Thread: Zanshin? why?

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    i know shame on me, because a lvl 72 GK with base dmg of 77 is such a good choice in weaponry.

ANd i hope you not serious in thinking a galka blm could hang with a taru.

Put them in the same gear same merits etc who's gonna win?
    the one that knows how to use thier gear, knows when to rest and hold back, but ya your expecting the answer to be taru if all things even, and thats how it should be.

I am confused about the level 72 weapon however, are you talking about the PW GKT that has Zanshin on it? I herd of people playing around with Zanshin setups because of it but like OP is pointing out gearing to miss is pretty fail
    (0)

Player
    just make zanshin work on ws. problem solved!
    (0)

I'm pretty sure it does. How else would you be able to return 1 TP on a single-hit WS without DA?
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    because if you're not gimp you have at least brutal?
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    1TP return from your WS means that you missed your main WS but the Double Attack kicked in.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    the one that knows how to use thier gear, knows when to rest and hold back, but ya your expecting the answer to be taru if all things even, and thats how it should be.

I am confused about the level 72 weapon however, are you talking about the PW GKT that has Zanshin on it? I herd of people playing around with Zanshin setups because of it but like OP is pointing out gearing to miss is pretty fail
    this is why i said same gear. Same gear of course the taru is gonna win for several reasons, one being higher INT 2 being more MP
    (0)

i know shame on me, because a lvl 72 GK with base dmg of 77 is such a good choice in weaponry.

ANd i hope you not serious in thinking a galka blm could hang with a taru.

Put them in the same gear same merits etc who's gonna win?
    This is a crap statement btw.. You put a taru up against a galka there are a lot more factors in play then just INT and MP.. an enemy that would require min. of 3 nukes to kill would pwn a taru before it would a galka even with stoneskin tarus go down a lot quicker they are squshy.. but anyway this thread kinda got away from topic.. enfeebling and enhancing and dark skills are all the same which is where a taru would get a little more survivability but you basic nuke sleep method works just as well with a galka as it does a taru.. maybe you should think a little more like taru vs galka war both have same enmity generation yet a taru war still gets pwned by a mob as quick as a taru blm .. little squishy things.. *poke poke* oh look it giggles

Zanshin.. WTF are you thinking SqEnix.. I understand you want to help out the other jobs by just gimping a SAM at the later levels but seriously? why not enhance meditate or even enchance 3rd eye and giving it the ability to absorb magic based attacks and not wear off in 5 secs when facing an IT when you need it the most..
    (0)
    Last edited by GERM; 03-15-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Ashleh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    uh why. thats like telling a galka to level blm and play it as his main role

How is that anything like the example you just gave?

I don't see what's wrong with getting a Nanatsusaya and fully meriting Ikishoten. You could have a -accuracy set for when you're trying to TP, and switch sets when doing Weaponskills. Alternatively, if you wore your entire AF3 +2 with as much -acc gear you could find, then you'd be procing Zanshin all the time, occasionally hitting for twice the amount you would normal hit (with Set: Augments Zanshin), and getting buttloads of TP (it would be possible to get 100% TP in four hits if Zanshin proc'd ATLEAST once with +store TP gear and merits in Ikishoten).

I dunno how bad that sounds. I've been thinking it over and have been a little weary of putting merits into Ikishoten on my 90SAM becasue of all the people on the internet bashing it. Can someone explain to me just how Ikishoten isn't worth it? I mean, look at your other options: Blade Bash and Shikikoyo.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GERM View Post
    This is a crap statement btw.. You put a taru up against a galka there are a lot more factors in play then just INT and MP.. an enemy that would require min. of 3 nukes to kill would pwn a taru before it would a galka even with stoneskin tarus go down a lot quicker they are squshy.. but anyway this thread kinda got away from topic.. enfeebling and enhancing and dark skills are all the same which is where a taru would get a little more survivability but you basic nuke sleep method works just as well with a galka as it does a taru.. maybe you should think a little more like taru vs galka war both have same enmity generation yet a taru war still gets pwned by a mob as quick as a taru blm .. little squishy things.. *poke poke* oh look it giggles

Zanshin.. WTF are you thinking SqEnix.. I understand you want to help out the other jobs by just gimping a SAM at the later levels but seriously? why not enhance meditate or even enchance 3rd eye and giving it the ability to absorb magic based attacks and not wear off in 5 secs when facing an IT when you need it the most..
    you are simply adding more to the equation thats not in point for the point being made but i'll spell it out for you so its easier to understand

Why would you ever suggest a lvl 72 GK with dmg 77 to a lvl 90 sam?

the taru and galka comparison is not a survive a fight that a mobs gonna be hitting aspect. The point was in dmg and dmg only. And when you have a taru blm vs a galka blm in the same gear nuke for nuke the galka will not nuke harder than a taru. "But what if the taru got a resist, blah blah" Stop trying to add in all the ifs this if that and see the point here.

So nuke for nuke a galka blm would never beat a taru blm. And WS to WS a lvl 72 GK with 77 base dmg would never mathmatically beat any GK that a lvl 90 sam has avaiable to them at that lvl. Come on GKs are reaching base dmg of well over 100 (114 for a lvl 90 masa) and even the non empy / relic gks are over 100 dmg, so why would you ever use the Nana GK. "well of sure it could beat another GK if that person missed their WS and the lvl 72 GK person didn't, blah blah blah" Stop adding in other factors and see the point for the point thats being made.

I'm sorry you didn't see the comparison i was making but hopefully you understand now.

But i'll go even further to make it more easy to understand.

Suggesting a lvl 72 GK to 90 SAM is like suggesting a Byakko's axe/ perdu GA / whatever GA when the cap was 75 to a warrior over something like a perdu voulge at worst, but things like a widowmaker, elephas axe or any other GA that is lvl 90 requirement to use or slightly lower.
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-15-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invasion View Post
    1TP return from your WS means that you missed your main WS but the Double Attack kicked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    because if you're not gimp you have at least brutal?
    It is quite possible to do a single-hit WS before you get access to brutal, and without using war as subjob. For example in a situation where you're trying to test whether or not zanshin can proc on WS.
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast