Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heavenward Howl, problem?

So, I've now used this thing 50+ times now, and I will only receive Enaspir and likewise for Fenrir. Is anyone else able to get the actual Endrain effect? And personally, I feel that regardless of the the Either/or, Fenrir should ONLY get the endrain effect... I mean COME ON!!! He doesn't even have an actual MP Pool to make giving it to him even worthwhile... I could understand if he drained MP for me, but as it stands like 64% of the mobs in the game don't even have MP to drain...
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's based on the moon phase. Read next time.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    It's based on the moon phase. Read next time.
    Fenrir: Heavenward Howl (Lv. 96)
    Grants the effect of HP Drain or MP Drain to party members within area of effect.

OK, Before you get snatchy with someone... You need to stop a think. First off, the wiki isn't up-to-date. Next, the only only thread that actually mentions the Bloodpact by name is this one. So, don't be a jerk. There's a nicer way to say things.

Also, that's something that needs to be changed, because it's was even more useless than I originally thought. This whole 'phase of the moon' trash needs to be removed from this ability. All the others gave you both sides of the effect, not locked one down.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 12-18-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: More rant!
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

We've already told SE it needs to be changed. Their answer:

"No plans to change it. Fenrir is moon based so all his pacts needs to work this way for the awesome lore of the game."

Basically SE rather tells us a good story than gives us a game to play.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Still, that's a trash answer, no other one of Fenrir's ability is like that and it needs to be addressed. It need to be made like Carbuncle's Glittering Ruby where it's a % of any of the choices. If they want to give it a moon phase that's fine, increase or decrease % of the chances, not lock-out the other entirely. :/
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    But you forget, it's technically not completely locked out. Just locked out for an entire week before it's actually of use to you.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    But you forget, it's technically not completely locked out. Just locked out for an entire week before it's actually of use to you.
    But like i said All of the other ones give both effect, Ecliptic Growl and Howl give a weaker version of whichever isn't in the strong phase of the moon. This is most definitely locking it. If I have to wait an entire week to even see the side of the effect I want, then it's locked. There may be times I want enaspir more than endrain, but I don't want to not even really have a choice at all. They either need to change this to a 50-50 chance or make the status effect 'Syphon' and random drain or aspir like the twilight dagger does.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is why Fenrir is such a great looking avatar on paper but largely situational off of it.

Fenrir with Lunar Bay and all of its buff abilities would make for a killer party 'animal' (pun intended) if it wasn't for the stupid syncing with the moon which means you can be more or less effective through no fault of your own.

Do they expect people to only play on certain moon phases? Fenrir was largely a legacy design when situational / day of / weather based buffs were in the game. That design was largely abandoned but summoners still get stuck with a lot of it. At least elemental siphon isn't crippled by it because all you need is to farm or buy the relevant elementals.
    (0)

On the flip side, next week it's useful for the whole week. During which time everyone will be praising the fact that they didn't ever randomly get the en-aspir effect, especially for fenrir himself or on non-aspirable mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    When update first came out and it was a Full Moon, I had some gnarly 13+ HP drains going on.

Now the Enaspir sucks something fierce. I have to deal 100+ damage to receive even 1 MP drained from MP based monsters. This was at about 50% moon heading towards new.

I have a suspicion that rising moon gives endrain, falling moon gives enaspir. Or it could be close to full moon is endrain, close to new moon is enaspir.

I don't mind Fenrir following the moon's cycle and I personally enjoy the roleplay aspect of the game. But it would be nice if enaspir could be useful...
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast