Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Familiar Idea.

Hello Beast Forums - Lets get right to it.

I have a small idea for Familiar, We all know, It was basically a nice way to keep a pet charmed for 30 minutes, But that part of our style is long since past, and its uses are dwindled. So i propose an idea.

Familiar, a New Effect:

Have Familiar allow our pets to use all of their TP moves, Or access unique ones. Like as Follows:

Adamantoise:
    Tetsudo Tremor
    Head Butt

Smilodon:
    Disorienting Waul

Fly
    Debilitating Drone
    Somersault

Funguar
    Microspores

Ladybug
    Amnesia Dust (w/e its called)

Apkallu
    Frigid Shuffle
    Yawn

Basically, the Weaponskills and Abilities SE Deemed "Too Powerful". Now, For this power, We may want to consider lowering Familiar from 30 minutes, to ~15/10 Minutes.

So for 30 Minutes, Our pets would gain their full power.

Thats the basic theory of my Idea, How do you like it? Add some suggestions? Comments? Concerns? Improvements?
    (3)

I like the idea, another idea is maybe something like the sch 2hr. Allow pets to use tp moves without consuming sic/ready charges for a time. Possibly add some store tp in to sweeten the deal.
    (1)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I loved "Familiar" when I was leveling. There's something very fulfilling in charming a T mob, popping Familiar and then raping EM's and DC's. That said.... yes, it needs a total revamp along with Tame. I kind of like the idea of the additional TP moves but I'd also be happy with something that just heals your pet to full and maybe gives it full charges and TP as sort of an "oh, shit" button for when you get into trouble.
    (1)

Character
    Ultimare
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    I like the idea, another idea is maybe something like the sch 2hr. Allow pets to use tp moves without consuming sic/ready charges for a time. Possibly add some store tp in to sweeten the deal.
    I think that is what the Mythic Axe, Aymur does, according to wiki.
    (0)

Player
    I like the concept of this idea. It works off the Ready system, which is unique to jug pets. I'd love to watch my pet turtle use Tetsudo Tremor so I could spend the next half-hour lamenting that it only did 400 damage. Then I'd probably switch to using it for enfeebling abilities and it might actually being useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimare View Post
    I think that is what the Mythic Axe, Aymur does, according to wiki.
    As I understand it, Aymur gives a large TP Bonus. It starts with 50 at level 75 and keeps going up. Basically, it's like gluing a Tp Bonus Magian weapon to your pet's head or butt or whatever it attacks with. Stuff with pets always has a layer of wonkiness in it, but I think one of the two people with an Aymur used Wild Carrot to figure it out?
    (0)

/s l o w c l a p
    (0)

Player
    cool idea, would definatly be nice if also costed no points during 2hr so u could use the pets tp moves right when it gets 100% tp with no wait. Also think bst 2hr should keep its properties it already has, with whatever they add.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So once every 2hr, the pet can be somewhat useful for a short period of time. But, against what mob would this be for? There's still basically no slot for BST to get invite to VW. WoE? So you can get more Logs/Ores there to npc so you might break even (depending on which pet you use)?

The saddness thing is that SE still dont understands that BSTs are desparate for anything to get us something useful so we can do 'something'. While what that something could be is debatable. We shouldn't have to use a 2hr JA to be useful.

There's absolutely no BALANCE about SE has been doing to BST. Unless they meant by reducing NPC's in zone, it's helping them balancing their server/network load because BST are no longer playing BST and are playing another job.
    (0)

Well, 2hours Shouldn't fix a job.

So this wasn't a suggestion to fix the job

Merely increase the use of our now rather useless 2hour.

Theres about 300 other topics on BST Q_Q, I didn't want another :x, Was trying to give BSTs something to think about tis all.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    So once every 2hr, the pet can be somewhat useful for a short period of time. But, against what mob would this be for? There's still basically no slot for BST to get invite to VW. WoE? So you can get more Logs/Ores there to npc so you might break even (depending on which pet you use)?
    My bst always did alright in WoE, but on the subject of VW, personally, even if I could get an invite to VW I wouldn't want to. Why? Four words. "weak to rabbit attacks" The idea of having to swap out jugs to get procs is absurd for more reasons than I care to dictate.

Although, as a follow up to my idea about comparing bst and sch, how about bst giving us additional ready charges? Please? Sch gets how many stratagems at 99? 5? Even if it is something that gets added as a merit, I feel we deserve another charge or two. Not like one extra charge is gonna break the job, but it will be nice to have.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast