Obligatory Relic Armor Thread - WHM

Cleric's cap +2
    DEF:31 MP+35 VIT+7 MND+7 "Cura" casting time -10% Enmity-7
    Adds "Enhances 'Devotion V' effect"

Cleric's briault +2
    DEF:55 MP+41 Enmity-5 Adds "Refresh" effect Enhances "Regen" potency
    Adds "Enhances 'Benediction' effect"

Cleric's mitts +2
    DEF:21 HP+28 MP+28 Divine magic skill +18 Enfeebling magic skill +18 Enmity-6 Enhances potency of "Banish" vs. undead
    Adds "Enhances 'Martyr V' effect"

Cleric's pantaloons +2
    DEF:40 HP+24 MP+24 Healing magic skill +18 Enhancing magic skill +18 Enmity-5 Elemental resistance spells +25
    Adds "Enhances 'Shellra V' effect"

Cleric's duckbills +2
    DEF:20 HP+25 MP+25 MND+8 Enhancing magic skill +12 Enfeebling magic skill +12 Enmity-4
    Adds "Enhances 'Protectra V' effect"

Shamelessly taken from BGWiki. All the Adds "Enhances 'X' effect" are from the second upgrade. Discuss.

-

As per my own thoughts on this:

SE is trying to give us macro gear for this set. As with any macro gear, the question becomes "Is this worth Inventory -1?"

My personal list to answer the question, solely based on being worth the inventory space:
    • Head
      Maybe. I would probably put this at whether or not the enhancement to Devotion beats the best HP+ hat White Mage can get, and I'm considering Sublimation in my analysis. The cure cast time reduction doesn't mean much to me if I have to macro it in every cast, since I don't use third party tools, and with the sheer amount of cast time reduction available, it would be very difficult to do so, even on a Curaga. As a bit of a footnote, I wish that cure effects reduced the cast time on Raise (that would definitely make this a yes).
    • Body
      No. I'm upset SE even kept the focus on regen after they gave Scholar so many buffs to the regen line. Maybe it will make it slightly more MP efficient then cures again (doubtful), but it won't match up with Scholar's (not that it should). SE had a chance to move forward - it could have kept the previous regen effect and added something else but they didn't. At least it only enhances Benediction. I have no clue what that means, but given previous buffs I doubt it will do much more then reduce the timer by five minutes, although SE could troll us with something really useful like an hour. Or worse, they could make it so Benediction does something it already should, like actually can remove enemy Bard songs and y'know, Doom.
    • Hands
      Maybe. If you really want an enfeebling set, I suppose you could use this (which might change your answer for the feet too). The thing that would interested me is the Divine Magic for Repose, but I generally don't have trouble sticking that. For Divine Magic nukes, if I was inclined however, I'd just wear a MAB piece, I would almost bet it would outperform even on undead. The merit enhancement puts this further into the no category short of perhaps SE letting us cap out all merits in category 2.
    • Legs
      Yes. Best piece in set. If I have to explain why, you are a moron. Heaps upon heaps of things that buff magic resistances, on top of being the best enhancing magic piece White Mage can wear. Enhances Shellra V is just icing. And I don't mean the kind on cakes, I mean the diamond encrusted embroidery this thing is made of over the red velvet to give it the white color. Solid macro piece, only way they could make it better would be to merge the stats of all the AF sets.
    • Feet
      No. Short of building for an enfeebling set, this is useless, especially compared to the largely superior stats on the Orison Duckbills +2. Also, Protectra is mostly useless, I short of them making it so we can cap out all category 2, I think I would like it to stay that way. Short of a Phalanx or Physical damage reduction effect to Protectra, I don't think it is going to be "fixed" either.

Basically, the only piece I'd 100% suggest would be the pants. I might suggest the hat and maybe even the hands depending on what the user wants/needs. Only way I could suggest the body/feet is if SE gives them the buffs that their respective ability boosts should have got naturally.

TL;DR: SE did a very good job with pants, not so much with other pieces, but I won't hold it against them since they didn't have much to work with on most of the pieces in the first place and seriously, look at those pants.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Cura... seriously? -_-
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Cura... seriously? -_-
    I believe it is a typo if I remember correctly (I forget where people said this, so no link), and the item actually affects all cures. I could be mistaken, but SE wouldn't really do that right?
    (0)

I'll probably get hands legs feet, but not the rest.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Body depends on how much more potent the Regens become.

Legs a definite yes!

Hands are a maybe, like if mobs start resisting Repose in the future.
    (1)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I believe it is a typo if I remember correctly (I forget where people said this, so no link), and the item actually affects all cures. I could be mistaken, but SE wouldn't really do that right?
    I wouldnt' put it past them though.
    (0)

What is the cap for cure spellcasting time reduction?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    What is the cap for cure spellcasting time reduction?
    Magic caps at 50%, unless it changed in that last update. There was something about fastcast in it?
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Magic caps at 50%, unless it changed in that last update. There was something about fastcast in it?
    Until last update, recast capped at 50%, it has been raised by an unspecified amount. Cast time had the cap raised a while back, but I'm not sure when. I believe the current cast time reduction cap is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-85% (think other caps with a similar number).

Cast time gear is hard to macro in as you get more, just because your cures go off astoundingly fast, which means you either gimp your cures or get fast cures, generally. Personally, I think a balance between cure potency, cast time, and recast time has to be reached to be the most effective White Mage you can be, and in some situations you might want to prioritize some over others.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That's what I get for posting at 3am. lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast