Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Ukko's on test server?

Can anyone report how bad the nerf is for those of you with access to Ukko's on the test server?
    (0)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    For now I excluded 25% and 20% crit rate bonus at 100TP and havent excluded 15% yet so its more than likely 15%.
    It went down from 30% to 15% at 100TP then...
    300TP is less than 40% so from 80% to less than 40%. Its #$%#$% bs.
    (2)
    Last edited by Atoreis; 12-23-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Oh no, it's in line with other Empyrean weapons now. Damn. So harsh. Poor Warriors.
    (13)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Oh no, it's in line with other Empyrean weapons now. Damn. So harsh. Poor Warriors.
    Nice trolling but I will answer anyway.

MNK has Impetus for 3min which boost crit rate by at least 10% and has some defensive capabilities.
    NIN is not a pure DD and can take a big advantage from Innin on VW fights (85 Kannagi NIN I was parsing on last Kaggens had 1600 and 2000 avg :Hi)
    CDC has DEX mod which let it cap dDEX by stacking DEX for WSC.

I parsed last Kaggens and wit 95 Ukonvasara I had avg 2250 and 2580 Ukko's.
    SAM had 1980 and 2053 Shoha using Masamune.
    I parsed Kaggen on test server today and avg Ukko was 1600.
    SAM has now 30% stronger WS with 30% higher WS frequency.
    (3)

Character
    Suasuke
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I do not like the nerf. If anything you can balance the game by making other jobs ws's stronger. Not just make SAM stronger and mnk and war weaker. There is no balance in that, I do not see the point in making a merit ws better than the work we put into the empy trials and relic trials even. Ukko's and Smite, leave em alone.
    (5)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Alright, go kill your 2x nm's to kill 25x Carabosse's and 2x nm's to pop 25x CC's in 2x days while everyone spends weeks farming 10-13 NM's to pop 1x nm that drops 2x shells or buds. Then come back to me and talk about why Ukon and Vereth shouldn't out-do the rest.

On that note, going to ignore Tagrineth's post because I am assuming she has neither the brainpower nor the skill to build one herself.

But yes, it seems the nerf has done the reverse effect as assumed it would. They have gimped the most pure DD job that you can get - a brute aka WAR to a point where they do not stand out from the rest.

SAM has the ability to pump out WS's like a prostitute on crack, with a meritable WS (not even obtained from a legendary weapon, and yes I know other jobs are in that category) that is able to out-DD the legendary weapons we spent so long to farm. News on the block is that SS can be nearly as heavy as Victory Smite, which is also wrong.

In other words, joe blogs who just burnt his SAM, with average gear can go ungimp his GK and pump out as much damage as someone who spent weeks killing worms and gnats in Tahrongi. Not to mention the 150M gil spent on upgrading it to the current cap.

In saying this I do believe Shoha was a blessing in disguise for SAM, I believe that this blessing should not have come with a nerf for the 2x current top dogs for DD.

MNK's nerf isn't that huge, as Atoreis mentioned - they have Impetus. Not to mention the nerf has only been tested to be about a 5% reduction. (Yes I am a vereth MNK also, and any nerf is bad, yet the results from tests show it isn't that huge a nerf).

If Atoreis's tests are on the money, then this is very bad news. Looks like the feared "SAM onry" days are coming back.

Time & effort spent is not balanced. Jobs perhaps moreso, but currently time spent does not = reward.
    (9)
    Last edited by Alderin; 12-24-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Nice trolling but I will answer anyway.

MNK has Impetus for 3min which boost crit rate by at least 10% and has some defensive capabilities.
    NIN is not a pure DD and can take a big advantage from Innin on VW fights (85 Kannagi NIN I was parsing on last Kaggens had 1600 and 2000 avg :Hi)
    CDC has DEX mod which let it cap dDEX by stacking DEX for WSC.

I parsed last Kaggens and wit 95 Ukonvasara I had avg 2250 and 2580 Ukko's.
    SAM had 1980 and 2053 Shoha using Masamune.
    I parsed Kaggen on test server today and avg Ukko was 1600.
    SAM has now 30% stronger WS with 30% higher WS frequency.
    wow that is fucking rubbish, thank god masa only takes a day or 2 to farm.
    (4)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    But I don't want to play SAM, I have it leveled, it's fun, but I thought there was a choice not a mandate on which job to play.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    But I don't want to play SAM, I have it leveled, it's fun, but I thought there was a choice not a mandate on which job to play.
    There's a choice--always has been. Whether or not its the choice SE wants you to make is a different story.
    (1)

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Suasuke View Post
    I do not like the nerf. If anything you can balance the game by making other jobs ws's stronger. Not just make SAM stronger and mnk and war weaker. There is no balance in that, I do not see the point in making a merit ws better than the work we put into the empy trials and relic trials even. Ukko's and Smite, leave em alone.
    You're opening a can of worms that someone here is going to try to force feed you, Jar lol ^^
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast