Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    Two points:

1) The other 20 things aren't broken.
    So all the other jobs in the game are perfect? It was just war messing everything up? ok.

2) Your subscription fee allows you to access content whenever you want to, not design it the way you'd like to.
    Nope, I don't design it. I pay them too. They stop designing stuff, I stop paying. That's how subscriptions work.
    (3)

Character
    Linku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't understand how people can be for this nerf. Warrior was doing too much damage? Well at least it can fall back on it's other strengths... oh wait, there aren't any. If everyone had an Ukko's strength WS, then Warrior would be cast aside as every other job has more to offer than just DD.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    So all the other jobs in the game are perfect? It was just war messing everything up? ok.
    Nobody suggested that the other jobs are perfect, but they really aren't broken. Sure they could all use adjustments, but if you took a poll I bet probably 9/10 people don't care about their WS. A lonely warrior weeps in the corner despite still being at the top parse.

They stop designing stuff, I stop paying. That's how subscriptions work.
    Unfortunately for you(fortunately for the rest of us), that doesn't mean that they start implementing changes you want if you quit. You should give it a try though. I'll let you know how it turns out...
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Nobody suggested that the other jobs are perfect, but they really aren't broken. Sure they could all use adjustments, but if you took a poll I bet probably 9/10 people don't care about their WS. A lonely warrior weeps in the corner despite still being at the top parse.
    Yeah, I bet if you asked those same 10 people, 10/10 were even less concerned about warriors ws. So whats the point of the nerf again? I see 1,000 different job threads about how to buff / fix each job. Can you find the one where someone suggested nerfing ukkon to make pup perform better? how about the one where the problem with enfeebling was that ukkon needs to be weaker? none? hmmm.... so basically rather than fix that stuff, their gonna make a few wars mad, and fix nothing. great logic.

Unfortunately for you(fortunately for the rest of us), that doesn't mean that they start implementing changes you want if you quit. You should give it a try though. I'll let you know how it turns out...
    I see your purposely missing the point. When I say "They stop designing stuff, I stop paying." I mean that they have to continue to develop or players will eventually finish. Nerfing a job has never once caused an increase in subscriptions. If they followed your rationale, none of the content in discussion would exist. Everyone would have quit years and years ago, because there wouldn't be 20 jobs or an ukkon to fix/nerf in the first place. But no. They do get paid to provide progression, and development in the game, and they will continue to because making new rewards is what keeps people playing.
    (3)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    What does that have to do with what we are talking about? I said content difficulty should increase parallel to player strength. If a WS hits a big number and could do 2% of Kirins HP at 75 then why is a WS doing 2% of Kaggens HP at 99 such an issue for you? 1000 damage to a 50k hp mob at 75 is relatively the same idea as 4000 damage to a 200k hp mob at 99.
    Because then it feels like the fight difficulty is about the same, right down to the NM dying at (relatively) the same rate. How does that make you feel more powerful? Oh boy, bigger number... same relative death rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Linku View Post
    I don't understand how people can be for this nerf. Warrior was doing too much damage? Well at least it can fall back on it's other strengths... oh wait, there aren't any. If everyone had an Ukko's strength WS, then Warrior would be cast aside as every other job has more to offer than just DD.
    Yeah all Warrior does is damage, that doesn't mean it should be able to double other jobs' peak WS numbers.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Because then it feels like the fight difficulty is about the same, right down to the NM dying at (relatively) the same rate. How does that make you feel more powerful? Oh boy, bigger number... same relative death rate.
    Well..... he did kill a monster that would eat a 75 player in 1-2 hits for starters.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Yeah all Warrior does is damage, that doesn't mean it should be able to double other jobs' peak WS numbers.
    It can't double most jobs numbers. The jobs that it can double have been in need of buffs for a while. Only the trolls prefer nerfing another jobs over fixing their own job.
    (2)

Can you find the one where someone suggested nerfing ukkon to make pup perform better?
    This nerf isn't supposed to increase another jobs performance. It is supposed to reduce warriors performance because it's clearly too high and that is a problem. SE didn't look at other jobs and say "They can't keep up with warrior, lets nerf warrior". They looked at warrior and said "That worked in abyssea when it didn't matter because everyone was on godmode, but we can't allow it outside for encounters that are supposed to be challenging".

If they buffed all jobs to the level of damage output that an Ukon warrior is capable of then they might as well make XI a single player MMO because 90% of the content would be soloable.
    (0)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It can't double most jobs numbers. The jobs that it can double have been in need of buffs for a while. Only the trolls prefer nerfing another jobs over fixing their own job.
    It did indeed double most jobs' numbers. 5-6k high/peak Ukko's vs most other jobs doing 2-3k on good hits.
    (0)

Character
    Bandetto
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    This nerf isn't supposed to increase another jobs performance. It is supposed to reduce warriors performance because it's clearly too high and that is a problem. SE didn't look at other jobs and say "They can't keep up with warrior, lets nerf warrior". They looked at warrior and said "That worked in abyssea when it didn't matter because everyone was on godmode, but we can't allow it outside for encounters that are supposed to be challenging".

If they buffed all jobs to the level of damage output that an Ukon warrior is capable of then they might as well make XI a single player MMO because 90% of the content would be soloable.

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. If they didn't look at other jobs then how could they possibly know that WAR was too powerful.

P.S. Even with ukko's I can't solo even a decent challenge with any kind of consistency without dying....WAR is 100% dependent on WHM support. Ironically I can solo with WHM far better than with WAR. I guess they should nerf Hexa cause WHM is too powerful.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. If they didn't look at other jobs then how could they possibly know that WAR was too powerful.
    It doesn't make sense because no one can seem to figure out that we are talking about a WS that is exclusive to warrior. This isn't about balancing jobs against each other, it's about balancing a job against the content.

Ukko's is too powerful and needed to be scaled back. I guess it's fair to be upset that it wasn't adjusted earlier, but like I said before it wouldn't have mattered much during the peak of abyssea. People also should have seen it coming.

If a day comes where your WHM is allowed to melee endgame content doing 6k HS then yes, you should expect a nerf.
    (0)

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast