Einherjar Updates?

In response to the announcement of Dynamis updates, I cant help but feel that certain areas of older endgame content could use minor revisions as well. Specific content I'd like to discuss in this post pertains to Einherjar.

The last adjustment to Einherjar brought increased drop rates on abjurations from regular tiers. While this is still a rare occurrence, as leader of a linkshell that participates in Einherjar twice a week, we've continued to do so since this update and I must admit it's a welcome adjustment. Seeing N.legs from a tier 2 is pretty cool. As for the event's structure, currently, Einherjar is designed to provide slow progression with a three day re-entry time, and a feather requirement for Odin's Chamber, thus limiting even the most adamant Einherjar linkshells to two Odin kills per month. I feel the event's structure could use some revision.

Proposed revisions:
    > Daily re-entry. Reset entry timer upon JP midnight similar to Salvage
    While the event is still on a large enough scale that I wouldnt expect any linkshell to actually participate in daily Einherjar, daily re-entry reset at JP midnight would alleviate many of the entry concerns that plague participants today.

> Removal of the feather requirement for players entering Odin's Chamber
    This is the structure that currently prevents linkshells from defeating more than two Odin's per month, because all players entering Odin's Chamber must have at least one feather from each tier. I've had to sit out many players who were there that day simply because they couldnt make it to a previous tier, and did not have access. We've also had to reschedule a number of Odin fights to a later date simply to get enough players with access. I would still retain the 9 feather requirement for a player reserving Odin's Chamber, but the others shouldn't be required.

> Removal of the "Smouldering Lamp" item, replaced by tier-specific key items
    With the proposed removal of the "Timeless Hourglass" for Dynamis entry, I feel this same system could be useful with Einherjar entry. Similar to a Salvage Remnants Permit, creation of tier-specific key items that could be purchased with Therion Ichor at the NPC Kilusha would allow a player to enter any chamber within that tier. Key items dissolve upon entry. Any player wishing to purchase the key item to reserve Odin's Chamber must first have all 9 feathers. Other players could purchase Valgrind key items that would allow entry to Odin's Chamber, but not reservation (meaning a player with all 9 feathers would still have to reserve the chamber and enter first). New players without access to Therion Ichor could purchase these key items with gil, Imperial Standing, or Assault Points.

These were just some thoughts I had on how to make Einherjar more accessible in light of previous and proposed endgame adjustments to other areas like Salvage and Dynamis. Comments and suggestions are welcome!
    (0)
    Sovereign of Diabolos
    http://www.etherealls.com

Player
    As someone who still leads an einherjar shell (omg it's been so long) I would agree with this entirely, mainly getting rid of the requirement to enter odin's chamber (other than the person trading the lamp). Please do this. When I recruit new people, I have to start all over again at tier1 just so I don't ditch them for an odin right after they've joined. There's gotta be an easier way to do odin continuously besides using mules too... That should be looked into. I think the person trading the lamp should only be required to have 1 feather from each tier now that einherjar gear is pretty much outdated. Hopefully it'll be upgradeable in this next update, but still SE said even the HQ'd gear would only be as good as +2 empyrean. Doing odin once every 1.5 weeks (without using mules) is not broken at all, as most people already do this with mules. Now that I'm writing about it, the whole system seems rather dumb.
    (0)

Player
    These are ideas I've thought of recently myself, and would like to see put into place by SE. I think any other linkshell/group who still participates in Einherjar will agree with a change in this direction.
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Player
    heres a better idea leave it as is and put develpment time into new content
    (0)

Player
    Here's a better idea: Stop trolling this forum. >_>;
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd like SE to make einherjar a challenge for highest level available because it use to a guage of strength for Mages and melees alike and in this way it was fun and competitive but maybe add a T6 7 and 8 with a new mega boss at the end so that younger player can catch up
    (0)

Player
    Einherjar is fun in my opinion, that's the only reason I still do it. No reason to make new content when they can update older content that's still enjoyable. If you don't like it, don't do it. The only part that sucks about it is waiting for people, who are already late, that decide to take the boat instead of runic portal...

Edit: yeah new tiers would be cool.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Burmecia View Post
    Here's a better idea: Stop trolling this forum. >_>;
    yeah soon as you realize its not 2007 anymore
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Einherjar is fun in my opinion, that's the only reason I still do it. No reason to make new content when they can update older content that's still enjoyable. If you don't like it, don't do it. The only part that sucks about it is waiting for people, who are already late, that decide to take the boat instead of runic portal...

Edit: yeah new tiers would be cool.
    Yeah I can attest to that. We need an easier, more available way to get to Nashmau. It's nice they've added a synergy item that can teleport us straight to there (Nashmau earring), but for a lot of people it may be hard to obtain, or they don't even want to bother getting it synthed for themselves.

Heck, why not make that item sellable on auction house at least? I don't see why not...

I think this whole fact deters a lot of people from even coming to this event in the first place.
    (0)