Thread: Zanshin? why?

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95

Zanshin? why?

I want to stress how disappointed i am at the recent development given to SAM. the whole development has revolved around improving a trait that relies on missing. It is so wrong and counter productive. What melee would want a trait that promotes missing? that is like promoting being bad, and our Emperian armor is littered with this useless stuff.

It is not so much that sam requires a ton of improvements (abyssea nature with it's improvements to crit hit WS is the only thing hurting the job at the moment) but that was just a disgraceful low blow to sam.
    (0)

Player
    The issue lies in the Samurai's place in FFXI's job structure. In my opinion, it seems that SE is having difficulty in developing or determining just how to improve SAM at a pace similar to other jobs without losing what makes it essentially Samurai.

They're attempting, I think, to improve the job's capability in its DD role without losing its flavor. This also explains the addition of another Demon oriented debuff. The rub is that keeping flavor is, in this case, detracting from our ability to function in our party role.

Alternatively, just get a Nanatsusaya.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAzure View Post

Alternatively, just get a Nanatsusaya.
    uh why. thats like telling a galka to level blm and play it as his main role
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    uh why. thats like telling a galka to level blm and play it as his main role
    Are you asserting that Galkan BLM are anything but the absolute kings of their role?
    (0)

Player
    i'm making a simple statement you suggesting a lvl 72 GK with base dmg of 77 for a level 90 sam. Which doesnt compare to the GKs that are out there appropriate for a lvl 90 sam. The comparison with a galka blm would be to something like a taru.

a lvl 72 GK will not compare to a higher level GK just like a galka blm wont compare to a taru blm. The higher GK gonna out perform the lvl 72 one just like a taru blm gonna out perform the galka
    (0)

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    honestly they started off on the right foot with making improvements to skillchains at first but it seems they abandon this idea already before addressing the very basic resist or timing that makes skillchain rarely useful. honestly hope they think of something more acceptable in the coming updates, as if trend continues they might as well turn our resist blind to blind +100 so we can make use of all that "great" zanshin buff
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    i'm making a simple statement you suggesting a lvl 72 GK with base dmg of 77 for a level 90 sam. Which doesnt compare to the GKs that are out there appropriate for a lvl 90 sam. The comparison with a galka blm would be to something like a taru.

a lvl 72 GK will not compare to a higher level GK just like a galka blm wont compare to a taru blm. The higher GK gonna out perform the lvl 72 one just like a taru blm gonna out perform the galka
    Pfft. That's crazy talk.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by brayen View Post
    honestly they started off on the right foot with making improvements to skillchains at first but it seems they abandon this idea already before addressing the very basic resist or timing that makes skillchain rarely useful. honestly hope they think of something more acceptable in the coming updates, as if trend continues they might as well turn our resist blind to blind +100 so we can make use of all that "great" zanshin buff
    True, yeah.
    Doesn't it strike you odd that SAM gets but a single tier of Skill Chain Bonus when Dancer gets 4? I suppose Sengikori is there to make up the difference, but still...

Speaking of Sengikori, wouldn't it make sense to have merits spent lowering Meditate's recast to impact Sengikori as well? It seems fairly evident to me that they're meant to be used in tandem.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    True, yeah.
    Doesn't it strike you odd that SAM gets but a single tier of Skill Chain Bonus when Dancer gets 4? I suppose Sengikori is there to make up the difference, but still...

Speaking of Sengikori, wouldn't it make sense to have merits spent lowering Meditate's recast to impact Sengikori as well? It seems fairly evident to me that they're meant to be used in tandem.
    I would think it would make more sence to have sekkanoki and sengikori at the same recast
    (0)

Player
    Pfft. That's crazy talk.
    i know shame on me, because a lvl 72 GK with base dmg of 77 is such a good choice in weaponry.

ANd i hope you not serious in thinking a galka blm could hang with a taru.

Put them in the same gear same merits etc who's gonna win?
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-14-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast