Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderin View Post
    On that note, going to ignore Tagrineth's post because I am assuming she has neither the brainpower nor the skill to build one herself.
    I do enjoy your accurate assessment, sir.
    (4)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Alright, go kill your 2x nm's to kill 25x Carabosse's and 2x nm's to pop 25x CC's in 2x days while everyone spends weeks farming 10-13 NM's to pop 1x nm that drops 2x shells or buds. Then come back to me and talk about why Ukon and Vereth shouldn't out-do the rest.
    I believe Quietus uses the Bud path, Twashtar uses the Glavoid shell path, doesn't the drg weapon use one of them as well? Why were they never crazy overpowered if that was the "reward" for doing such a hard hard path. By the way, they may have been tedious but they weren't hard. I have seen many an emp. weapon trial and don't think they are such a special achievement they should be horribly broken, which they were.
    (2)

Player
    RS is good - stacked anyway, at least Thf has bully now so they can SA from any direction.

Camlann's was a repackaged Geirskogul and fails almost as hard as it does. Vit mod is still better than lolAgi, but only because you can find decent pieces with vit and str/attack on them.

I can't comment on Quietus, SE just went out of their way to make that ws seem subpar.
    (2)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    On that note, going to ignore Tagrineth's post because I am assuming she has neither the brainpower nor the skill to build one herself.
    Yes, because brainpower and skill are involved in making an Empyrean weapon.

No, I just have the shittiest luck on the server. Last six Glavoids I slaved through farming (completely solo. I HATE SOLOING.) were single drops. Taking a break until I can find a new dedicated farming partner.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I have a 90 Rhongo and I have no problem with it's damage. It does 1000-1500 generally on tough stuff and that's fine because DRG can do other things. DRG easily has the 2nd highest TP gain behind SAM. In VW I tend to WS almost as much as swing normally if I have a COR. I can also shed enmity which leaves me with no fear of pulling hate on those types of fights where pulling hate would be some kind of concern. A DRG WS should do less damage than a WARs just as a SAMs and DRKs should. A WAR has no other tricks up it's sleeve. It just bashes on shit and hopes it gets cures. Other DDs all have other reasons to exist. Outside of procs WAR does not. Damage dealt is only 1 part of this so called balance. This dev team says PLD can't get offensive buffs because it's survivability is so high. WAR is the opposite side of that coin. There's nothing a WAR can do to keep itself alive as opposed to every other DD job in the game. It should be #1 by a large margin when it comes to damage dealing capabilities. Maybe not as large as it was but putting it on the same level as SAM is the opposite of balance.
    (6)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I have a 90 Rhongo and I have no problem with it's damage. It does 1000-1500 generally on tough stuff and that's fine because DRG can do other things. DRG easily has the 2nd highest TP gain behind SAM. In VW I tend to WS almost as much as swing normally if I have a COR. I can also shed enmity which leaves me with no fear of pulling hate on those types of fights where pulling hate would be some kind of concern. A DRG WS should do less damage than a WARs just as a SAMs and DRKs should. A WAR has no other tricks up it's sleeve. It just bashes on shit and hopes it gets cures. Other DDs all have other reasons to exist. Outside of procs WAR does not. Damage dealt is only 1 part of this so called balance. This dev team says PLD can't get offensive buffs because it's survivability is so high. WAR is the opposite side of that coin. There's nothing a WAR can do to keep itself alive as opposed to every other DD job in the game. It should be #1 by a large margin when it comes to damage dealing capabilities. Maybe not as large as it was but putting it on the same level as SAM is the opposite of balance.
    If there is a large gap between war and other jobs, which there is now, why take any other DD in an event where you have support? It doesn't matter in Voidwatch if other jobs have hate shedding, stun, etc, when ample curing exists. The event is "How many Ukkon wars do you have for this NM?" If you tell me you haven't heard that said before I won't believe you.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    If there is a large gap between war and other jobs, which there is now, why take any other DD in an event where you have support? It doesn't matter in Voidwatch if other jobs have hate shedding, stun, etc, when ample curing exists. The event is "How many Ukkon wars do you have for this NM?" If you tell me you haven't heard that said before I won't believe you.
    Because you need other WS selection to proc HV / EV. You want at least one DRG, one DRK, one SAM and one RNG per run to cover procs along with your MNK and WAR's.

VWNM isn't about doing the most damage, it's about hitting the procs for capped lights and temp item refills and surviving the crazy stupid aoe moves. It's not abyssea, you don't have +50% HP, your not going to survive 2K aoe moves and a dead DD not only deals no damage, but can't proc worth a damn.
    (2)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    First of all, do you even do voidwatch? Second, What Saevel said. 3rd, these amazing Ukon WARs that put out 5-6k damage on T3s at 95 don't grow on trees. Most Ukon WARs have average or slightly above average gear like myself and never even come close to doing 6k on things like Pil or Qilin. So, I don't know how you are going to fill an alliance with WARs capable of 6k damage. My Rhongoon rapes btw and an alliance full of me would easily kill faster than an alliance of average Ukon WARs.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    First of all, do you even do voidwatch? Second, What Saevel said. 3rd, these amazing Ukon WARs that put out 5-6k damage on T3s at 95 don't grow on trees. Most Ukon WARs have average or slightly above average gear like myself and never even come close to doing 6k on things like Pil or Qilin. So, I don't know how you are going to fill an alliance with WARs capable of 6k damage. My Rhongoon rapes btw and an alliance full of me would easily kill faster than an alliance of average Ukon WARs.
    Yeah, I do voidwatch. I have helped organize a group that has most clears, and I have done the rest in pickups. You need other jobs for procs, but when it comes to win time the Ukkon wars push the Ohsh*t button with their 5k weaponskills and it is over. If you ever answer pickups they always ask, "how many ukon wars we have?" You can fill in proc jobs no problem, they are trash in comparison. I think a lot of other DDs want to be more than proc trash in comparision to the great almighty overpowered Ukon wars. Some of us like other jobs than war. War bores the ever living crap out of me.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sounds like it's no regular nerf. It sounds like a crippling ranger nerf...
    (3)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast