Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Character
    Aanalaty
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    To double your damage, it would have to be so high that it floors your Pdif at those abyssmal levels. If thats happening, you just need to bring more chaos/min/angon/dia and remember to use your stalwarts :P Technically possible, but thats not whats happening here else his non zerk WS would be like 300. The chances of having a low def mob (has to be close to your base atk pre-zerk) AND is also so high level that lv correction shoots you through the floor is pretty much non-existant. Mobs that high will have more def so it would be difficult for % based atk buff like zerk to have quite the pronounced effect in your most extreme example xD

But either way, zerk is good. Once we get save TP nerf, /sam will at least have to be looked at again. I love my zerk more than you know since i spam drakes with ryu and its shitty -atk property. I dun wanna give it up either :P
    (0)

Player
    God I hate coming DRG to Kalasutrax and Uptala because those Naraka mobs are skeleton types with -50% to piercing, my average stardiver on them ranges anywhere from 20(yes 20)- to like 600. Ugh. DRG really needs an attack boost from some main job abilities. DRK and WAR benefit so well from /SAM because Hasso/Meditate/Store TP compliment Berserk,Double Attack,Last Resort, Soul Eater and Attack Bonuses so well. We still get those benefit from /SAM but WAR and DRK can get 900+ attack with LR or Berserk. Besides WAR and DRK the other 2 hander jobs are DRG and SAM. Of course SAM gets full benefit of their own abilities and 99% of SAMs sub WAR so they benefit fully from Berserk, DA, Aggressor etc which compliments their Hassozanshin double attack etc. The only 2hand job with weak attack power is DRG unless we sub WAR but subbing WAR means we lose: Third Eye for defense, store TP for a 5 hit/6 hit build, meditate, sekkanoki and Hasso.

They've added a lot to DRG in the past few months but all of those were beating around the bush of DRG's #1 weakness of having low attack power. WARs are boasting 3k-4k Ukkos Fury in VW after the Ukko Nerf and DRKs can spam 3k Resolutions every 2 seconds and can reach haste cap without 2hr, DRG damage is still good but we'll probably never be able to compete with MNK/RNG/WAR/DRK/SAM ever again. Because they've boosting Healing Breaths so high now and we can remove debuffs with /Mage, they can justify that DRG has become a hybrid-like support DD like THF/NIN/DNC/BLU due to our support abilities and giving us higher attack power would be 'unbalancing'.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 02-24-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Character
    Xenshi
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Dragoons can compete with war/sam/drk/mnk etc. easy. Stardiver is an amazing weaponskill also, I average 3k easy with food. highest is 4600+ on ADL. Yes it blows we have to /war for higher spike damage but don't be so quick to say Drg will never be up there as far as damage. Another thing people seem to forget is Drg has an amazing weaponskill frequency naturally with a 5/6 hit build and it gets even better with /sam if you time your meditate/melee/jumps correctly. Yes a Drg main job attack boost job ability would be great, do we 100% need it, no. What we need is either the wyvern being there or not affecting TP gain on soul/spirit jump removed or a better way to keep the dang thing alive.
    (0)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Saying you average 3k is very nice, but you arent really defining where you are using it, Stardiver is great for trash mobs where you don't need attack, abyssea, dyna farming, old VW tiers, its great there, in fact DRG is amazing for all these places right now. ADL is rather pitiful defense wise because its a level 90 monster, my BLU the other night was cracking out 3k+ WS's on him without really trying, he's a hard mob because of the way he splits into other mob, and the few horrid TP moves he has.

DRG falls behind severly if you take them to the highest tier VW mobs, especially Ig Alima, Botulus, or Kala. Because the job is severly lacking in attack over the other "top tier" DD's.

Also you really shouldnt have troubles keeping the wyvern alive now compared to before, 50% damage reduction, shortened spirit link timer, steady wing, soon to be regen on top of spirit link.

Because they've boosting Healing Breaths so high now and we can remove debuffs with /Mage, they can justify that DRG has become a hybrid-like support DD like THF/NIN/DNC/BLU due to our support abilities and giving us higher attack power would be 'unbalancing'.
    This is exactly what I think SE is planning to do with DRG. Since 75 we've slowly been given a lot more utility, and I suppose its to differ jobs like DRK / DRG / SAM etc seeing as at 75 their roles were identical, its not the direction I really want to see DRG go, but I can understand why they are doing it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Transmit; 02-25-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Character
    Aanalaty
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Edit: The original post i was trying to quote got edited and toned down so this response probably seems a little excessive, but oh well :P

I dont know what your smoking. I am a stronger DD relative to other jobs today than i EVER was at 75. No DD buffs? Did you miss the part where we:
    *Got jumps that give 2-3x TP
    *save TP
    *Acc bonus 3
    *atk bonus 2
    *those new sexy jumps got their timers cut down by a third
    *our 2hour gives JA haste instead of lolmagic?
    *Our GEAR options are phenominal these days since we are seated in the 'heavy armor' class instead of leather/mail and crap. Empy armor is super competative with "heavy DDs" like war's armor.

Yeah we sure are the same ol' lolDrg from 75.....except now we crap TP faster on par with samurais, have a new WS with no atk penalty (instead of a -20% drakes), wyverns that are becoming nigh-invincible (especially after the 33/tic regen with same duration as spirit link).

Im not here to say we destroy all the DDs or anything delusional, but to act as though were as bad off as we were at 75 when all we had to wear was homam, heca and penta thrust is rediculous. Sure we could still get more toys and atk buffs, but dont act like we havent gotten ANYTHING. Drg is way up from where it used to be. We get TP at a phenominal rate now, we have a strong, no-atk penalty WS, and our gear options are up with the best. Dont just ignore what we HAVE gotten to fuel emo rage.
    (1)
    Last edited by Aana; 02-25-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Character
    Eriina
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    DRG rage aside, I feel like with the reduced jump timers I need /sam less than ever in VW. As far is building TP just jumps now are on par with jumps+meditate(pre-update) on a per fight basis. It's also possible to 5-hit /war now with all the new stp gear. (though it's debatable whether 5 hit is worth it due too all the other sources TP comes from in VW via rolls and temps). Defensive benefits of /sam are moot, too, in favor of temps.

Point being, even after the save TP nerf I think "another look" at /sam is still gonna see /war come out on top with ws frequency not suffering that much.
    (1)
    Last edited by Silkavenger; 03-01-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11