Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    @Raksha and Daniel
    Maybe it's just late but I don't get why you're correcting Einalem. Her comment was about Perpetuance, not Accession. Perpetuance is stated to work on enhancing effects, so it makes sense that it wouldn't work on Reraise (and indeed it does not), which is healing. Unless you count reraise as an "enhancement effect" even though it's healing magic. Maybe the confusion is it was a response to Economizer's post about Perpetuance, but the thread is about Accession???

On a side note, I've always been thankful that SCH Perpetuance works on Protect and Shell, unlike Composure.

Anyway, I agree with the general problem of advertising an ability to work a certain way and then making a bunch of exceptions to it, from nothing other than an overpromise and underdeliver standpoint. I guess that's nothing out of the ordinary for the FFXI dev team though. I looked forward to some relief to boring haste cycles for months before they slipped the surprise note in the update announcement that Accession would not work on Haste. As excited as I was to read the notes that day of the first level cap raise, that item alone ruined the whole announcement for me.

Also, I'll just state again that I don't put much stock in the overpowered claims anymore. We have brews and temps and warps galore. Exempting enhancing cycles and tedious treks to conquest NPCs from joining the age of "less assembly line and more game" is just silly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 01-02-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    @Raksha and Daniel
    Maybe it's just late but I don't get why you're correcting Einalem. Her comment was about Perpetuance, not Accession. Perpetuance is stated to work on enhancing effects, so it makes sense that it wouldn't work on Reraise (and indeed it does not), which is healing. Unless you count reraise as an "enhancement effect" even though it's healing magic. Maybe the confusion is it was a response to Economizer's post about Perpetuance, but the thread is about Accession???

On a side note, I've always been thankful that SCH Perpetuance works on Protect and Shell, unlike Composure.

Anyway, I agree with the general problem of advertising an ability to work a certain way and then making a bunch of exceptions to it, from nothing other than an overpromise and underdeliver standpoint. I guess that's nothing out of the ordinary for the FFXI dev team though. I looked forward to some relief to boring haste cycles for months before they slipped the surprise note in the update announcement that Accession would not work on Haste. As excited as I was to read the notes that day of the first level cap raise, that item alone ruined the whole announcement for me.

Also, I'll just state again that I don't put much stock in the overpowered claims anymore. We have brews and temps and warps galore. Exempting enhancing cycles and tedious treks to conquest NPCs from joining the age of "less assembly line and more game" is just silly.
    I was meant to delete that from my post when I reread it the other day, just forgot.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yeah I dunno why I thought he/she meant accession. My apologies.

Must've been Mass Delusion.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Should ask yourself, Why would one want to buy an item if they put it on the AH to sell?
    Gonna assume you literally don't know.
    1. Crafters put the items on the AH for players to buy and use.
    2. People resell reraise items that may drop off battlefield events.

Also assuming people are lazy for not buying an item, You're Closed minded.
    Let's be serious. Scrolls of Instant Reraise are 7 Conquest Points. It used to be commonplace to bring your reraise item (earring or otherwise) to an event, otherwise you were unprepared and hindering the progress of the group.

You see this thread is about; /SCH or SCH main Concerning Accession. As fair as loosing strength you lost it.
    Grammar aside, you may be right. This is a thread about support and main job scholar, but you can't look at one job without considering the balance of this rest. Just consider WHM's Reraise III compared to SCH after such an update. The proposed adjustment would immediately make SCH's better raisers (as if they're not already with Celerity/Penury) than White Mages.
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I think an AoE reraise would make things quicker, but as a SCH or /SCH you can cast Raise anyway, so if somebody goes down you can still get them up. I've always thought of reraise as the solution when there's nobody there who can raise you. Plus, Penury & Celerity are already a bonus because it reduces cast/recast times and halves the MP cost - yes it means spending 2 stratagems, but a part of the fun of the job is deciding how which stratagems take priority for any given situation - a quick raise could be spent on a tank but a cheap one on a DD (for example). I can sympathise with the fact only a select few jobs can use an auto-reraise set, but I don't think it's that imbalanced, because it's not making any of those jobs OP, it just means they don't spend time using a reraise item/enchantment.

For other jobs in a solo/non-mage situation then bring items if you want to compensate. Some might think I'm mad, but for some solo situations I'll sub SCH for reraise.
    (1)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Accession should works with every spells you can cast (healing/enhancing), and it should not have any penalty for /sch aside having only 2 stratagem charges.
    (1)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm a main SCH and have no issue with the above. I'm more irked with my job specific spells being lower level and less useful end game. At least I'm not RDM though
    (3)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I didn't understand the helix level change. However, the optimist in me says they've lowered the level to make way for Helix tier 2 spells in the future. The dreamer in me says if tier II's were coming then they'd make Modus Veritas more accurate. The realist in me doubts all of it, but it'd be sweet if that was the plan.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura

Player
    If they were adding Helix II then they wouldn't have made the damage and duration of Helices based on your level. There is also apparently a cap on the amount of spells they can add and they've pretty much reached it because they thought Cura and Gravity II were good ideas.

The adjustment itself wasn't too bad, Helices are cheaper and technically better, losing eight unique procs (note: the only procs Scholar has that work) was a kick in the teeth but honestly, who gives a crap? I'd rather my role not be limited to "You have these spells so cast them". The Stagger system is such a pathetic pile of crap that I can't bring myself to care about losing anything to it. Granted, I couldn't care less about them being cheaper and they could have made them better without giving them to every White Mage, but the fact that I don't give a shit about the Stagger system remains.

The biggest issue with Helices being knocked down several levels is that SE quite blatantly ignored literally everyones criticism of such an adjustment, made up some absolutely bullshit excuse, and went ahead with it anyway. Way to listen to your community, SE. Literally everyone saw through that stupid excuse, literally everyone disagreed with such an adjustment and literally everyone came up with better alternatives.
    I'd ask what the point of these forums was, but it's become quite apparent that its for idiots to voice their opinions and have them listened to, while people who actually know a damned thing about the game can be ignored for constantly making the development team feel like idiots - Modus Veritas is working as expected guys, it doesn't hit a damn thing worth mentioning, thats how its meant to be. Please stop calling us idiots for overlooking glaring flaws in its design not once, but twice. We took over from the guys that made this game, I think we know what we're doing.

Look how lazy I'm getting, can't even be bothered to retype an idea. Not that it would make a difference if I did, it'll be ignored regardless.
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    You keep mentioning Modus Veritas fixes, so I'm sure it must get pretty tiring writing them. :P But I agree with them, it would solve so many problems.

I'd think as long as Modus Veritas is a level 65 JA then having a main SCH is better than having a sub SCH, but even then, I'm still happy that we can proc . At least our Helices can still be more powerful than other people's, not that we'd get invites on that basis, but I like to throw in Helices when I can after an enemy is procc'd, whether I'm healing, enhancing, nuking or standing around like a lemon.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast