Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

DNC Merits? What should I pick?

I'm considering making DNC one of the jobs that I want to invest a good amount of time and effort into, and I was looking at the merits available, but ... all of them actually seem useful. So which ones are worth investing into the most? Give me your opinions. Thanks! ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Eric; 12-17-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It will change with the next update, but at the moment I'd advocate:
    5 Haste Samba, 5 Reverse Flourish (non-negotiable)

1 Saber Dance, 1 Fan Dance, 3 No Foot Rise, 5 Closed Position
    (5)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    What about step accuracy? Will landing steps be a problem at all ? Or will gear fix that? I feel pretty dumb asking these questions, but I'm not sure how the mechanics of DNC JA's work exactly.

Thanks for the quick response.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Seems acc helps Step acc I have +87 Acc +3 'enhances Step acc' in that build. Can miss but barely.

Overall i considder Step acc wasted potential on Merrits.

@ Byrth: I have that merrit setup lol.
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Your Steps are more accurate than your melee hits (and you can swap more accuracy gear in for them if you want), so Step Accuracy merits are a waste.
    (1)

Character
    Vesna
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I Personally would say 5 Closed Position, 3 No Foot Rise, and 2 Fan Dance. Saber Dance seems like a waste of merits IMO
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    DNC/war with saber dance full time is pretty nasty lol. I don't think saber dance is useless at all. I did 5/5 Closed Position , 1 saber dance, 1 fan dance, the rest in NFR. Think that's the pretty cookie cutter way though some peeps may line more defensive DNC. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've been using 5 Saber, 1 Fan, 4 NFR for about the last 6 months.

AF2+2 augmented pants add 1% Double Attack per Saber Dance level and having 6STR/Acc, 4% Haste, and 5% DA on my pants is pretty nice. To each their own, but Saber Dance is one of the strongest DD JAs in the game. Not meritting it at all is a waste.

By the way, /WAR's Double Attack trait does not stack with Saber Dance. You'll get 25% DA with AF2+2 augmented pants and Saber Dance with or without /WAR. Because of this, I am not sure what our ideal DD sub is. Berserk is still pretty nice, but offers nothing in many of the situations I use Dancer in (low defense enemies). SAM is a nice alternative. Maybe consider giving it a shot!
    (1)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I've been using 5 Saber, 1 Fan, 4 NFR for about the last 6 months.

AF2+2 augmented pants add 1% Double Attack per Saber Dance level and having 6STR/Acc, 4% Haste, and 5% DA on my pants is pretty nice. To each their own, but Saber Dance is one of the strongest DD JAs in the game. Not meritting it at all is a waste.

By the way, /WAR's Double Attack trait does not stack with Saber Dance. You'll get 25% DA with AF2+2 augmented pants and Saber Dance with or without /WAR. Because of this, I am not sure what our ideal DD sub is. Berserk is still pretty nice, but offers nothing in many of the situations I use Dancer in (low defense enemies). SAM is a nice alternative. Maybe consider giving it a shot!
    Only problem is that saber dance degrades over time. I know with the shortened recast timers it's easier to keep up, but the times you might have to heal really quick by dropping saber dance or inbetween recast times on saber dance or if you're full timing fan dance ( for whatever reason lol) / war helps you keep the constant DA there. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, it will depend what you're doing. Saber Dance decays from about a 50% DA rate to 25% with the AF2+2 pants, though, so it's always above /WAR's 10. The plots are included in the testing links here.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast