Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saefinn View Post
    I'd think as long as Modus Veritas is a level 65 JA then having a main SCH is better than having a sub SCH, but even then, I'm still happy that we can proc .
    I wish I could agree, but MV misses 99% of the time. It even misses on ep. In voidwatch the other day MV was ev, hq, and nq (not in the same fight) and I missed every single one of them. This was on Botulus Rex, a nm where every proc is important.
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Granted, MV should deffo be fixed, it sucks majorly. But in contrast to Abyssea where BLMs got invites over us because they had exclusive procs, so it's good to be able to have an exclusive proc of our own so we can get invites for it. I see people shout for SCH to do VW, something I didn't see with Aby. So in that respect, it is better.

Though obviously, the kick in the nuts is that our exclusive proc is pretty useless. SE only has to read the SCH forums to see this, it's pretty much said over and over and over, heck even with suggestions on how to fix it without it being OP.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Wonder if when fixing the enfeebling magic thing they'll take care of Modus Veritas as well
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    I wish I could agree, but MV misses 99% of the time. It even misses on ep. In voidwatch the other day MV was ev, hq, and nq (not in the same fight) and I missed every single one of them. This was on Botulus Rex, a nm where every proc is important.
    Yeah I had that happen to me (check my sig)

I've also had several HV that never proc'd.

It's like SE is intentionally trying to make SCH useless in voidwatch.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Wonder if when fixing the enfeebling magic thing they'll take care of Modus Veritas as well
    I'd hope so, but I seriously doubt it. We got a recast reduction, shit is fixed guys, we can miss more often - working as intended.

If it was in my capacity to give a shit I might actually be worried about enfeebling magic working. That gives Red Mage several unique procs over Scholar even if Modus works.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I wouldn't be so worried about VW anymore tbh. Game is gonna move forward from VW in 6 months, and with the changes incoming (supposing they will happen) you'll be able to cap lights either with procs OR with cells, not both.
    Will make procs less important in VW, and they will be less important overall as they won't be used in new content (new Nyzul, new Salvo, new Limbus, new Einherjar, Legion etc)

They could make Magic Accuracy have relevance on Modus Veritas, that way you'd treat it more or less with similar gear that you use for debuffs... well, except the enfeebling skill thing and INT/MND, but still would be better than nothing.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The accuracy penalty shouldn't apply to non-merited Modus. It's only unbalanced when merited.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    The accuracy penalty shouldn't apply to non-merited Modus. It's only unbalanced when merited.
    This is pretty much the case, but can you imagine all the bitching if SE were to change merits to "increases duration, reduces accuracy"?

The best idea is to scrap the modus merits entirely, put something else in its place, then "re-balance" modus.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would imagine it to being less bitching than there is now, if that's what you mean.
    (0)

Player
    The accuracy penalty simply shouldn't exist. Nor should the stacking aspect in the first place, it was a short sighted gimmick that never had any practical use outside the damn exploit that caused the nerf.

Not trying to blow my own horn too much, but they really should have just implemented it as I suggested. The stacking aspect is purely stupid, just turn it into an ability that doubles the potency of your next Helix or Regen spell and halves the duration (with merits remaining the same). Throw in Adloquium and the -TP/tic enfeeble (that clearly isn't happening), maybe even Animus spells presuming they do the right thing and once again listen to me (+VE/tic, -CE/tic rather than Pax and Anti-Pax).
    This would more than quadruple the utility of Modus Veritas and the possibility of resists remains; with the spell, where it belongs.

Honestly, the only issue I can see with this is it would knock out Modus Veritas as a proc in Voidwatch, but honestly who cares? Better yet, who would even notice the difference?

Absolute minimum they should do is: 100% accurate for first instant, 99% accurate for second, 1% accurate for third. Most people aren't even going to see it used a second time, having a limit on the number of times it stacks is something they should have done to begin with if they wanted to keep the ridiculously useless gimmick.
    (4)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6