Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Summoner Fix

my Concept for helping Summoner damage out is this:

Allow the ability to call the spirits and avatars into their own body, bestowing them with greater powers.

Mechanics:
    2 new abilities will be added

"Astral Link" will be useable only after preforming "Astral Posession"

Astral Possession
    Summoner 99
    Duration 2 Hours ( or untill cancled, or creature summoned)
    Recast 5 Minutes
    Effect: Absorbs your currently Summoned Avatar and allows for the usage of "Astral Link"

Unnamed effects: Grants all avatar Job traits and blood pacts matching the avatar that was possessed. grants a "Glow Effect" the color matching the Avatar summoned.
    each avatar will grant a diffrent "Bonus effect" for possession. Increases HP and MP by 25% of the avatars HP and MP pools. if the avatar is possessed while utilizing a favor, the summoner will now act as the source of the favor, and still benefit from its effects. Any Magic attack bonus gear will effect Astral Link, as well as anything that enhances Avatar statuses.

Astral Link: Rage (Avatar)
    Summoner 99
    Recast 30 Seconds
    Allows the usage of One avatar rage by the currently possessed Summoner.

Astral Link: Ward (Avatar)
    Summoner 99
    Recast 30 Seconds
    Allows the usage of one avatar Ward by the currently possessed summoner

Astral Possession Can be used on Spirits as well, however their mechanics function slightly Diffrent. when a summoner is possessed by a spirit, they gain access to all BLM tiers of Magic attack bonus that are known to the spirit, and all Black mage magic that is known to that spirit. (works the same way with Light spirit). summoner gains a bonus to all related magic skills up to a b skill rating. the summoner will not have access to the astral link abilities, which instead will have the spells of their spirit added directly into their spell list.

Bonuses by avatar

Leviathan: Increases Mental Prowess: +10% to Mind based Enfeebling Magic -10% Magic damage taken +300 Water Resist -300 Thunder resist +20 MND -20 STR

Ifrit: Increases Combat Prowess. +10% Attack +10% Double attack +300 Fire Resist
    - 300 Water Resist Str +20 MND-20

Titan: Increases Defensive Prowess: +10% Defense -10% physical damage taken +300 Earth resist - 300 Wind Resist VIT +20 AGI-20

Garuda: Increases Agile Prowess: +10% Melee haste +10% Evasion Rate +300 Wind Resist -300 Ice Resist AGI+20 INT-20

Shiva: Increase Magical Prowess: +10% Magic Damage +10% Conserve MP +300 Ice Resistance -300 Fire resistance +20 INT -20 Dex

Ramuh: Increases Combat and casting prowess: +10% Critical Hit rate +10% Magical critical hit rate +300 thunder resist -300 earth resist

Fenrir: increases Prowess based on moon phase: full moon: better Physical bonuses new moon better magical bonuses. +300 Dark resist - 300 light resist

Diabolos: Increased darkness Prowess: +20% to darkness damage Immunity to dark based enfeebling magic. +300 dark resist -300 Light resist

Carbuncle: Increased Healing Prowess: +20% Cure Potency ( ignores cap) TP bonus +50. +300 light resistance -300 dark resistance +20 Mind
    (0)

Player
    I kinda like this idea. However, will we still be able to summon another pet after absorbing them?
    (0)

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Summoner is not a melee job stop trying.
    (3)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    I kinda like this idea. However, will we still be able to summon another pet after absorbing them?
    no, the idea is to create some balance, you would use pets in a situation where you wouldnt want the summoner getting hit or pulling hate ( Aka Summoner Parties, Low Man, soloing) and you would use possession for Group events. the spirits would allow SMN to effectively replace a BLM for abyssea Light Procs.

this would allow summoner to melee yes, however they would be most effective sitting in the back and utilizing MAB gear to blow the crap out of mobs with Merit pacts. and yes, untill SE gives us a reason to backline, then we are melees.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't want to dredge up my other thread where I got jumped on for no good reason.

1 easy fix is to fix the PDT issue. Allow avatar some tanking capability. And good place to start would be to fix how PDT traits is calculated so we're not getting half the state benefit of any given PDT gear or trat.

Will make soloing/low manning slightly easier. And it would be a minor and not overpowering change given the sigificant PDT pieces head/weapon will mean giving up refresh/perp and essentially making for more expensive avatars, which is a fair trade off for more PDT.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 12-19-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    I dunno why ppl try to make SMN a melee job cause honestly it's the most gimmick crap ever... Not to sound arrogant.. PUPS melee with their pets, BST melee with their pets.. neither of them are confined by MP.. SMN is.. so why do smn think.. OK since I have a pet i can melee.. Maybe on utter trash its ok but on anything real ur just feeding TP and risking being one shot, to add pathetic unnecessary dmg. I agree Staff needs a good primary user but with occult Accumen BLM has gotten the ability to run in and TP, and they dont have to worry about dying cuz guess what.. MANA WALL. and with manawell they can use an AM and jump start their TP{ High without endangering themselves or group. Smn is just not good at melee and smns should learn to let it be, even the avatar does piss poor dmg outside of their blood pacts.

I hate sounding discouraging but this game is def. not world of warcraft... smns were made to summon... not consume spirits and turn into mini tanks and blms.
    (2)

Player
    Let me introduce you to a WS called Myrkr. Full MP through meleeing. Always. Before that, there was Spirit Taker. For the gimpy non-melee there are a bevy of choices that consume time and effectiveness.

If you have problems with mp, you are alone, very alone.
    (1)