Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98

Modus Verita for Regen

Now that they make Regen the trademark spell for Scholar, I really would like that if we can use Modus Verita for regen.

Here are a few possibility I would like to see.

1) Allow Modus Verita to be used on Regen
    2) Add another ability that is similiar to Modus Verita that specified for Regen
    3) Add another ability that share same timer with Modus Verita and to be used for Regen

either way would make me happy. But option 2 is my most desired.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    New JA Called "Veritas Aequitas", 3 mins recast.
    Win.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    New JA Called "Veritas Aequitas", 3 mins recast.
    Win.
    Has the accuracy of Modus Veritas.
    Fail.

Actually, knowing Scholar, they'd probably balance it by having it share the gear/merit benefits and recast timer of Modus Veritas, which would be pretty cool still. Plus having it stack on players wouldn't be too broken even with 100% accuracy.

With full Modus merits affecting it and a Perpetuance'd Regen V, I believe you can get something like 70 HP a tic for a little over three minutes, meaning that you could full time it on one person at 140 HP a tic, and if you got another Scholar (I forget exactly how Modus works) you could boost it to 280 HP per tic and so on.

If I'm not completely clueless to the function of Modus and I am doing the math right, you could get a Paladin or Monk with large amounts of health and 5 Scholars that place a 2240 HP/tic Regen on the tank. This wouldn't be too horrifically broken (but maybe a little) under the understanding that you replace one or two White Mages with five Scholars who can nuke when they aren't setting up a Veritas or whatever it gets called.

If it worked with Adloquium, seven Scholars could provide a DD with over 100TP every three seconds... okay that one might be a bit broken.

Looking at those numbers, it would probably have a resist chance for Regen alone though. Actually, the easiest thing that could be done is to make it not stack twice, but that would just be the easy way to balance it.
    (0)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    But don't you forget Modus Verita halves the duration of the targeted spell. Even if you have multiple Scholar, it will make a 1k/tick regen last for 1 tick only. and the Modus Verita has ridiculus recast time. that you have to wait for that long time to cast another 1k regen.

But still if Modus Verita can use on regen, 140hp/tick regen with half the duration already makes SCH better at supporting healer.

Or perhaps they can add more regen type spell for SCH that only last for 3-4 tick with big number like 200/tick
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    But don't you forget Modus Verita halves the duration of the targeted spell.
    I suppose I forgot how exactly Modus merits worked, was a bit confused on the description. Yeah, I suppose you are correct, although if SE wanted it to function the way explained they could make the duration reduction for a regen version be a bit more friendly.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This has come up before and I've always liked it. I like your option 2 - a separate ability to double potency and halve duration of party-target recovery over time spells. I'd like it to work not only on Regen but also Adloquium. In addition, it could work on animus spells if they were first changed to be enmity reduction and increase over time.

This should not miss, it should be non-stackable and the recast should be such that it can be maintained on just one or two people simultaneously.
    (0)