Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    He said TK, and that probably is decent for Tornado Kick... from what I've seen of it anyway. Not that anyone I know outside of exp pts seriously uses that WS, and I can say a lot about Mnks in exp pts that probably breaks the terms of this forum.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I know what TK stands for. That's a great number for TK, which is why I said WS.

If Tornado kick is the best you have walking into a party, I wouldn't even expect you to pull hate, if you're partying w/ anyone who has razed ruins and a decent crit ws (doesn't even have to be empy; raging rush, evisc, blade: jin, drakesbane etc.), provided said person doesn't suck.
    (0)

Player
    He can pull hate after the top DD is resting from dying from pulling too much hate and having bad healers (had this happen way too much and I didn't even have RR yet, just Sang scythe.. it's seriously that bad in pickups).
    (0)

Character
    Leroyj
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Denabond View Post
    isn't too much to ask right?
    If they plan on making mnk into a proper tanking type job, then no it isn't too much to ask for, if the game continues to revolve around abyssea though, then mnk needs nothing and poor pld will continue to be useless in comparison to mnk which isn't very fair on a job which was made to tank. And i'm sure there are a lot of plds who are rather butthurt about that lol~
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    A) Mnk is pretty much the go to tank in this game at the moment and has been a good tank for years.
    B) 2.4k by today's standards is nowhere even close to an impressive number for a WS, so I'm not sure why you picked that number.
    You need to take some time out of abyssea for a while, most of you do. If your looking for damage values against mobs in the older FFXI areas, you'll find 2.4K WS's tend to draw alot of attention, TK was just an example, it could of been your favourite WS if you like.

In abyssea, everything actually sucks pretty badly, I've never liked abyssea for a few reasons.

1) People who can solo T's in abyssea, might not be able to solo T's in older areas.
    2) People think, because they have 4,000 HP, your now an proper tank job...
    3) People level monk up, expecting to repeat what all the other monks did in older areas, inside abyssea, well kids, thats not that hard.

So in short, in abyssea, you can do anything no matter how good you are or claim to be, the real test is out in the older, forgotten areas of FFXI.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    2) People think, because they have 4,000 HP, your now an proper tank job...
    Monk has for a very long time been a very capable tank outside of abyssea, before 4k hp was the norm.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post

So in short, in abyssea, you can do anything no matter how good you are or claim to be, the real test is out in the older, forgotten areas of FFXI.
    what is their outside of abyssea thats even really worth it at this current stage in the game?
    (0)

The 1 difference between an actual tank job is that whm's don't have to spend all their energy on 1 player if you have a real tank.

Monk is not a tank, get over it. Monk is, and always will be a DD job.

What has changed though, are people conceptions. Monk has always had the 2nd highest eva stat in the game, so naturally it can evade quite a bit, on top of that it can also counter. So people start to wonder why, and hey presto everyone starts declaring monk tank.... epic fail imho.

Monks high eva stat, right back in the days of only having 6 jobs, would have been purely to help the mages out.
    Monks counter ability, is purely oldschool, reincarnated and badly, instated.
    Monks high HP is purely oldschool, reincarnated, and to be honest, Square failed altogether with the numbers on every job considering HP/MP/DMG (think about every other FF game.... seen 4x9's in FFXI yet?)

So, monk will only ever be a tank until people start putting 2 Tank atmas on PLD and showing the bandwagon players how to properly tank.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    what is their outside of abyssea thats even really worth it at this current stage in the game?
    How about self accomplishment? How about fun?

If your not playing for self accomplishment, and fun, then why are you playing?
    (0)

Character
    Leroyj
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    The 1 difference between an actual tank job is that whm's don't have to spend all their energy on 1 player if you have a real tank.

Monk is not a tank, get over it. Monk is, and always will be a DD job.

What has changed though, are people conceptions. Monk has always had the 2nd highest eva stat in the game, so naturally it can evade quite a bit, on top of that it can also counter. So people start to wonder why, and hey presto everyone starts declaring monk tank.... epic fail imho.

Monks high eva stat, right back in the days of only having 6 jobs, would have been purely to help the mages out.
    Monks counter ability, is purely oldschool, reincarnated and badly, instated.
    Monks high HP is purely oldschool, reincarnated, and to be honest, Square failed altogether with the numbers on every job considering HP/MP/DMG (think about every other FF game.... seen 4x9's in FFXI yet?)

So, monk will only ever be a tank until people start putting 2 Tank atmas on PLD and showing the bandwagon players how to properly tank.
    No shit sherlock.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast