Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

290/300 series Weapon Skills and their properties

As the final tier of weapon skills obtained via skill level, it's a shame they all have Tier I skillchain properties.

Not a single 290/300 Weaponskill is gravitation, distortion, fusion, or fragmentation.

It's rather obnoxious. Anyone else feel that this should be altered?
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I fail to see a reason why they should be.
    (0)

it's odd, and a little annoying, but given that the bulk of them are just stronger elemental WS, the ones that aren't are pretty much garbage 90% of the time, it wouldn't change a lot by giving them L2 properties. The only one that it could be a huge boon (potentially) would be sanguine blade for Self-SCing blus. But sanguine blade doesn't SC at all anyway, making the point moot.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There's some players that actually care about skillchaining with other people than just themselves, you know.
    Whether or not you like skillchaining, even a 2-man light/darkness will effectively double the closing weaponskill and ramped up for every player added.

I understand they become useless against extremely tough mobs when the skillchains get resisted and somewhat pointless if the rate of TP gain among those involved is vastly different (i.e. holding TP for too long) but otherwise they add a nice bit of spike damage.

Even if you don't skillchain, I feel like the level 2 property should be there nonetheless - stronger weapon skills should typically have higher skillchain properties, just as a matter of principle.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsujin View Post
    There's some players that actually care about skillchaining with other people than just themselves, you know.
    Whether or not you like skillchaining, even a 2-man light/darkness will effectively double the closing weaponskill and ramped up for every player added.

I understand they become useless against extremely tough mobs when the skillchains get resisted and somewhat pointless if the rate of TP gain among those involved is vastly different (i.e. holding TP for too long) but otherwise they add a nice bit of spike damage.

Even if you don't skillchain, I feel like the level 2 property should be there nonetheless - stronger weapon skills should typically have higher skillchain properties, just as a matter of principle.
    I don't want to go in to great detail as to why you're vastly overstating the benefits of skillchaining, and completely ignoring the drawbacks, since there's already plentyof explanations for you to read in the SC->MB thread. That said, let me give you the short end of the stick:

1: Using a weaker ws to make a skill chain negates the benefit of extra damage, especially true for the level 290-300 ws which are all universally weak outside of high MAB for the elemental ws, but in which case you're melee damage is going to be godawful anyway since you're using MAB atma, or you're using a brew. Outside of abyssea there's no point using them. The ones that aren't elemental are all pretty much garbage.

2: we already have plenty of otherwise useless ws to make bad skillchains with for big EPEEN numbers. We don't need to muck with these to have more.

3: General rule: If it ain't broke, don't ask SE to fix it, because they'll try to fix it and then screw up five other things and never fix them.

If you want me to explain, in detail, exactly why this is a horrible idea, I will, but I'm not going to bother otherwise.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.