Character
    Rayix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Voidwatch Staggering Suggestion

I would like to suggest an adjustment to square-enix in regards to the staggering system in voidwatch.

It's become a fair bit easier to stagger mobs now, thanks to the new clarity abyssite, which is indeed a welcome change. However, I feel people are overly exploiting mob weaknesses in order to keep them terrorized for the majority duration of the battle. These challenging NMs you set forth for us are being rendered defenseless through a series of staggers that keep them frozen for several minutes on end while an entire alliance beats the crap out of it. In addition, every red !! stagger results in full temp items for everyone, including fanatic's and fool's drinks, which really leads people into thinking they can tank with people who honestly have NO business pretending to fill a Paladin's role!

I would like to suggest that, once spectral allignment caps have been reached, staggers drop down to yellow !!s (no more than 5s terror & possibility of one temp restored), or stop functioning entirely. People want to cap out their spectral allignments regardless, to ensure the highest odds of diserable treasure showing up in their caskets, and while a moment's reprieve can be useful, several minutes worth to zerg is just unbalanced.

I think Fanatic's & Fool's drinks are a little too powerful to have in Voidwatch, in all honesty, especially since you get multiple. I'd either like to see it so these items are NOT restored during the battle, or perhaps changed to their tonic variants, which are by no means a complete damage mitigation.

I would also like to see mobs that have nasty consequences triggered when they break free of a stagger's terrorize. "You just did a ton of damage to me, now I'm gonna give it all back to you!" in a counter-attack.

I just want to see the full challenge of Voidwatch, and I think the stagger system is getting in the way of that, due to people exploiting it for the terror effect & restoration of full temp items.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    Rayix of Asura

tl;dr:
    • Kill !! effectiveness after lights cap
    • Nerf fanatic's/fool's drinks.
    (2)
    The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power.
    How can I explain this to you... The sly eagle hides its claws.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    ....no....just.....no
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Umm WTF.

No,
    Not even remotely close to what really happens. Unless you consider something like "Highly Vulnerable to Earth Wyvern Special Attacks" or having it's weakness be something that it's immune to.

Or how about the monster being "High Vulnerable to Staff Weapon Skills" with the weakness being GoT. That's how messed up the current proc system is.

If anything, SE needs to reduce the number of procs period. If your unlucky you might as well throw the fight because you won't be able to proc anything half way through.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryx View Post
    I would like to suggest an adjustment to square-enix in regards to the staggering system in voidwatch.

It's become a fair bit easier to stagger mobs now, thanks to the new clarity abyssite, which is indeed a welcome change. However, I feel people are overly exploiting mob weaknesses in order to keep them terrorized for the majority duration of the battle. These challenging NMs you set forth for us are being rendered defenseless through a series of staggers that keep them frozen for several minutes on end while an entire alliance beats the crap out of it. In addition, every red !! stagger results in full temp items for everyone, including fanatic's and fool's drinks, which really leads people into thinking they can tank with people who honestly have NO business pretending to fill a Paladin's role!

I would like to suggest that, once spectral allignment caps have been reached, staggers drop down to yellow !!s (no more than 5s terror & possibility of one temp restored), or stop functioning entirely. People want to cap out their spectral allignments regardless, to ensure the highest odds of diserable treasure showing up in their caskets, and while a moment's reprieve can be useful, several minutes worth to zerg is just unbalanced.

I think Fanatic's & Fool's drinks are a little too powerful to have in Voidwatch, in all honesty, especially since you get multiple. I'd either like to see it so these items are NOT restored during the battle, or perhaps changed to their tonic variants, which are by no means a complete damage mitigation.

I would also like to see mobs that have nasty consequences triggered when they break free of a stagger's terrorize. "You just did a ton of damage to me, now I'm gonna give it all back to you!" in a counter-attack.

I just want to see the full challenge of Voidwatch, and I think the stagger system is getting in the way of that, due to people exploiting it for the terror effect & restoration of full temp items.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    Rayix of Asura

tl;dr:
    • Kill !! effectiveness after lights cap
    • Nerf fanatic's/fool's drinks.
    Go and fight pretty much any of the new Jeuno Tier 6 NMs without temp items or staggers.

Come back and tell us how you got on.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    SE wants these mobs to be zerged during proc. That's why the drop rates are so low. You can't have fights with a .1% drop rate that you have a 20% chance of actually winning within the 30 minute time limit. That's also why they are so deadly when not procced. Remove staggering from the equation and a lot of these mobs just 1-2 shot you even on PLD.

Terrible, poorly thought out, idea.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    great idea guys, lets double the fight time\increase the overall difficulty without any change to the drop rate.
    (2)