Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    What's better is adjusting the one WS that is broken and not breaking everyone else WS. Outside content was easy enough with Ukko spam, but you wanted to make it easier? Sure, why not...
    All of the content is a joke anyway, so what does it matter if it gets easier? If existing paths of VW get harder, and the drop rate is still piss poor, they'll just alienate the player base even more (and don't even get me started with not allowing people to add rare/ex items like BODIES they already have to an alliance loot pool). Besides, they openly admitted to gimping their own content. Their M.O. has always been to let the hardcore player base work harder for things first. Then they'll put on their best Trollfaces and gimp it so it becomes more accessible to the casual, and finally, to the stooges of the world.

All I see occurring is the downgrade of one of the, if not most, popular jobs in the game. Bottom line is that if they wanted to fix it, the most recent rounds of voidwatch should have been akin to what AV was at 75. I was in the most fail Kaggen group today. I was the only Ukon WAR, everyone died MULTIPLE times, but through the magic of zombieing, we still won. Yes, more WARs would have sealed the deal and made it far less annoying, but it was still plenty beatable without.
    (2)

No more room in this discussion for logic it seems so I'll be heading out then. Good luck in the new year.
    (1)

Character
    Mayaramen
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    how are the jp's reacting to this?
    hi I'm a JP player.

Just thought I should let you guys know what the JPs reactions are.

Reaction is big, both in official forum and in game, most saying they shouldn't go ahead with this.

Points that both Pro and Anti are making in JP forum are basically the same as in this NA forum.

I picked some of the main points made in JP forums. I personally don't want this to happen so I am biased but anyways.

----------------------------
    Anti Nerf
    - Don't ignore emotional aspects, such as motivation and passion to future gameplay (with number of players already declining, it does nothing but accelelate it, thus inappropriate)

- Allowing this can create further nerfing, creating the "chain of nerf" (Ochain, WF, some of new WS such as Shoha and Resolution have been pointed out, and even Cure V)

- Dev.Team once announced that they are not going to nerf empy weapons (some people actually made these weapons after this announcement, thus it is a breach of contract, plus you need to buy Abyssea pack to make empy)

- Those who will be affected does not include only owners of these weapons, but include owners of WoE weapons, also those who are in the process of making them, and those who is planning to make them; thus impact will be huge.

- Don't forget about PUP

Pro Nerf

- Its more important to maintain game balance (it was too powerul in the first place, and making other empy powerful will only create power-inflation, thus this nerf is sound)

- Other jobs will be able participate in end-contents more freely

- You'll still have new WS, AM, still powerful job-abilities

- This is FF11, live with it. (or I don't care coz it doesn't affect me )

----------------------------

I hope Dev Team will take our opinions into consideration and make a good VUs that everyone can look forward to.

Thanks for your attention, and many apologies for my poor English ><

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    (14)
    Last edited by Mayaramen; 12-26-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling ><

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Your English is very good Mayaramen! Thank you for the insight.
    (3)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thank you Mayaramen. It's very nice when bi-lingual players can help the JP and English forums communicate on important topics like this.
    (4)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    80% crit at 300 TP is working as intended? Do you honestly and truly believe that?
    YES.

Honestly it would of been nice if it was just straight 100% crit rate at 100 TP. But seriously, what the heck is your problem with just increasing other jobs weapon skill damage to match Ukkos? We're level 99 now, mobs have 6x the HP they had at 75, why the hell do you want to do the same WS damage you did at 75? You sound like you're just angry you couldn't get an Ukon.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    YES.

Honestly it would of been nice if it was just straight 100% crit rate at 100 TP. But seriously, what the heck is your problem with just increasing other jobs weapon skill damage to match Ukkos? We're level 99 now, mobs have 6x the HP they had at 75, why the hell do you want to do the same WS damage you did at 75? You sound like you're just angry you couldn't get an Ukon.
    If they buffed other weapons' skills to match Ukko's, they'd have to buff mobs' HP, and then we'd more than likely get a snowballing effect like WoW is currently desperately trying to remedy where the numbers just get needlessly bigger.

1k WS on Kirin's 50,000 HP at level 75, or 4k WS on Kaggen's 200,000 HP at level 99? Same fuckin' thing just bigger numbers.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I may be misunderstanding you but I think you just argued against yourself.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I may be misunderstanding you but I think you just argued against yourself.
    Probably misunderstanding then. Because I'm still saying that other WS shouldn't be BUFFED to match ukko's, that would be stupid. Bringing Ukko's down a notch or two is the sane choice, and that's what they're doing!
    (0)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    YES.

We have been waiting a year for buffs to other crit weapon skills, and jobs without crit ws like DRK to get one. Why hasn't SE fixed this without nerfing Ukko's? No one knows, it would be nice to have a real interview with the developers. As for WARs continually bashing others for not getting a Ukon, there are 20 jobs in the game. Some of us dont' like WAR. I have farmed the glavoid path for others, I could do it myself if I wanted. If SE is incapable of balancing jobs they shouldn't have added so many. And no, I understand every job can't parse exactly the same. Ukon WAR was a huge outlier though, and made to large an imbalance.
    (0)

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast