Thread: Aquaveil

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I can count on 1 hands the number of times I've cast this spell inthe last 6 years.
    Only ultra mega taru shock face will do because we lack a jawdrop smiley and I can't be bothered to find one to link:

[SIZE=7]< O . O >[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=7]....O

Aquaveil is like the hottest spell ever these days. Truly one of the best tools for anyone to be using if they have it.

[/SIZE]
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Then you're made of fail. Aquaveil was remade a while back. Instead of just a small chance to avoid interrupting a spell, it prevents spell interruptions entirely until it has done so a few times. The previously mentioned item increases the effect.
    Or you could, you know, not get hit in the first place. I am glad to know they fixed it though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Or you could, you know, not get hit in the first place. I am glad to know they fixed it though.
    Or you could, you know, realize that that's not always possible and that having this effect on you means that the crucial spell you were casting doesn't get interrupted by something you didn't expect.

Mages don't have this aura of invincibility that prevents them from ever taking a hit.
    Especially when soloing, it's an extremely valuable tool, and I expect people who have it to be using it periodically. If you're a SCH and use perpetuance, it can last a good length of time, and you can basically gurantee that you will be able to cast through getting hit if it ever happens in the next several minutes.

Aquaveil went from being garbage to a useful spell, and it should be used liberally.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-23-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    DA as in they have two chances to interrupt my spell mid-cast.

"Just time is blah blah" is a bunk argument as there will often be a 0~2 second delay between what happens on the server and what you see on the screen. I dual box all the time and it's visibly noticeable when I do something on one system and a few seconds later it shows on the 2nd system.
    I won't dispute dual box delays, but it's not like I haven't done this enough to otherwise know timing can negate the chance, especially if getting hit casting Ichi on a /NIN job.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Aquaveil is the only buff that I'd really like BLU to get because it would be nice for the longer-casting time spells like Magic Hammer or something. Especially when I'm trying to go for a Magic Burst off my SC. Alas, SE doesn't seem interested in giving BLU this under-rated buff, probably because if they did BLU would be unstoppable.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2