Thread: Aquaveil

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Aquaveil

Ever since the update, Aquaveil has been acting really weird...

Kinda curious if anyone else noticed.

Before the update I would be able to take about 5-10 hits before interrupting, now I'm lucky if it lasts 2. Maybe it was bugged before and I am now seeing the "normal" Aquaveil, or it's bugged now.

Any input would be appreciated.

As a side note it seems like it was gettign hit off before stoneskin was on a couple occasions, but I've been unable to reproduce those results. If aquaveil is now being challenged before stoneskin, that might explain a few things.

And yes, I use an Emphatikos Belt.
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Ciato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Mine has been working just fine. Lasts a ton of hits with the rope, and only about 2 without.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can count on 1 hands the number of times I've cast this spell inthe last 6 years.
    (3)

Player
    So good for RDM/NIN soloing as it lets you get off ichi even while being hit. I think it depends on the level of the mob compared to yours. Aquaveil saves you from an interrupt and has a chance of wearing off with each potential interrupt, similar to Third Eye+Seigen. Stronger mobs will strip Aquaveil in 1-2 hits while weaker mobs will take multiple similar to Third eye as well.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Mob level does make a difference, and to some degree, the actual amount of damage you take, too. Ideally, you should get a feel for the mob's attack speed so you can start casting just before they attack, and while you can get hit, you can still get a spell off uninterrupted. This obviously gets trickier when fighting multiple mobs, but of all the jobs that get Aquaveil natively, you're not exactly looking at having high evasion and should be avoiding that if they're T+. I've probably used the spell on BLU/RDM whisker burning more than as RDM, WHM, or SCH.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I absolutely love Aquaveil on RDM now. I guarantees that you'll get that stoneskin, Ichi, Sleep or even Cure spell off while being smacked around by a DAing monster.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Even DA doesn't matter since their attack is processed at the beginning of the round. It's just visually delayed by animation. I guess between Slow II and Para/Ice Spikes, it's not too difficult to get any spell off on RDM if you swap fast gear in, though.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I can count on 1 hands the number of times I've cast this spell inthe last 6 years.
    Then you're made of fail. Aquaveil was remade a while back. Instead of just a small chance to avoid interrupting a spell, it prevents spell interruptions entirely until it has done so a few times. The previously mentioned item increases the effect.
    (4)

Player
    Well, if you made a 102% SIR set for it it did feel like it sucked for abit but I've gotten used to the new aquaveil. +Inventory since I only need Emphatikos + normal gear with it now.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Even DA doesn't matter since their attack is processed at the beginning of the round. It's just visually delayed by animation. I guess between Slow II and Para/Ice Spikes, it's not too difficult to get any spell off on RDM if you swap fast gear in, though.
    DA as in they have two chances to interrupt my spell mid-cast.

"Just time is blah blah" is a bunk argument as there will often be a 0~2 second delay between what happens on the server and what you see on the screen. I dual box all the time and it's visibly noticeable when I do something on one system and a few seconds later it shows on the 2nd system.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast