Thread: Melee Gloves +2

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Melee Gloves +2 and Chakra

I still don't get why they changed from "Enhances Chakra" to "Enhances Chakra II" on the NQ/+1 version, but w/e, the +2 version has an increased modifier of

*rumble*

Now, am I the only one slightly disappointed who was expecting an increase from 0.66 to 1.0? That wouldn't have been particularly overpowered... it's the same value we have on the Cyclas and honestly it's not a JA we can spam every 30 seconds.
    I mean, I surely apreciate the 0.66>0.8 change, an increase is an increase and I can only be happy about that, but what were they scared of?
    1.0 would have been so much more consistant
    (0)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 12-22-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    cure V, cure VI. The intersting parts of the gloves are a WS option and an alternative to AF3+2 for TP, not necessarily limited to low accuracy situation. A mix set is not a clear winner over full AF3+2 but it's more balanced toward attack/accuracy. In other word 4/5 AF3+2+ melee gloves +2 gives more consistent damage as you don't have to count on the abyssmal amount of KA rate loss for your damage.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I still don't get why they changed from "Enhances Chakra" to "Enhances Chakra II" on the NQ/+1 version, but w/e, the +2 version has an increased modifier of

*rumble*

Now, am I the only one slightly disappointed who was expecting an increase from 0.66 to 1.0? That wouldn't have been particularly overpowered... it's the same value we have on the Cyclas and honestly it's not a JA we can spam every 30 seconds.
    I mean, I surely apreciate the 0.66>0.8 change, an increase is an increase and I can only be happy about that, but what were they scared of?
    1.0 would have been so much more consistant
    I would assume it's just to make it clear that it was another tier of the same effect. Goes from 0.6 to 0.8, and total Chakra multiplier from 3.6 to 3.8, a ~5% increase. If you had 125 vit in your Chakra set, that's 450 with NQ Melee, 475 with Melee+2.

Add the Invigorate augment for (probably) 2 HP per tick per merit, up to 10 per tick with 5 merits (scaling below 5 merits hasn't been confirmed, but many of the other relic+2 augments work that way), and it gives you an extra...

1/5 - 16 HP (base: 80)
    2/5 - 64 HP (base: 160)
    3/5 - 144 HP (base: 240)
    4/5 - 256 HP (base: 320)
    5/5 - 400 HP (base: 400)

So the Invigorate augment is where you get most of the benefit.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    I would assume it's just to make it clear that it was another tier of the same effect.
    Whops, probably I didn't make myself clear.
    I wasn't surprised on the higher tier being wrote down on the +2 gloves (altough I found it strange how they did that only for Melee Gloves and Monster Jackoat and not for all the other AF2+2 pieces like Saotome Kote).
    I was kinda wondering why they changed "Enhances Chakra" on Melee Gloves (nq) to "Enhances Chakra II").
    Dunno, wrote that way I find it confusing, it seems a "more powerful version" of Enhances Chakra present on Temple Cyclas, while it's actually weaker.

If you had 125 vit in your Chakra set, that's 450 with NQ Melee, 475 with Melee+2.
    I think I have like 156 Vit or something around that.
    Don't get me wrong I'm glad for the 0.6>0.8 upgrade, it's just that I was silly enough to hope for a 0.6>1.0, consolidating it with the bonus present on Temple Cyclas.
    Can't complain overall, the piece looks good and I'm sure I'll use it in quite a few situations, not just Chakra.

And, as you stated, the invigorate thing looks awesome. I think I read on BG it bumps from 10hp/tic to 20hp/tic? So yeah, 2hp/tic per upgrade like you said, and 8/tic for me
    Altough I still find it annoying that Invigorate uses Regen slot (and overwrites it even if you currently have RegenIII+ on) instead of its own, shame... Wish they could make it an independent status instead than sharing the slot with regen.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Altough I still find it annoying that Invigorate uses Regen slot (and overwrites it even if you currently have RegenIII+ on) instead of its own, shame... Wish they could make it an independent status instead than sharing the slot with regen.
    Agreed, especially with the upgrades sch has gotten to regen. With whm, I generally don't care about one overwriting the other since most whms don't use regen much (it's far more efficient to toss a Cure V on me). Sch, on the other hand, can give regens substantially higher than Invigorate that can also last several times longer (whereas whm regens don't even last as long as a 3-merit Invigorate). I really wouldn't want Invigorate overwriting a 4 minute+, 69 HP/tick regen...
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Heh, bingo. Regen V might become even more common in the future when SE releases their announced change to allow SCHs to cast Regen on targets outside their PT.
    Really wish they could do something about it when they'll fix group#2 merits with the january patch.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    any new status removal?
    (0)

Plague (gradual TP loss) according to one person, though I don't remember where the post was.
    (0)

Player
    Lame you hardly get a boost to chakra which is a 3min ability but they practically doubled Wyrm Armet's modifier from 66% to 95% boost plus feet give an extra +10% Wyvern HP which boosts it even further. Gogo 800 HP self heals every 60 seconds!
    (0)