Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tantra Seal: Body

So I need to start working on my tantra body seals and I was wondering which of the 3 NMs would be the best to go after?
    I'm guessing the garuda T2 VNM.

Also, what strategies would you suggest for the NM you think would be easiest to go after. Thanks~
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have 0 advice on 2 out of the 3 NMs. I only have personal experience with one.

Gamayun (t2 VNM).

From my personal experience, it ALWAYS pops in the same spot, then it roams around until eventually till it reaches its ending spot, which is also the same.

So, when you go there, unless someone has popped it recently, you'll go to conflux 8 and head towards the Northeast corner of the map. Be careful though, if you have a t3 pop as well, the t3 Diabolos mob also hangs out up there.

Counterstance (may want to use pizza, I remember this mob having high evasion) and tank it normally. It'll 2hr a few times. You'll def want to make sure to have shellra V up and use your MDT swap (if you have one, if not get one). mages will do their proccing.

/nin is not required, but if nobody else is nin or subbing nin, I'd recommend it for !! trigger.

When you kill it, it will respawn in between 10 and 15 minutes. It will always pop near conflux 1, somewhere in the Limule camp. I recommend waiting for it to come near the waterfall and popping it up there (make sure it doesn't go up the waterfall though, or you'll have to chase it)., so you don't aggro the mobs.

Kill it again, and rinse repeat. After you get the first kill in, it's pretty easy to keep track of it.

Good luck.

As for the fight itself, I've duo'd it w/ mnk and smn, so it's not a hard mob.
    (0)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Well the cactaur NM out in altep isn't that bad if you 2 blus there to spam Feather Tickle and Reaveing Wind. But T2 VNM Garuda is definitely better. Just be sure to have a whm and bar aero up at all times as Aerial Blast will deal a ton of damage, potentially kill everyone. Its also worth knowing that Garuda is usually heavily camped.
    (0)

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    just whatever you do, avoid the iron giant in ule. we only kill it when we need pantokrator pops and he's WAY worse than pantokrator (my favorite is accidentally proc'ing red when invincible is up).

garuda's the way to go, and if you want to make the spells and tp moves absolutely laughable, use bennu's atma for +100 wind resist. w/ that, a good whm's baraera, shell 5 and a MDT set, you'll take around 60 dmg per aerial blast, and that's when you don't outright resist it.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Chione(Shiva) VNM in A Uleguerand Range can be low maned and is not to hard. Killed it pretty easily with SAM tank, WHM and BLM for proc. Can also be killed with DNC tank and whm.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 03-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Would be awesome if she dropped Tantra body.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    i'll toast to that lol.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Oh, I thought she dropped MNK seals to. Disregard my post.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Gamayun is pretty easy. Just follow the advice that others have given and you shouldn't have any problems. It can be heavily camped at times, however. Emperador de Altepa can be a precarious fight, I don't really recommend it unless you know exactly what you're doing.
    (0)

Character
    Zetonegi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 1
    Gamayun is the easiest by far but if you have a couple pet jobs who know what they're doing then Emperador de Altepa is because pretty easy as well. It can be duo'd with BST+SMN but things get dicey when he starts spamming 4k needles and having 2 BST is much safer/easier.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast