Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Widargelt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    You're not really making a point as you could nearly finish 3 stage 1 H2H with 100 sets. I probably wouldn't bother doing it either if I had to farm 200 sets just to get an Emp to 85.

50 sets is exaggerating, 100 is being an idiot.
    Exaggeration
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Exaggeration is a representation of something in an excessive manner. The exaggerator has been a familiar figure in Western culture since at least Aristotle's discussion of the alazon: 'the boaster is regarded as one who pretends to have distinguished qualities which he possesses either not at all or to a lesser degree than he pretends...exaggerating'.[1]

How is what I said not exaggeration?
    (2)

Character
    Beathoi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Lower the damage of a weapon skill? Seriously? Please tell me I'm posting in a troll thread; I have to be.
    Well for them to claim that is why they are doing WAR and MNK it is only fair for them to do SAM too. But I have learned when ever gimping SAM is in order. They go ahead and gimp every other DD job so it kind of defeats the purpose...
    (0)
    I'm Just Beathoi. Destroyer of Dream. know me. Fear me.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Thanks, I had absolutely no idea what exaggeration meant, you've changed my life.

I guess I'll just go back to my own full time (250 hour month) job and be more constructive with what little time I have on FFXI. Finishing an Emp after 18 months of Abyssea is hardcore, let alone finishing 4.
    (2)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Hansikursch
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patters View Post
    delicious, delicious tears

more, please; I implore you to write yet another long-winding paragraph to place further emphasis on your clearly-apparent rage on the matter of being called out on your mediocrity and in retort being so adamant on defending your internet pride as if it's something you keep atop a shelf like it were a trophy in relation to your past doings
    (6)

Character
    Widargelt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    ahh, another token photograph and poorly thought out insult from the internet troll. You bore me good sir.
    (2)
    Last edited by Patters; 12-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Character
    Hansikursch
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Patters View Post
    Last edited by Patters; Today at 04:18 PM.
    (6)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post
    Lv99 content has ~300k HP bars, whereas the hardest back at Lv75 had 60k.

You're absolutely fucking retarded if you think we should do doing Lv75 damage numbers at Lv99.
    nobody posting on this forum thinks that.
    Unlukily it's Tanaka idea of [SIZE="5"]BALANCE[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    ITT someone takes a screenshot of someone's maximum damage in Abyssea and takes it to be the norm...

How quickly recent history becomes all of history...

You do realize since the day sam was added to the game and up to the 2-handed buff, sam was a complete joke right? It's melee hits were weaker than a mnks, and a mnk can dish out those hits nearly 4x as fast? You realize War was in much the same boat at about the same time right? People think the 2handed buff was there since the game's inception.. So your cute little "Shit, game's going back to 2003" (paraphrased) comment is a little trite..

The only thing "2003" about SE is it's current thirst to nerf everything...

If you want this game to be better, don't cry for more nerfs.

SE follows that logic that if they can nerf everything into oblivion we'll be happy somehow; and you're feeding that. Instead, keep trying, politely, to get more buffs for weaker jobs.

I don't think Tachi: Merit should be nerfed. I think that all melee jobs should have access to a weaponskill that does about the same damage, balancing those jobs through the utility of the weaponskill.

People scream for homogeneity and they don't even realize they're doing it.

Saying "I don't like pasta" without giving a better vision of what you'd like results in nothing.

Saying "They don't deserve steaks" without giving a better reason why doesn't do anything either.
    qft
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
    Maybe a better idea would be to up the damage on the other ws's before we nerf the few that got it right?
    agree . SE did it right with shoha ( a WS stronger than lvl75 ones) why does they refuse to do it for all?
    (2)

Player
    i'd guess unlike the player base they don't do any analyzing of the numbers before they determine the stats of weapon skills and release them, or for job abilities at all.

Later they get the shocking surprise that they actually made something good (dont worry they'll balance that)
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    hi ironguy
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    agree . SE did it right with shoha ( a WS stronger than lvl75 ones) why does they refuse to do it for all?
    So far on spreadsheet models based on what we know (WSC, fTP and attack bonus/penalties), I see (outside Abyssea, obviously, given the edge crit weaponskills have there):

positives:
    Stardiver beats Shoha on lower def mobs (for sam), and is on par with or slightly better than Drakes (for drg).
    Shun is on par with Hi, and decently above Jin.
    Shijin Spiral is on par with Smite and decently above Asuran.
    Exenterator is about 20% above DE/Evis.
    Resolution can out-do Torcleaver (and both are well above Spinning Slash) if the new attack penalty I'm using is correct.

not-so-positives:
    Upheaval barely beats RR even with all I could put into gear tweaking, but war is hardly lacking in damage as it is.
    Entropy is about on par with Guillotine, though I haven't tried very hard to optimize gear sets for them, so it might be a bit better.

We also know that Last Stand is extremely good for gun, and Shattersoul likewise for staff. I haven't finished work on sword and club.

Overall, these new weaponskills *are* better than their level 75 equivalents.
    (0)

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast