Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Returner
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    "OAT has a higher delay, which somewhat offsets it's lower rounds per weaponskill. Overall weaponskill cycle time is 1095 delay for OAT, compared to 1400 for str polearm. So OAT weaponskills 28% more often than Str polearm."

This is where your problem is. There is no way, not a chance, that OAT is only WSing 28% more often. Yes, the longer delay offset the hit build slightly, but couple the lower hit build with the 40% OAT it should at least be 35% more often if we account for TP overflow. Not to mention you get 40% more TP from jumps as well.

Also, if conserve tp is such an important factor and that 5 hit is seemingly not as big of an advantage, you should try putting this in your spread sheet:

Using sword strap for OAT polearm and do a 6 hit. That way, you can better use your conserve tp and should allow for a better comparison.

Like I said, there is literally no way OAT only WS 28% more.

PS: You also need to account for extra TP making OAT polearm WS harder (even if just slightly). All of those conserve tp proc that didn't help OAT cut a hit from the hit build should result in 15+ extra TP on its WS as well as any TP overflow from OAT proc with 1 more hit to WS. I am not doubting your spread sheet since I know you from BG, but there has to be something that was not set correctly cuz I have parsed against STR polearm before and the result wasn't close.
    (0)
    Last edited by Returner; 12-30-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Returner - Formerly known as Nameless

Ragnarok - TheExpendables

DRK | PLD | BLM | RDM | DRG

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I love stardiver I unlocked it 5/5 and got my DRG lv 99 yesterday.

The sad thing is... i do more damage with my samurai -_- than my Drg using stardiver, this KINDA PISS ME A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

I have 8/8 Polearm Merits. But im Using SAM/WAR Vs DRG/SAM. I really fucking hate my Sam is beating my DRG on WS Damage because Overhelm... Another thing i hate is on Sam i can get 4 hit build "Easy". With increiblity high Zanshin rate on sam my WS rate is superior. My sam will out damage my DRG for a lot =/

Im gona start work this week on my STR Polearm. DRG is a wonderfull pretty job im gona use that for have Fun.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Returner View Post
    "OAT has a higher delay, which somewhat offsets it's lower rounds per weaponskill. Overall weaponskill cycle time is 1095 delay for OAT, compared to 1400 for str polearm. So OAT weaponskills 28% more often than Str polearm."

This is where your problem is. There is no way, not a chance, that OAT is only WSing 28% more often. Yes, the longer delay offset the hit build slightly, but couple the lower hit build with the 40% OAT it should at least be 35% more often if we account for TP overflow. Not to mention you get 40% more TP from jumps as well.
    Note that I account for weaponskill delay in figuring the overall time per weaponskill cycle. The more frequently you weaponskill (both from OAT and haste), the more that the fixed delay from using the weaponskill itself slows you down.

Example:

Taking out all jumps, so that we're looking solely at melee+weaponskill time, look at the melee time necessary to reach 100 TP with 25% gear haste, Hasso and Haste spell:

Str: 1186
    OAT: 902

OAT weaponskills 31.5% more often

With weaponskill delay added:

Str: 1306
    OAT: 1022

OAT weaponskills 27.8% more often

Add marches and look again:

Str: 605
    OAT: 461

OAT weaponskills 31.2% more often (appears to be roughly the same as the first comparison)

With weaponskill delay added:

Str: 725
    OAT: 581

OAT weaponskills 24.8% more often (dropped an additional 3%)

You can also figure another ~7% loss due to less efficient usage of TP (see below), which puts you close to the 40% proc rate value before accounting for weaponskill delay. Additional losses (relative to the supposed theoretical gain) come from less effective DA/TA.

And yes, I'm accounting for the greater TP from jumps on the OAT. Str polearm averages 59 from Soul Jump, for example, while OAT averages 82.

Special Note: I will note, however, that I believe evidence has come up that my formulations for hits-per-round calculations when considering OAx effects may not be completely accurate. Once I've solidified those, I will see if there are any notable changes.

Also, if conserve tp is such an important factor and that 5 hit is seemingly not as big of an advantage, you should try putting this in your spread sheet:

Using sword strap for OAT polearm and do a 6 hit. That way, you can better use your conserve tp and should allow for a better comparison.

Like I said, there is literally no way OAT only WS 28% more.
    I don't see any immediately obvious way to make the OAT a 6-hit and have it perform as well as it does with a 5-hit. Conserve TP is not a hugely important factor, but it does help close the gap slightly. It increases the str polearm total DPS by 2%, while increasing the OAT setup by 1.5%.

PS: You also need to account for extra TP making OAT polearm WS harder (even if just slightly). All of those conserve tp proc that didn't help OAT cut a hit from the hit build should result in 15+ extra TP on its WS as well as any TP overflow from OAT proc with 1 more hit to WS. I am not doubting your spread sheet since I know you from BG, but there has to be something that was not set correctly cuz I have parsed against STR polearm before and the result wasn't close.
    Additional over-TP is accounted for. Doing a quick check using the same gear set and just changing the weapon, the str polearm averages 130 TP while the OAT averages 139 TP, using a 0.5 round over-TP scenario.

Conserve TP is calculated on a per-weaponskill-TP return value (eg: main hit plus two out of three additional hits plus a double attack or whatever), and on a per-Conserve TP proc value (calculated for a 1 TP return, a 2 TP return, a 3 TP return, etc, up to 20), and averaged out over all possible combinations, and number of hits and rounds needed to reach 100 TP for each combination.
    (3)

Character
    Returner
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    That makes sense. I know WS saturation is a pain to deal with and a big problem for any multi hit weapons. However, plz double check with the OAT formula as you said.
    (0)
    Returner - Formerly known as Nameless

Ragnarok - TheExpendables

DRK | PLD | BLM | RDM | DRG

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This is my Method for calculate the max DPS of my jobs i hope is usefull for the people.

1.- First i calculate my damage in 1 hour using the two diferent sets i want compare.
    2.- I Think a real scenario for use my two sets taking in consideration the following

a) The rivals im Facing
    b) The buffs i'm will receive
    c) The level of dificult and stress im gona have in a parse competition.

Correct me if im wrong.

In my maths the STR polearm leads for a short margin vs the OAT polearm. The diference is slighty.
    I taked in consideration Meditate/Sekanoki/Jumps without Merit etc.

In 5 mins of active Fighting in Einherjar

STR polearm = 85 800 DPS Damage / Full Maths 86 023 - 5 Hit build
    OAT polearm = 82 800 DPS Damage / Full maths 83 588 - 5 hit build

My margin of error is short. So you guys can take this as 70% optimal tests

If you play with Short Group max 6 people einherjar, dynamis etc. The STR Polearm is the optimal choice

a) You have time for hit the mobs more
    b) You can solo some mobs and they will stay enough time alive
    c) You will have less STress in the parse competition

if you play with big groups 12 + people the OAT is better

a) The enemies die Too quickly the stress is insane
    b) Even if you are soloing mobs the people will notice and will go kill they too fast
    C) You need quickly tp for have a chance vs anothers DDS
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 12-31-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    I have 8/8 Polearm Merits. But im Using SAM/WAR Vs DRG/SAM.
    And you're surprised you're doing more damage with Stardiver on Sam/War? One word: Berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    I don't see any immediately obvious way to make the OAT a 6-hit and have it perform as well as it does with a 5-hit.
    Most effective way to make OAT a 6hit is probably to use a Sword Strap (which brings it to 492 Delay) and gear as if it were a normal lance.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    STR polearm = 85 800 DPS Damage / Full Maths 86 023 - 5 Hit build
    OAT polearm = 82 800 DPS Damage / Full maths 83 588 - 5 hit build
    What gear are you using to get a 5-hit build with a STR Polearm? 480 delay 5hits are not reasonable.
    (1)

Player
    And you're surprised you're doing more damage with Stardiver on Sam/War? Two words: Berserk. Overwhelm.

ftfy lol....
    (0)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    What gear are you using to get a 5-hit build with a STR Polearm? 480 delay 5hits are not reasonable.
    If the FFXI calculator dont lie for me this is the gear necesary for 5 hit build.

We need WS on this:

This set will return you 23.4 Tp after WS
    This WS set is around + 100 STR pretty solid for Stardiver

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/243199

We need 19.15 tp on the TP set for 5 hit build.

This set give you 19.1 tp

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/243196

Im working on get this gear atm. Im kinda new with DRG. Probably players with more exp using the job can build better Sets!

The last words of year for stardiver. Fuck Sam, fuck overhelm and fuck berserk ^_^
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 01-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    FFXIAH is giving you the full Campaign-only +20 Store TP from Rose Strap. Some of us have known it does this for a while, but it shows you fell into trusting a calculator instead of doing it yourself.

You only have +32 STP on that set outside of Campaign, for 17.1 TP/hit. Same goes for your WS set, it's only +33 STP.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raelia; 01-01-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    FFXIAH is giving you the full Campaign-only +20 Store TP from Rose Strap. Some of us have known it does this for a while, but it shows you fell into trusting a calculator instead of doing it yourself.

You only have +32 STP on that set outside of Campaign, for 17.1 TP/hit. Same goes for your WS set, it's only +33 STP.

Using the TP formula in Wiki.

11.5 + (480 - 450) x 1.5 / 30 = 13

13 * (1.48) 48 STP = 19.2 + (1.4 x 3 = 4.2) = 23.4 On WS gear

(100 - 23.4) / 4 = 19.15. Is needed on Tp gear, After the receive 23.4 TP for WS using 48 STP on 33 gear/ 15 Sam.

Use the FFXI calculator If you dont believeme. Check My WS set and TP set both have 48 STP taking on consideration /sam and giving only 4 STP to the grip.

You are in siren you can PM if you like for Discuss This ^_^. This will cost you Some gils k? j/k

I actualy hope this shit is readeable im super drunk atm

I usually dont torture the posters posting my LOLmaths but i think in this case is necesary lol
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 01-01-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast