Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    15 STP from /sam
    33 STP in TP gear
    32 STP in WS gear

48 STP in TP is 19.2 per hit
    49 STP in WS is 19.3 per hit

Total missing TP for a 5-hit: 3.9

Achievable when hitting 3/3 of the additional hits, fails when hitting 2/3 of the additional hits. 3/3 should be expected 85.7% of the time with capped accuracy. 2/3 should occur another 13.5% of the time (total coverage: 99.275% of the time you will land 2 or more of the additional hits).

Landing 2/3 hits is frequent enough that I would not consider that a reliable 5-hit build. With only 8% DA, you can't rely on that to make up for the missed base hit either.

Current, not necessarily optimal, gear set that I've been using on comparison:

TP:
    Langdebeve +3 (fire)
    Pole Grip
    Protestas
    Zelus Tiara
    Ganesha
    Brutal
    Aesir
    Lancer +2
    Timarli
    Rajas
    Tyrant
    Atheling
    Goading
    Calmecac
    Lancer +2

WS:
    Thew Bomblet
    Varangian
    Gorget
    Brutal
    Vulcan
    Lancer +2
    Lancer +2
    Rajas
    Pyrosoul
    Atheling
    Ele.Belt
    Lancer +2
    Wyrm +2

DPS w/6-hit build: 148.609

Rebuilding using your 5-hit config

TP:
    Hagneia Stone
    Zelus Tiara
    Love
    Brutal
    Attila
    Lancer +2
    Timarli
    Rajas
    Tyrant
    Atheling
    Goading
    Calmecac
    Lancer +2

WS:
    Hagneia Stone
    Mekira-oto
    Justiciar's
    Brutal
    Vulcan
    Lancer +2
    Ogier
    Rajas
    Pyrosoul
    Atheling
    Beir +1
    Lancer +2
    Gigantes

DPS w/pseudo 5-hit build: 135.014

6-hit build is 10% ahead of the 5-hit build using the same weapon. Further tweaks may change their relative positions, but I'm too tired right now to care.
    (3)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    15 STP from /sam

Total missing TP for a 5-hit: 3.9

Achievable when hitting 3/3 of the additional hits, fails when hitting 2/3 of the additional hits. 3/3 should be expected 85.7% of the time with capped accuracy. 2/3 should occur another 13.5% of the time (total coverage: 99.275% of the time you will land 2 or more of the additional hits).

Landing 2/3 hits is frequent enough that I would not consider that a reliable 5-hit build. With only 8% DA, you can't rely on that to make up for the missed base hit either.
    This! Yeah this is a 5 hit build If you land the 4/4 hits of stardiver. If you Miss a hit you not are getting 5 hit build you explained already this better than me .

The point bet for this build is "Sacrifice the less posible optimal gear for 5 hit build" Asumming in Abbysea/Einherjar/Dynamis/VW tier 1 and 2 the accuracy is not a problem. Im sure 90% of time everyone will land the Four hits of stardiver.

The problem of my build is playing VW tier 3 and 4 and mobs with High evasion.

Thanks a lot for your Help ^_^. Im really want have 5 hit build on my DRG is something about personal wishes and im sure my perfomance will be "Aceptable for keep up with OAT and 6 hit build" .!
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 01-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.

You do realise that Motenten just showed you that a 5hit build with that lance is 10% worse than a 6hit build?
    (1)

Character
    Lancil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Maybe its just me, but when were drgs able to use Attila's Earring.
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    You do realise that Motenten just showed you that a 5hit build with that lance is 10% worse than a 6hit build?
    Yeah i did. But later im gona do a personal private analisis about that. ^_^

Im new DRG and i have lots of things learn. So far in this topic i founded massive good information and i was curious for compare diferent gear sets. Im having fun with all this maths and gear comparation.
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancil View Post
    Maybe its just me, but when were drgs able to use Attila's Earring.
    Lmao yeah i just noticed. Let me update that God ><.
    I just updated it with Chilvarous chain and removing Love torque just for have the same amounth of STP. Brb checking if i dont equiped a Masamune on DRG J/K

P.S. If your DRG cant use Attila earring you are a Gimped DRG K?
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 01-01-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    I love stardiver I unlocked it 5/5 and got my DRG lv 99 yesterday.

The sad thing is... i do more damage with my samurai -_- than my Drg using stardiver
    yeah, can't say I didn't see this coming. I feel the same way.
    (0)

Character
    Lancil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    When I first saw the new weaponskills I jumped onto the test server and saw that war and sam could also use Stardiver. Needless to say i was a little more than upset. So I began the testing and the damaged seemed great. Then I did it on sam with a lower dmg polearm, did comparable dmg, then logged off.
    WTF? no, its just to be expected................
    (0)

Player
    Stardiver is meant to be an upgrade from Penta Thrust for jobs that want to mess around with Polearm. It's to bridge the gap between Penta Thrust and Drakesbane for non-DRG jobs that can't use Drakesbane. All of the new WS are meant to bridge gaps between jobs that can't use the strongest, non-empyrean WS. Requiescat for sword jobs that can't use Vorpal/CDC, Stardiver for jobs that can't use Drakesbane, Realmrazer for jobs that can't use Hexastrike, Resolution for jobs that can't use Spinning Slash, Upheaval for jobs that can't use Ukko's Fury or King's Justice, Apex Arrow/Last Stand for jobs that can't use bow/gun WS without /RNG or /COR etc... These WS are not job specific. That's like THFs getting upset that DNC does more damage on Evisceration than them. These WS are technically WS you learn from skill level that we happen to unlock via merit points.
    (0)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't know about you, but in pretty much every serious situation (e.g not in Abyssea), I've found Stardiver does more than just bridge the gap between Penta and Drakesbane. In fact unless I've just done a Stardiver, got champions tonic up, or have been hit by Blood Rage I rarely touch Drakesbane now outside of Abyssea.

I however think this is a great thing for DRG! I don't care that WAR and SAM are able to put out better numbers, back in the old days of lvl 75 SAM's ran around with polearms beating my Penta's on everything thanks to Overwhelm, but it didnt bother me. This WS has made me feel like I'm not just along for proc's now in VW. I may not be topping any parses, but I'm keeping up with the other DD's while also helping their damage by raising everyones crit hit rate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Transmit; 01-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast