Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90

Increase the base Guard proc rate

Guard, in its current form, is one the most useless defensive skill in the game. Even at capped skill, it rarely procs. While I can understand why parry has a low proc rate since it nullifies the attack, the amount of damage reduced when you guard isn't enough where it should proc once every 4-5 fights (even more for when it isn't capped). I'm not asking to make it so I guard all the time, but making it so it procs 10-15% of the time at capped skill isn't too much to ask right?
    (0)

Player
    this post makes me believe you are severely under the cap and have no clue what capped gaurd proc rate is like
    (0)

Player
    Except he's not because guard and parry have the same proc rate of 5% with or without skill?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Except he's not because guard and parry have the same proc rate of 5% with or without skill?
    wut?

ten ten ten
    (0)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    On basically all FFXI forums I've been on the general consensus is Guard is useless. There are plenty of tests out there proving it. And ill admit that my guard skill isn't capped, but its reasonably high enough where it should proc maybe once every 10-20 hits, not once every 100.
    (0)

Player
    It's a proven fact parry and guard skill do absolutely nothing to the proc rate on mobs that matter. Even with capped skill + why did you merit this skill, they still won't proc more than 5% of the time.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Last I checked, my Parry was around 286, and it maxes at 310 for DRG at 90. I do wish evasion wasn't so relied on in terms of defensive skills. We should be able to use all the defensive skills better than we currently do, this includes Guard.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SheKicksHigh View Post
    this post makes me believe you are severely under the cap and have no clue what capped gaurd proc rate is like
    It depends on what you're fighting. If you're fighting anything under Even Match, the proc rate is pretty good, but those mobs hit so weak, and your evasion is pretty good on them, that the procs are pretty unnecessary.

On the mobs where it actually matters, T+, capped guard or not, the only way to get a decent guard rate is to whore as much guard+ as you can in every slot, which is just counter productive. PDT for example is better than guard. So instead of putting on the guard+ head piece, you'd use arhat's.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    It's a proven fact parry and guard skill do absolutely nothing to the proc rate. Even with capped skill + why did you merit this skill, they still won't proc more than 5% of the time.
    This is absolutely wrong, lol.

You can get off the floor, it just takes a lot of guard+ in a lot of slots to do it. So much, that it's not worthwhile, so people don't.
    (0)

Player
    For guard I'll concede, haven't seen much on it, for parry everything I've seen and tested suggests skill doesn't even matter and is superfluous.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast