Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Inventory space +9000000 <Yes, Please>
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    You all seem to forget SCH main gets perpetuance therefore the balance would be thrown off with accession+perp+haste also on the accession RR sch now has RR3 so you want that accessionable why? its a waste of a spell to accession, RR item are easy to buy and in VW you get a scroll as long as you got the periapts every red or white proc hello RR.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fmaxgluttony; 12-28-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Scholars can already Perpetuance self-Reraise, but I don't think it affects the duration. Now I could be wrong, but even if it did affect it, it is an hour buff...

As for the other buffs, mobs spam dispels so much these days that a perp strat can be wasted seconds later.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If a mob is dispel happy, i usually just worry about hasting one person (be it the tank or the stunner or the best DD).

In all other situations though, accession haste would be a godsend.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You can't Perpetuance Reraise. You can USE Perpetuance, but it will not take effect on spellcast and will stay active on your Status hub until 60 seconds or another appropriate spell is cast. This is because Reraise is a Healing Magic skill spell, not an Enhancing Magic skill spell.
    (0)

I'm in favour of making Reraise AoE, as well as Raise. Personally, a lot of us were immensely disappointed when Accession claims it works on Healing Magic spells and yet these two obvious spells were not included. There are other spells which should be added as well. How Hastega?

Overpowered is a word which is thrown around way too often, but the big question I have to ask is what's so overpowered about being able to ressurect yourself after DYING. Most people try to avoid that part in the first place, if only because weakness is such a pain to deal with. Hastega is a spell which is already available by Summoners, and aside from possibly annoying some more vocal SMN players (who have more than enough other useful buffs they could in lieu of Hastega), impacts the game not one iota.

When something says "Makes your Healing/Enhancing magic AoE" I expect it to do just that. Every healing spell, every enhancing spell. If it's good enough to cast on yourself anyway, why does that automatically make it too good to cast on everyone else?

Besides, RDM/SCH with Temper would actually give them a proper use for the spell.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    You can't Perpetuance Reraise. You can USE Perpetuance, but it will not take effect on spellcast and will stay active on your Status hub until 60 seconds or another appropriate spell is cast. This is because Reraise is a Healing Magic skill spell, not an Enhancing Magic skill spell.

Accession works with healing magic spells too, though.

Accession + Cure IV works.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    Accession is:
    Extends the effect of your next healing or enhancing white magic spell to party members within range.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    I'm in favour of making Reraise AoE, as well as Raise. Personally, a lot of us were immensely disappointed when Accession claims it works on Healing Magic spells and yet these two obvious spells were not included. There are other spells which should be added as well. How Hastega?

Overpowered is a word which is thrown around way too often, but the big question I have to ask is what's so overpowered about being able to ressurect yourself after DYING. Most people try to avoid that part in the first place, if only because weakness is such a pain to deal with. Hastega is a spell which is already available by Summoners, and aside from possibly annoying some more vocal SMN players (who have more than enough other useful buffs they could in lieu of Hastega), impacts the game not one iota.

When something says "Makes your Healing/Enhancing magic AoE" I expect it to do just that. Every healing spell, every enhancing spell. If it's good enough to cast on yourself anyway, why does that automatically make it too good to cast on everyone else?

Besides, RDM/SCH with Temper would actually give them a proper use for the spell.
    Overpowered were concerned to Magic is a joke when you consider all it does is save on multiple-casting (cycles) unless it does something truly over-powered by doubling potency the it isn't OP, duration is a joke. so even Accession + Perpetuance (or RDM eAF) is NOT over powered.

I also agree with you on EVERY spell that fits the category should work. This is of anything, even things SCH never gains access too. This is the point of SJ's.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I also agree with you on EVERY spell that fits the category should work. This is of anything, even things SCH never gains access too. This is the point of SJ's.
    I'm not quite sure... while some spells aren't going to really ever be majorly useful with Accession that SCH doesn't get either (like Cure V/VI being made AoE), you run into issue with things like Temper, which SE never intended for anything other then Red Mage. It might open up interesting tactics, like Sacrifice (shoot, maybe Scholars could get this spell anyways), Raise... and for the Dark Magic equivalents, Warp, Tractor, Drain II, Absorb spells, and more, but perhaps some spells should never be able to be made AoE, perhaps even some of the ones I listed.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I'm not quite sure... while some spells aren't going to really ever be majorly useful with Accession that SCH doesn't get either (like Cure V/VI being made AoE), you run into issue with things like Temper, which SE never intended for anything other then Red Mage. It might open up interesting tactics, like Sacrifice (shoot, maybe Scholars could get this spell anyways), Raise... and for the Dark Magic equivalents, Warp, Tractor, Drain II, Absorb spells, and more, but perhaps some spells should never be able to be made AoE, perhaps even some of the ones I listed.
    I suppose potency could be limiting, while Warp itself would never work, Drain II could be blocked by being like the Absorb spells in only gaining the bonus of one enemy but draining the Health of all the others. Spells like Temper could be done on a Half Potency basis. While RDM can get 21% DA, Accession DA would only be 10%, but even at 21% other jobs can do that already anyway.

I don't know, I just don't think any spell would be two powerful, or unable to be restricted to give a good bonus, but not an OP one.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast