma on at all times is a little much that i think alot of people are so into. APoc atma this apoc atma that!

but i know you are gonna now say "well you would trade 5% more double attack for 15% triple attack" and for most situations i would say yes as i have stated the regain is appealing to me along with the da and STR.

but lets go even further and look thiss. Lets say i'm in a fight where i only have the chance to do 3-5 weaponskills or say even lower if i'm fighint things that aren't nms and have much lower HP. Whats the chance that the TA is actually gonna proc on one of those ws's? its very low. Now over say 100's of ws ok the TA may be more appealing for out of 100 WS's 15 of those should have a TA proc and i can go "WOW did you see that DMG!!!!" To you that may be more appealing but to me i'll take the constant regain even if its only 2 per tic over a small chance to have a TA proc. But this is my opinion and you have yours. But when people say Apoc is a must have atma on for dd's is a little far fetched to me.

Now when i'm on thf i use the Apoc atma more because thf already has a TA job trait and more gear that has even more TA on it and i'm usually /nin so i'm not getting 10% DA from warrior job trait. To each his own though
    i always full time Apoc because i dont like waiting for some AFK mage to raise me but i use it on melee and mage
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    STR does very little to your WS. The Regain is pretty insignificant on 1 handed weapons, it's real benefit is for 2 handed where it could help with with x-hit builds.

15% TA is not 15% TA as you're aware, the more you increase the less it gives proportionately, so ignoring that and stacking DA in it's place is doing far less over time.

23% DA and 18% TA is way better than 28% DA and 3% TA...

Also Apoc will increase your DPS significantly more than VV ever will, Apoc isn't just about WS numbers ya know.
    (0)

Player
    yes and regain doesn't stop when i'm idle either. Like i said its situational and if i'm in abyssea say farming apkallu for apkallu eggs or w/e it may be the apoc atma's proc rate is not gonna make a difference for me because of how fast i kill them anyway and this is what i was doing when i got the ws number i mentioned above. and not to mention my offhand weapon was a KC so no point in the apoc atma for standard dd purpose anyway. To each his own and is also why i said atma selection is situational and up to the player to decide what they want / like , what works for them etc.

STR does little to your WS? STR doesn't translate into attack? Attack plays no part in WS dmg? news to my ears.

again i say numbers are numbers if you want to go by people's postings on wiki.

I can jump off a my two story balcony 100 times and never break a bone. So can is it fact that if you jump off my balcony 100 times you'll get the same results? I can make a wiki about it too and post it there does that make it true? I did it 100 times and never broke a bone so it must true to say theres a 0% chance you will break you leg right?
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-15-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast