Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    lol at everyone claiming they should give every job a WS as strong as Ukko's Fury.

Yes, "balance" has become a hilarious meme, but for fuck's sake, we shouldn't have the ability to one-shot VT mobs with a single weapon skill on ONE job let alone all of them. -_-
    If that's such a concern, future mobs can be designed with high amounts of critical hit defense or other forms of damage mitigation.

But really, silly nerfs, especially in the presence of other issues that go ignored.
    (2)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Oh how things have changed! Not too long ago, before Tanakabalance's renewed reign of terror!

A reponse about fears of a vit change to crit dmg's effect of thieves etc.

Camate wrote:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-and-THF/page2

In all seriousness, the game is not in a good place right now. Nerfing our toys when the game is in such a state is not a good idea, stop nerfing shit and add more content first? I wouldn't mind so much about losing a large amount of damage from my emps if there was a lot of other stuff I could do at least.

Really, this is idiocy ontop of more idiocy.

So many things are going to be nerfed soon, some cor rolls are overpowered.../convert is overpowered, PD is overpowered, Ochain is overpowered. So many bad things coming up, this is just the start.
    Header was changed, so politics change. It's simple like that. No need to wait you will see more comming. =D Just what job will be next.
    (2)

If that's such a concern, future mobs can be designed with high amounts of critical hit defense or other forms of damage mitigation.
    They already did that too. The level cap taru made a joke of war and Ukos.
    (3)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Looks like it's time for everyone to level SAM again, along with a TP bonus weapon. We know how this will end, every job will be gimped to hell and SAM will bet every boost they can think of. I couldn't help but laugh when I read this.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    you people need some grief counseling

sheesh
    (5)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Really I think think this is more the fact that they are enchancing DA and crit attack bonus. Thus they didn't want war to have those along with the crit attack bonus on blood rage and huge crit hit rate on ukko's fury.

But this just sounds stupid why bother enchancing one part if you are just going to nerf another and end up back where you started.
    (0)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Last time i will say about Mr.T's politics. "He's lazy and choose easiest way to adjust thing and make thing" To make other job balance with WAR and MNK power is a lot of work, then he choose the easiest ways nerf it. If you still not familar with this nerf please make familar with it. it's will happen again and again in future. =D
    (3)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagrineth View Post
    Did anyone really not see an Ukko's nerf coming? I mean really, it's hands down the best weapon skill in the game right now, by a completely unreasonable margin.
    WAR players like Ukko's the way it is. This makes playing the job enjoyable to them. Linkshells like having Ukon WAR's around because when push come's to shove they are reliable for the damage output. Ukko give's WAR's a chance to solo with the "you or me is going down" mentality. Since SE still hasn't given us a some kind of extra way to negate damage on our own "defender alone doesn't cut it" Losing that big damage sucks.
    (5)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    WAR players like Ukko's the way it is.
    loller

I'm sure they do!
    (2)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Vision
    Damage dealers who use their brawn to continuously pummel foes with a barrage of physical damage, but also use their brains to adapt to the situation at hand.

We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess, which makes it such an imposing damage dealer, but we also want to make it a more flexible attacker. We hope to accomplish through such means as adding abilities that modify weapon properties, making for more enemy-overpowering carnage.
    "We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess,We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess,We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess,We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess,We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess,We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess."

You know, I had this whole bitchfest typed up but I just deleted it. I just realized that at this point this just isn't very surprising. After slapping relic/mythic owners across the face with empyreans, they are prone to slap anyone. What will be surprising to me is nerfing SAM. Only then will I look at this stuff as being done for the good of game balance and NOT in the name of putting SAM/ back at the top. I mean it can be at the top for all I care. Just not so far up that you're stupid for not using it.

I just expect to see adjustments and content designed that have been in place for a year to stay put when they openly preach about preserving it, and not be nerfed because they released fail content and are trying to preserve it. When VW is done with, and we move on to the next thing and assuming the next thing doesn't suck too, VW is dead forever. Sky will live for longer than VW and it's 8 years old. Baaaah whatever I'll kill what I need to quick before this nerf goes live.
    (10)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast