Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

[dev1074] Job Adjustments: Scholar

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    • The required charges for the following abilities will be reduced from two to one:
      Altruism / Focalization / Tranquility / Equanimity
    Long overdue if you ask me.
    (2)
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Player
    Goodbye Stormsurge.

Relic+2 gives a ~20% chance per merit (so 100% with 5/5) of these Stratagems costing one charge currently. After this they can presumably be free of charge. I'll take -50 enmity for free over 7INT any day.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Goodbye Stormsurge.

Relic+2 gives a ~20% chance per merit (so 100% with 5/5) of these Stratagems costing one charge currently. After this they can presumably be free of charge. I'll take -50 enmity for free over 7INT any day.
    Bet you any money the AF is changed before this update.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Goodbye Stormsurge.

Never gonna happen.

Not even in your wildest dreams.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Relic+2 is fairly recent and these Stratagems costing 1 charge is one of the oldest and most frequently suggested adjustment around. I highly doubt they'd implement Relic+2 as a means of making these cost 1 charge and then turn around the next update and decide to drop them down to 1 charge anyway; they'd have just made the Relic+2 enhancement -2 enmity per merit like the rest.

Granted this is SE, but unless a community rep pops in and says they're changing the Relic+2 I doubt they will. This wouldn't be the first time SE ends up doing a follow-up update after doing something like this in any case, considering it's 100% related they would put the Relic+2 adjustment in this note as well.

It's not like they'll cost no Stratagems at all either, going 5/5 is the only way that would be accomplished and I doubt many people will do that and you certainly can't do it for all of them. It would finally make these merits useful and worth some contemplation though.
    (0)

Player
    Lol @ the EV SCH ability pic Raksha. I haven't had that happen yet, but knowing my luck with my LS's events wanting me SCH for VW, it's bound to happen.

Then I'll probably rage or something as it constantly whiffs. ^^

I had all 4 of these stratagems merited, but with 2 charges I just couldn't really justify using them much. Admitedly I never looked into the AF2+2 augments - simply because the first thing I think of is Stormsurge (my only 5/5 merit).

Speaking of AF2+2 augments, does the one with Enlightenment make it work the way it's "supposed" to? That's the only possible "enhancement" I can think of. Suppose I could log on test server and find out myself.
    (0)
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You can have your -50 Enmity for free! I'll take my mini-elemental seal focalization on all nukes for free $.$!
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Lol @ the EV SCH ability pic Raksha. I haven't had that happen yet, but knowing my luck with my LS's events wanting me SCH for VW, it's bound to happen.

Then I'll probably rage or something as it constantly whiffs. ^^

I had all 4 of these stratagems merited, but with 2 charges I just couldn't really justify using them much. Admitedly I never looked into the AF2+2 augments - simply because the first thing I think of is Stormsurge (my only 5/5 merit).

Speaking of AF2+2 augments, does the one with Enlightenment make it work the way it's "supposed" to? That's the only possible "enhancement" I can think of. Suppose I could log on test server and find out myself.
    from BG Wiki: Increases magic skills by 2 per merit level when worn for Enlightenment activation.
    (0)

Character
    Syuveil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Wow I can't believe they are actually doing this. We've been asking for this adjustment now for how many years? lol

Hell if af2+2 augmented gear made stratgems free screw stormsurge i'd 5/5 Equanmity and Tranquility and have -50 enmity nukes and cure IV's full time.
    (0)
    Last edited by ZeroUnlimited; 01-26-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Character
    Ciato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroUnlimited View Post
    Hell if af2+2 augmented gear made stratgems free screw stormsurge i'd 5/5 Equanmity and Tranquility and have -50 enmity nukes and cure IV's full time.
    This. I sure hope it does.

Either way, very nice change and I'm glad I'll be able to use Equanimity more than I already do.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast