Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    War was supposed to be a tank to begin with, they're just trying to move it away from what it has become.
    That aside, and even shoha aside, there's litteraly 2 jobs dominating the game atm. War or mnk or GTFO basically. They're "balance" is attempting to make the other jobs more usable. And no. upping otehr jobs is not a viable option. Then it would have no end and then entire game will just turn into munchkin.
    That was the point I was trying to make when I said "oh hey, let's boost virtually every other weapon skill in the game!" God this game has made me become too negative for my own good.

SQUARE-ENIX, WE NEED TO NERF YOUR NEGATIVE NANCY-CREATING CAPABILITIES, KTHX.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    War was supposed to be a tank to begin with, they're just trying to move it away from what it has become.
    That aside, and even shoha aside, there's litteraly 2 jobs dominating the game atm. War or mnk or GTFO basically. They're "balance" is attempting to make the other jobs more usable. And no. upping otehr jobs is not a viable option. Then it would have no end and then entire game will just turn into munchkin.
    Erm.... are you drunk or something?
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Erm.... are you drunk or something?
    He has a point. SE has a knack of bumping everything up and down.

mostly down, rarely up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 12-22-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    He has a point. SE has a knack of bumping everything up and down.
    Yeah, but..... War is not supposed to be a DD anymore, and the game will break if any other job is ever as powerful? and the wording / spacing and and....wtf is wrong with that post.
    (1)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah, but..... War is not supposed to be a DD anymore, and the game will break if any other job is ever as powerful? and the wording / spacing and and....wtf is wrong with that post.
    I think he meant that when Square-Enix starts nerfing and boosting several jobs into various amounts of broken and overpowered, back and forth repeatedly, the game will start to break.
    (0)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    so why did ur damage suck so bad? I was hitting 4k average 2hits with 1 STR atma, that 1 STR atma doesnt make 1600 damage
    - I don't care for my average. I didn't track it.
    - I don't care for your average, but I don't see how your average unbelievable or how my average can fall significantly lower than you do. You keep got yourself pestered by my "2.3k~2.4k when just 2 hit landed" while it certainly, in no way of, saying that is my average.

You should get one for your SAM regardless, if you're serious about your job.
    Thank you for the concern, but my resources (time) isn't yours to be paying. If you do, then by all means come to Asura become my slave for working into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Honestly, VZX, it feels kind of weird to disagree with you on numbers, but still;

Between the significant amount of STR gear available to sams, the moderately strong fTP relative to the other new ws, the fact that whoring out str gear increases the likelihood of capping fSTR even on stronger mobs, or getting fairly close on super tough ones, and the significant attack bonus shoha has allowing it to reach the pDIF cap much more easily than most ws; how can you not see how overpowered this ws is?
    Because you are seeing Abyssea.

You see these new WS have shear amount of base damage compared to previous WS. You see around 200 on dagger and close to 300 on 2 hander, while old WS only have like 60% of the amount and empyrean has close to 80% of the amount.
    If you've already unlocked Exenterator to max, you should be able to see it how multi hit can boost your damage significantly.

We agree how devastating a crit'able WS becomes when you use RR atma. My Chant du Cygne outside abyssea probably can only spike up to slightly above 2k. In abyssea, I can spike close to 6k (maybe have broken one?) with RR GH and apoc. Almost 3x amount of damage
    2-hit shoha is about 2.1k outside abyssea, 2.3k~2.4k with 2 hits landed and just cruor buff. I don't see how it's more broken than my CdC in terms of damage scaling when appropriate atmas are used.
    (0)
    Last edited by VZX; 12-22-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    when Square-Enix starts nerfing and boosting several jobs into various amounts of broken and overpowered, back and forth repeatedly, the game will start to break.
    Somehow I doubt that. People thought the whole game would never survive the level cap increase to 80. It's just math and stuff. Nerfs are just the easy way out. It's like letting air out of 3 of your tires because one is low. Sure it's easier than getting out the bicycle pump, or driving to the filling station, but now you have 4 crappy tires.
    (2)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Somehow I doubt that. People thought the whole game would never survive the level cap increase to 80. It's just math and stuff. Nerfs are just the easy way out. It's like letting air out of 3 of your tires because one is low. Sure it's easier than getting out the bicycle pump, or driving to the filling station, but now you have 4 crappy tires.
    Fuck, that's a simple way to look at it <,<
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Wow, someone posted a screenshot of a 7k Shoha (Abyssea trash mob no less) and everyone wants SAM nerfed.

A lot of unknowns surround that screenshot considering it was done inside Abyssea.

1. No one knows what Atma was used, possibly could have been Smiting/Griffon/Apoc.

2. High possibility that Apoc atma was used so it's possible/likely that Triple attack happened on both hits.

3. What was the subjob? Was it /THF and Sneak Attack was used?

4. People enjoy taking pictures of their epeen weapon skill damage, that screenshot could have been the best result after several hours, possibly with all of the above, who knows?

The point is that there's many variables involved in that screenshot considering the zone, and the chances of SAM producing 14k + skillchain damage from 2 weapon skills is highly unlikely inside Abyssea, and impossible outside.
    (3)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Kiyashi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Someone should post what an Ukon's fury and Victory smite does inside abyssea lol Posting damage on a weak sauce mob and inside abyssea makes you look like a retard. Nerfs never help the game at all. But you're dumb to think Ukon's fury and victory smite doesn't do more than 7k+ inside abyssea. I've seen 11k+ and more before.

Shoha does about 2-3k+ outside abyssea which I can already do with Fudo for a long long time since empyreans were introduced. Instead of asking for nerfs you should be bitchin about the nerfs in the first place. Not other jobs. This is childish as all hell.
    (0)

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast