Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    (read old threads instead of your lol-math)
    It's not math it's common sense. FTP are mod are knows for years.

At lleast I'm not suggestiing MNKs to use asuran fists with vere like you do... This nerf is at worst -10% damage on vere which still let it surpass stringing pummel witout accounting for ODD. If you account for ODD then vere is still better used with VS.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    I can explain this to you.
    He has Spharai, he trying to be smart and make fun with "Verethragna only" mnks because they are not true MNKs with both weapons like he is.
    I've never seen you math out anything beside through parses. do it. Let's have fun.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Verethragna is still best used with victory smite, stop with you false assumptions. ODD is what makes it worth it. If your best weapon is verethragna, nothing happened wether you are monk or pup, however, with dynamis II, and level increase, aspharai becomes a realistic option that is only given to monk, and due to Shijin Spiral study, it's clear that this WS only doesn't suck with spharai. In other word :

prior to today : best PUP weapon and WS is verethragna/VS
    today : best PUP weapon and WS is verethragna/VS with -10% damage

prior to today : best MNK weapon and WS is spharai/SS
    today : best MNK weapon and WS is spharai/SS with -0% damage

It's a PUP nerf.
    For it to be a PUP specific nerf, Stringing Pummel would needs be nerfed.

And as my SPs were more or lese equal to my Victory Smites on PUP, and after this VS change i'm sure SP will beat VS on PUP, i still am not seeing this PUP specific nerf.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    prior to today : best PUP weapon and WS is verethragna/VS
    today : best PUP weapon and WS is verethragna/VS with -10% damage

prior to today : best MNK weapon and WS is spharai/SS
    today : best MNK weapon and WS is spharai/SS with -0% damage

It's a PUP nerf.
    Prior to today: Best DD are neither MNK nor PUP
    Today: Best DD are neither MNK nor PUP

Hence, by Pchan logic, this is not a nerf at all, because it didn't affect the best DD anyway. So why be MNK or PUP if you wanna DD?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can explain this to you.
    He has Spharai, he trying to be smart and make fun with "Verethragna only" mnks because they are not true MNKs with both weapons like he is.
    Ah lol
    Waiting for someone with Glanzfaust to make fun of him then :P
    back IT now

[whine]
    Q_Q I don't wanna merit Shijin spiral!
    [/whine]

@Dfoley
    Yeah my point exactely. If anything Stringing Pummel will just become even better since the small gap between it and Vsmite will increase.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I've never seen you math out anything beside through parses. do it. Let's have fun.
    You misunderstood me.
    I dont think you are wrong about VS vs SS or VS vs SP. I just explained him how you see this situation. Instead of being sad that your 95Veret is being nerfed for situation where you would use it you are rather glad because so many MNKs are now worse than you by not having Spharai aka you feel more elitist.

Also by saying its only pup nerf you screaming "I have Spharai!" and smile to yourself that you are a little special. How do I know all this? Because I am the same and I understand you. Yes Im guilty I felt elitist with my 95 ukon and they nerfing my toy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atoreis; 12-22-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Dammit, does this mean I need to level BST and start farming currency for a Spharai?
    (0)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Dammit, does this mean I need to level BST and start farming currency for a Spharai?
    Worst troll attempt ever!
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Verethragna is still best used with victory smite, stop with you false assumptions.
    I'm not sure about that.
    Of course it depends on the entity of the nerf, but seeign how close Shijin and Smite are nowadays (even on Vere) it will take a very very very minimal nerf to mantain things like they are now for Vere users.
    ODD is good, but I fear sometimes people overestimate its efficiency. With the only offhand / only once per attack turn caps it doesn't really have for MNK an impact as big as it has for other 2H weapons.

And I wouldn't be so sure about calling Verethragna best weapon for PUP either. Kenkonken is no joke after the recent 95 trial. Stringing Pummel is already an excellent WS, from 90+ they get a 15% damage boost on KKK, they get a 3 mins Aftermath, a stronger WS, an OA2-3 that can proc during WS and applies to pet... yeah, I'm afraid it's not that obvious that Vere is best PUP weapon.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Worst troll attempt ever!
    Not trolling, but I wasn't really asking either.

I'm pretty pissed about the nerf - and now I'm contemplating scraping plans for 1500 Heavy Metal, and focusing that on a 95 Spharai... a lot of this depends on how the 99 Trials wind up, etc...

My efforts in collecting the heavy metals (which I had begun, but not completed) were under the assumption of a relatively easier (shorter) trial for 99...

Figuring if it's ~150mil for either relic or 95 Emp, and I can make 1/mil easily in a day, it's only ~5 months... the problem arises when you consider I can only devote 1-2 nights a week to this endeavor... so the time to complete becomes much longer. Not unattainable, jut not worth it if the 99 weapon is another major time sink.
    (0)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast