Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigandier View Post
    Your performance can greatly affect battle outcomes which in turn affects the other people you are playing with. Everyone should strive for the best performance possible out of respect for the people that end up playing with them.
    Such a good statement right here.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    OP: great post. It's nice to see people running the numbers so that others can learn why certain stats are so valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigandier View Post
    Also: Being an elitist is FUN. I feel sorry for those players who gear bad and just brush it off with the "w/e it's their opinion I'll play like I want" excuse. Making your character push the limit and having friendly competition with other elitists is one of the most rewarding aspects of this game, don't pass it up.
    Unfortunately, gear elitists tend to come off in a poor light - you might say you feel sorry for them, but more often than not a new or average player's experience with a gear elitist is being denigrated for their less-than-optimal gear.

Gear elitists, in my experience, don't care where you're coming from -- if your gear is not the best possible (which at this point in time generally means a full set of Emp +2 armor and a lv.90 Emp weapon unless you're using Twilight gear) then you will be treated as someone who does not deserve to be breathing air, much less playing FFXI, and that gear elitist is likely to instruct you to either die in a fire or take a short walk off of a tall building.

This often leads to the impression that anyone with good gear is likely to have a similarly poor attitude, and the desire to avoid also having such a bad attitude may lead some players to intentionally pursue 'lesser' gear.

It doesn't help that such gear elitists may ignore such factors as that a person has just gotten their first job to 90 and therefore has not yet had the opportunity to acquire the gear an elitist might expect.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Haste is essential if you are a Warrior who uses one of the big, bulky weapons (Scythe, Greatsword etc.). Thanks for the guide, it was an interesting read.
    (1)
    Loving FFXI again...
    Jensenm
    Server/World: Asura
    Jobs: Warrior: 30, WHM: 18, Thief: 12, Monk: 6, RDM: 6, BLM: 1 =[
    Yes, n00b stats, but it's all I have!!!
    /t me ingame and we can play together!!

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JensenM View Post
    Haste is essential if you are a Warrior who uses one of the big, bulky weapons (Scythe, Greatsword etc.). Thanks for the guide, it was an interesting read.
    I think your statement remains true with a bit of pruning:
    Quote Originally Posted by JensenM View Post
    Haste is essential if you are a Warrior ... .
    As someone who (still) favors Dual Wield on Warrior (though I use two-handers as well) I find that Haste is the single most important stat once you cap Accuracy. Doubly so when soloing on WAR/dnc.
    (1)

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Haste is essential if you play FFXI.
    (2)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Haste is essential if you play FFXI.
    After a certain point it is. You don't need Haste to hit level 30, after all.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai View Post
    OP: great post. It's nice to see people running the numbers so that others can learn why certain stats are so valuable.

Unfortunately, gear elitists tend to come off in a poor light - you might say you feel sorry for them, but more often than not a new or average player's experience with a gear elitist is being denigrated for their less-than-optimal gear.

Gear elitists, in my experience, don't care where you're coming from -- if your gear is not the best possible (which at this point in time generally means a full set of Emp +2 armor and a lv.90 Emp weapon unless you're using Twilight gear) then you will be treated as someone who does not deserve to be breathing air, much less playing FFXI, and that gear elitist is likely to instruct you to either die in a fire or take a short walk off of a tall building.

This often leads to the impression that anyone with good gear is likely to have a similarly poor attitude, and the desire to avoid also having such a bad attitude may lead some players to intentionally pursue 'lesser' gear.

It doesn't help that such gear elitists may ignore such factors as that a person has just gotten their first job to 90 and therefore has not yet had the opportunity to acquire the gear an elitist might expect.
    Or we hate noobs that from /c them you know are not going to be gearing right ever because there are obvious better ways to use all the gear they have and or better gear on the AH for like 5K..

I can burn a DD to 90 in 2 days and in another 2 days skills are all caped and gear is good enough to deal damage(no af+1/2) i prob with the noobs on this game are the noobs that cant do any damage on DD jobs because abyssea made DD so hard. srsly no excuse to go to an abyssea party and ws for 1-300..
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    Or we hate noobs that from /c them you know are not going to be gearing right ever because there are obvious better ways to use all the gear they have and or better gear on the AH for like 5K..

I can burn a DD to 90 in 2 days and in another 2 days skills are all caped and gear is good enough to deal damage(no af+1/2) i prob with the noobs on this game are the noobs that cant do any damage on DD jobs because abyssea made DD so hard. srsly no excuse to go to an abyssea party and ws for 1-300..
    I wonder, though, if you are able to differentiate between a noob and a newb?
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volkai View Post
    I wonder, though, if you are able to differentiate between a noob and a newb?
    only on Tuesdays
    (0)

I don't expect everyone i play with to have the best gear. I only expect them not to have stupid gear. WSing in turbo turban is stupid gear. TPing in hecatomb is stupid gear.

Using perle gear isn't stupid, even if it isn't optimal, so I have no real problems with people using that. Unless of course you have something better. Oh yeah, and if you're also mixing and matching your perle gear with other pieces, breaking the set bonus and ending up with a lower total haste than full perle. Saw that a few days ago, it made me sad.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-13-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast