Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Thanks guys for the input. If anyone else has anything to add please feel free. But yeah my main thing was blade: jin as dd. I have seen nin do 2k with it and was wandering what would be the best atmas to use to see this kind of damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 03-15-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Thanks guys for the input. If anyone else has anything to add please feel free. But yeah my main thing was blade: jin as dd. I habe seen nin do 2k with it and was wandering what would be the best atmas to use to see this kind of damage.

Well with blade: jin you have options

well use wiki's postings (so take them for what they are) on blade:jin.

modifier is STR and dex 30%.

It's a 3 hit ws with chance of crit depending on TP

So, razed ruin is gonna be good here, and being a multi hit ws things like Apoc, VV, Alpha and Omega can give you the chance to DA or TA one of those hits in your WS even more should you choose that route. Gnarled horn is also an option and some will even say Sanguine Scythe but i personally wouldnt use Sanguine Scythe.

Best thing to do is try them out see what you like more, what suits your play style, etc. Remember whatever you hear here is simply others opinions / suggestions not the end all must use atma combination. Biggest factor is what you are fighting / doing and what you need to better yourself for that fight.

Example being, i 3 manned majority of my Sobek fights with a thf, myself on nin, and whm. So since i was the tank i wanted to increase my survival of his move that can instantly KO you. So my atma of choice included Einherjar, Siren Shadow, and Razed Ruin.

when i'm usually just messing around in abyssea by myself with my alt whm with me i typically use VV, RR, GH cause thats what i like and suits me for what i'm doing
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Learn the game mechanics, as a KC you should know better.

Regain we've established does nothing during TP, and the ATK from 50STR = 25 as 1H weapons work different to 2H as it's only .50 and not .75 so it's 25ATK.

Adding 5% more DA to your 23% will net you roughly 2% return as DA is considered an addition to hits as like I say DA has decreasing returns.

What you're really saying is 25 ATK is better than 15% TA, across the whole board.

Also if you really wanna go to town on your KC then being /WAR is pointless, Brutal, Epona's, Atheling, Twilight are all pointless. Kamome is better offhand.

Try harder.
    (1)

Player
    yes i know how DA and TA effect a KC, but again let me itterate to you it don't play a game changing factor with what i was doing at the time. a friend and i had built enough time messing around farming cruor, by time we got tired of doing this we had so much built up extra time i was pretty much in and out afk inside abyssea. So while i was cleaning my house preparing for company my toon was idleing around so when i came back for a second i'd have tp so i'd turn around and blade: hi an apkallu. at the time my offhand was my KC as it usually is when i'm just standing around doing nothing or when i like to just break it out for the hell of it. Never said i fulltime offhand a KC, never said, i never use Apoc atma, never said 25 ATK is better than TA across the board, what i said was for what I was doing at that time and place there was no reason to have Apoc atma on. Oh and i was /war for the reason that i was gonna go claim some NM's here and there if i felt like it to build some pop sets. Yes i know how a KC works and the effects DA TA /war etc have on it this is why you will never see my /war or using any DA TA etc items in my tp gear when i'm on my RNG and my main source for tp gain for what i will be doing that day or w/e is gonna be the KC.

Too many people think Apoc is the you must have on atma for any dd job, i'm simply stating that yes its good, yes will give you chance to TA your ws or TA regular attacks, but does that mean its good for everything and should be a Standard atma that all DD use? Everything is situational is the simple point here
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Thanks guys for the input. If anyone else has anything to add please feel free. But yeah my main thing was blade: jin as dd. I habe seen nin do 2k with it and was wandering what would be the best atmas to use to see this kind of damage.
    I use VV/GH/RR and normally see 2k+ from my jins... it can be an insanly random WS though, I've seen it break 4k a few times (not on damage weak mobs, can't remember what they all were but one of them was a mnk type gigas) but also seen it dip as low as 400ish a couple times.
    (0)

Character
    Kirana
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    People say that Apoc is a must have DD atma because +15% triple attack is absolutely huge. And don't go saying it's not +15%, I have personally parsed it for 1000+ attack rounds. You are severely underestimating the effectiveness of the TA in your previous post.

Granted, if you are planning to just AFK for regain, WS once, and repeat, VV is great.

As far as normal DDing goes, your best bet is RR/GH/Apoc, especially if you have Kannagi (+50 agi from GH = WS mod).

edit: as for high WS numbers, I have broken 5k with Jin using RR/GH/Apoc
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    How you play, gear and how you clean your house is little interest to me. I'm purely stating VV atma has no place for Ninja, and that Apoc is far superior.

All your argument hold is if you are idle.

And yes it should be a standard Atma for DD jobs.
    (0)

Player
    so you're in a situation where you have dd's that dont need to be tping on the NM your fighting, and they're role is simply to run in and dump tp, they should all be using APoc right? And i'm duoing an NM with myself and my alt whm, where i'm the tank/dd/only form of damage to apply to the NM, i should be using Apoc right? Hmm, w/e you say boss. We all know what they say about opinions.

Again, all atma are situational and up to the player to choose what they want to use, etc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-15-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Apoc will help you tank better yes.
    (0)

Player
    its not gonna help me survive the chance of getting KO'd by tyrant tusk or getting hit from a NMs multi hit tp move.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast