Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Problem with XI is how SE made quest retard too hard at start, and people in general was just hunting a dream that never came true.

Abyssea was just WAY TOO EASY, even producer realize it now... It been the worse thing SE made.

VW is by far not like the game use to be in 2002... not even close, of course people will cry baby because when they trigger, they assume to get drop @ 95% (thanks Abyssea for that analogy). In fact you can spam VW 50 time per day if you want, and i am pretty sure you will get the item you looking for on the same day... Old content was 1 chance claim nidhogg every 3~7 day for a miserable 1% chance drop on best item. So comparing VW to old stuff is flawed by tons...

But yes, when i read relic/mythic need to get 1,000 item for last stage and NM they have to fight PW and Diabolos for 1x item, i am sorry but that is plain wrong.

I wont ever play 14, nor i will play any other GAME SE create in future, at least not till they prove me they can make a great MMO, something they failed since release of XI, and the next part just make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaka explains
    "Right now, we are at the beginning stages of this content, but as we go forward, we can make adjustments to respond to more casual playstyles," Tanaka promises. "If we set the difficulty low right from the start, everyone focuses on that content and quickly grows bored with it. Our style is to give the new content some bite at first, and then start to loosen up, little by little.
    Translation: We will make the game a nightmare for hardcore player, then we will lower the difficulty stupid easy.

This is pure lack of respect for who care of the game. SE you could have made Empy weapon a good RIVAL for relic owner, but instead you made it BETTER and lowered difficulty on relic.... You could have release RIVAL gear for HNM gear, no... instead you made all HARDWORKED (6yr long) gear a piece of crap compared to abyssea gear.

I am sorry, but is all that kind of mistake that make your FAN hating you, and doubt any serious player would go play your lol-future game.

/hate off.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ilax; 12-18-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Honestly, I feel like Ilax summed up my feelings pretty well. But everyone in this topic has a good point.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They messed up HNM gear from the start using the 1% drop rate and long respawn hoop jumping to serve as long lasting content. They could had cut the time sink while adding new fresh content at a high pace but going so long with only sidegrades with things only being a couple of % better for far more work.

Its true for many this was our first and for other, its was title, then some it was both but SE has now learn that trading on title no longer works look at FF14 and how they can't get more the 30k players to play for free. I don't agree with the same cause as Ilax it does show that it even being up for debate, SE has lost the spark that once had drawn me in.
    (1)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Im pretty sure nidhogg was actually a 25%+ drop rate on the iteam you want. One abjuration was 100% drop, and there was 4 of them (a body, m body, n legs and e body) and there as a change it would drop a 2nd abjuration too.

And yeah, honestly, I agree. This update was basically more VW for low drop rate on side-grade gear, merits on WSs that most arent even worth doing, and more dynamis for even more sidegrade gear.

Its either, spam an event and hope you get lucky for not much of a reward, or do an event you have been doing for years for a good chance at side grade gear you wont even use.
    (5)

I just wish SE put a little more content for everyone in the games.

As a SMN I've worn JSE (2004?), AF(2003), Relic(2003), Empyrean(2010). All other years SE hasn't added any set worth wearing on SMN. That means 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 were all just years where you couldn't progress in the game but just had to stomp your feet where you stood.

All they ever add are the pointless WHM and BLM armors. Here, get +14 INT! Yea, what does that do for Ifrit? Does it make my spirit smarter? All it does is help me WS spirit taker, and I don't even get haste and accuracy gear combos like melee jobs.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Humie
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Im starting to wonder why I still play they have just made gear to hard to obtain even on kings they would drop 1-2 abjurations a kill, voidwatch isnt even worth doing my LS has done void watch twice a week every week for around 5-6 hours per event and we have had 2 bodies drop.

Weve lost so many members in the last few months (mainly quiting or giving up end game content) that we are wondering if its even worth carrying on. Most people have given up all hope of getting the items they want from void watch as the drop rates are so bad.

Now they give us this 1000 items per relic/mythic/emperium upgrade from mobs that take 18 people, its going from bad to worse.

After 7 years of playing 6 days a week and enjoying it I now cant find any reson to even log on
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    To the OP, it all depends on if you think a video game should ever be worth effort or not. FFXI has a lot of really fun events to participate in, if you allow yourself to enjoy them for what they are. Sometimes even events that make you grind your teeth can be fun once in a blue moon.

As for rewards, they're all pixels...

I dunno. After 8 years of playing I'm still having fun.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Kiroko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    All I have to say to you people who think "FF is boring" or "FF is too easy" or "FF sucks", is quit then if you hate it enough to log onto the forums and complain about how bad FF is. You aren't really giving any ideas on how to make it better, not trying to improve the game, which is really what the purpose of the forums are for. If you guys seriously can't find a reason to play, then DON'T PLAY
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    To the OP, it all depends on if you think a video game should ever be worth effort or not. FFXI has a lot of really fun events to participate in, if you allow yourself to enjoy them for what they are. Sometimes even events that make you grind your teeth can be fun once in a blue moon.

As for rewards, they're all pixels...

I dunno. After 8 years of playing I'm still having fun.
    This ^ pretty much :P Some people have the social skills of a dog and think this game is all about acquiring the latest/best items right now. I don't know about you, but some of my best times in XI have been playing with random people and having fun.
    (2)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiroko View Post
    All I have to say to you people who think "FF is boring" or "FF is too easy" or "FF sucks", is quit then if you hate it enough to log onto the forums and complain about how bad FF is. You aren't really giving any ideas on how to make it better, not trying to improve the game, which is really what the purpose of the forums are for. If you guys seriously can't find a reason to play, then DON'T PLAY
    Forum are also there for us to give feed back, and i think is what we are doing here. Hating the direction FFXI is taking, that don't mean i hate the game... Improve the game also mean listen player base, sometime i wonder if they even read.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast