Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Has anyone done any testing with Atma of the Omnipotent? Sadly I got it about 2 hours before servers went down and havent had a chance to do much with it. As many others have stated atma's are pretty situational but 50 dex 10% Haste and +EMN would be omewhat noteworthy it would seem to me. That is unless the haste is negated because of cap. Just curious if anyone has done any testing with this, not only for NIN but for any job.
    (0)
    Last edited by exe; 03-25-2011 at 01:46 AM.

AoA is a game changer for ninja. I can't tell you how many times Quick cast kicked in at a crucial moment and how much that triple attack helps with your DoT. With just haste and berserk it's not hard to do over 20,000 damage in a minute to abyssea bosses and 30k if you burn temp items.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by exe View Post
    Has anyone done any testing with Atma of the Omnipotent? Sadly I got it about 2 hours before servers went down and havent had a chance to do much with it. As many others have stated atma's are pretty situational but 50 dex 10% Haste and +EMN would be omewhat noteworthy it would seem to me. That is unless the haste is negated because of cap. Just curious if anyone has done any testing with this, not only for NIN but for any job.
    Atma haste counts as gear haste, which is stupid easy to cap, making atma haste useless.

Edit: 50 dex isnt useful either, you should have capped crit rate from dex with cruor buffs and RR, as well as capped acc. Enmity is also useless because any good ninja will cap hate within a minute or 2 from doing damage.
    RR GH and Apoc are the way to go!
    (0)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 03-25-2011 at 02:36 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    yeah RR/GH/Apoc are my norm. Was holding out hope the omni haste would have gone to total cap not gear ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Mesheef
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Been using full afv3+2 gear with brutal, suppa, twilight iga neck/back and qirmiz with atmas RR VV and apoc (avg 3k jin), recently decided to drop VV and use sanguine scythe for the +30 crit dmg makes for a nice boost in dmg (on avg 4k ish jins)

edit: just saw someone say 50 dex isn't useful.... dont buy it, nin + dex = happy marriage

unless you don't like being a dd
    (0)
    Last edited by Belphantom; 03-25-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belphantom View Post
    Been using full afv3+2 gear with brutal, suppa, twilight iga neck/back and qirmiz with atmas RR VV and apoc (avg 3k jin), recently decided to drop VV and use sanguine scythe for the +30 crit dmg makes for a nice boost in dmg (on avg 4k ish jins)

edit: just saw someone say 50 dex isn't useful.... dont buy it, nin + dex = happy marriage

unless you don't like being a dd
    For damage in general, Dex increases critical hit rate and acc. Both of which have a cap, both of which you will be at with cruor buffs, rr and normal average gear.

Also, Critical hit damage has a cap, 50%.
    RR+SS is 60%, qirimiz tathlum is 5% and iga neck is 2%.
    I'm going to assume you are smart enough to offhand kamone, which is another 10%.
    You are either 17% crit damage above the cap, or 27% crit damage above the cap.

Please learn game mechanics before you try and advise other people, thanks.
    RR GH and Apoc are your atmas for ninja (even without blade hi) to optimize your damage.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Only been on a few Shinryu runs and none of which I have been able to proc - so AoA is out for me at the moment.

I use RR/GH/VV most of the time.. VV is the one I switch out if needed.

Sometimes throw in Impregnable Tower if I need HP
    Mounted Champion if I am solo'ing /WAR. 20/tick regen is nice.
    Might use an MDT atma as well depending on the nm.

They are usually reasonably situational.. Even though I don't have AoA to test, I would pretty much full time switch VV for AoA as well.
    (0)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I got KANNAGI so it is a MUST to use GH + RR + APOC

However be also nice to have VV added to the trio to make STR+50 and Double Attack +5% as well as the 2 TP/tick Regain

4 ATMA would ROCK
    (1)
    Last edited by Kuroganashi; 06-25-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: adding more info to it

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    If we had four atmas we still wouldn't be using VV.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5