Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    First off, I'd like to say I'm facepalming at my own thread. I admit i went off into the deep end and overreacted thinking Shoha was now stupidly more overpowered than everything other weapon skill after the Ukko/VS nerfs without doing more research.

Second, yes, the Screenshot in the first post is a lucky shot at 300% TP with a triple attack proc and favorable atmas. I just took the highest Screenshot I saw and assumed it was at 100% TP with favorable atmas. It was out of context, and i apologizing for demonizing the player's Screenshot.

So, I formally apologize for making this monstrosity of a thread and ask Square-Enix to start boosting the following weapon skills:

Every Relic Weapon Skill used with Relic Weapons- this should be priority #1

Every Mythic Weapon Skill used with Mythic Weapons

Empyrean Weapon Skills: Camlann's Torment, Rudra's Storm, Quietus, Torcleaver (it's a decent Weapon Skill but we wouldn't mind seeing a tweak or two)

Merit Weapon Skills: Realmrazer, Entropy, Ruinator, Requiescat, Shijin Spiral, Upheaval
    (8)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 12-23-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Player
    SHijin Spiral beats Victory Smite when Impetus is down and after the next patch, will probably be the best h2h WS.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofire View Post
    I disagree, just because someone with the right gear setup ws'd for 7k ya'll want to shun it. I heard noone crying when people were doing 7-10k damage with wildfire. Good god.
    You can't self-skillchain wildfire like a Sam can self-skillchain there ws and these are empyrean ws we are talking about, that's the point.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillgannon View Post
    Wow really boo hoo wee wee lvl sam and shut up my god like listening to a bunch of kids aint much diff in the VS's iv seen from mnks >.>
    Again, another bad comaprison. Mnks can't self-skill chain 24/7, sam can. That's the problem, there was a reason all the sam ws couldn't, by themselves, compete with unko, because self skill chaining light brings the ws to unparalled heights. Now this merited ws in itself can compete or outdo the two best empyrean ws without skillchaining, that's a major problem. I don't even have to mention that merit ws are much easier to obtain than an empyrean ws. mWhere is the balance, where is the reward vs. balance?? And to make it worse, rather than SE focusing on this they are nerfing war and mnk. Like really? That's were the rage comes from, people people don't post on here if you can't follow the OP's arguement.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Widargelt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    LOL Ironpandemonium do you think having Revenant fists+2 affects my ws damage That significantly? it's kinda sad if you think it does. I work a fulltime job son, do I have the TIME to sit and farm 100 choloris? no. and it's so easy to make you look like the fucktard that you are, and when someone does, you revert to insulting that person's gear. shows how sad and unoriginal you are. so easy to feed a hungry little troll like you. Let me go to whatever backwater server you are on and watch me walk all over your jobs with my revenant fists+2, while you do what you seem to do best. rage and Q-Q.
    (1)
    Last edited by Patters; 12-23-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    SHijin Spiral beats Victory Smite when Impetus is down and after the next patch, will probably be the best h2h WS.
    Look at the stat diff between Vereth and Spharai though(for example, all the attack you get on Spharai), and also look at the math.

It was a comparison for Vereth Smite vs Spharai Spiral.

If you don't have Spharai I don't think Spiral is beating Smite on a wep w/ equiv stats. (For example if you're using a magian h2h or if for w/e reason you were able to use Smite on Spharai)
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    100 Chloris?
    (0)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Widargelt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    100 Chloris?
    Oh sorry I forgot I wasn't allowed to exaggerate.
    You get the point I'm making.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    You're not really making a point as you could nearly finish 3 stage 1 H2H with 100 sets. I probably wouldn't bother doing it either if I had to farm 200 sets just to get an Emp to 85.

50 sets is exaggerating, 100 is being an idiot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dirtyfinger; 12-23-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    100 Chloris?
    He was politely offering to farm mine for me.
    (0)

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast