Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    They'd have to dial back on the mobs' stats because now you aren't nerfing the Warrior, you're nerfing the entire alliance.

AND making procs harder.

Because of 1-2 weapon skills. Sounds reasonable.
    God forbid--balance not only the players, but the content as well? How dare we inconvenience developers and have them do work. Shouldn't be as hard as you think. If they have the stats to buff their player base to keep up with the mob, they should be able to adjust the stats of the mob to those closer to the player base without 100% buffs 100% of the time.

Believe it or not, fights DID used to be hard, and they didnt always have temp items either.
    (2)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Originalkord View Post
    God forbid--balance not only the players, but the content as well? How dare we inconvenience developers and have them do work. Shouldn't be as hard as you think. If they have the stats to buff their player base to keep up with the mob, they should be able to adjust the stats of the mob to those closer to the player base without 100% buffs 100% of the time.

Believe it or not, fights DID used to be hard, and they didnt always have temp items either.
    Dial back on the mobs' stats and now they die way too easily to any alliance worth its salt, trivialising the content even further.
    (0)

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All high tier HNM LS have known for a long time that the best way to avoid TP feed... is to bring the jobs that get the most efficient damage. At one point it was Rangers because they were completely broken, then it was Samurai spam. By your own admission even in the more giving Einherjar it was "Come WAR or SAM or something useful, maybe once we have enough useful MAYBE you can come DRG..." and the rest of the crap you mentioned you yourself pointed out it was "core jobs" "more core jobs" etc. The top DDs have always been horribly favoured over every other job.
    I know they have? The entire point I was making was that there has always been jobs favored above others...I don't really see your point in trying to refute the point I was making by restating it yourself. I am not a supporter of make all classes equal so everyone can take part in all things at all times without any consideration for the actual party structure. If you're going to have this many classes in the game then make it so that some are simply better in some instances than others.
    (2)

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Dial back on the mobs' stats and now they die way too easily to any alliance worth its salt, trivialising the content even further.
    LMAO IT'S ALREADY TRIVIAL!! Does it matter if its MORE trivial?! Seriously...And no one said to dial it so far back that its more of a joke...fucking christ is it always just one extreme to the other with you? There is such a thing as middle of the road!
    (3)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I know they have? The entire point I was making was that there has always been jobs favored above others...I don't really see your point in trying to refute the point I was making by restating it yourself. I am not a supporter of make all classes equal so everyone can take part in all things at all times without any consideration for the actual party structure. If you're going to have this many classes in the game then make it so that some are simply better in some instances than others.
    Better in some instances yes, but for most of this game's lifespan, it hasn't been "some" instances, it's been "ALL" instances. XI has never had balance between the jobs.

LMAO IT'S ALREADY TRIVIAL!! Does it matter if its MORE trivial?! Seriously...And no one said to dial it so far back that its more of a joke...fucking christ is it always just one extreme to the other with you? There is such a thing as middle of the road!
    lol.
    (0)

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Better in some instances yes, but for most of this game's lifespan, it hasn't been "some" instances, it's been "ALL" instances. XI has never had balance between the jobs.
    So nerfing WAR, and to a lesser extent Vsmite MNKs, in favor of SAM, without changing how content is approached, will add balance? Explain.
    (1)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So nerfing WAR, and to a lesser extent Vsmite MNKs, in favor of SAM, without changing how content is approached, will add balance? Explain.
    ... uh... it'll improve balance, because there will be less imbalance issues between jobs? derrrrrrrr.

Oh, you wanted a complete upheaval of all game mechanics and a total revision of all mobs' stats? Good luck with that.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    God's honest truth though. That's why through this whole thing I've been saying that additional content that forces people in to roles again is needed. If not that, then they need to get creative with the other jobs to boost their appeal.

I was in a party on DRG the other day and realized that I never even bothered to take my wyvern out...there's an under utilized aspect of the job. So how about this--if we absolutely need to put jobs on a "competitve" level. If you're going to QQ about WAR being too strong and overshadowing your DRG, what would you say to having that stupid wyvern actually DEAL MORE DAMAGE to supplement what youre lacking in WS power? Don't you think thats a more attractive solution? The WARs stay happy and YOU get something COOL! Ukko's Fury, 5000 damage. Drakesbane 3000, wyvern 1k breath (with maybe some neat ability to control the element used based on the mob youre fighting), or maybe some kind of debuff to the mob? That seems cool to me.
    don't feel bad, i've literally forgotten that I have a 2hour on drk. haven't used it in probably 6+ months
    (1)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    if they're truly after balance in this regard (nerfing) then sam needs a couple of nerfs. That would even things out further (just following their line of logic)
    (1)

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    ... uh... it'll improve balance, because there will be less imbalance issues between jobs? derrrrrrrr.

Oh, you wanted a complete upheaval of all game mechanics and a total revision of all mobs' stats? Good luck with that.
    As a paying customer, yes...yes I do. Wanting anything less for your dollar is moronic. Playing the role of idealist, they completely broke them with Abyssea, why can't they completely fix them with something else?

What you perceive to be less imbalance is only shifting it somewhere else.
    (2)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast