Exenterator & Ternary

So it was mentioned by the Dev's they planned on making Ternary worth using by a new weaponskill and/or through gear. I personally have not unlocked Exenterator but i was wondering if this new weaponskill is the one they were refering to.

Has anyone had a chance to use this new weaponskill with Ternary? I assume it will also be crap due to it being a multihit weaponskill but i figured i would ask.

And if it is crap i'm assuming we can pretty much rule out the new weaponskill since i also assume these were the final weaponskills.

Looks like we will have to use the new "special" gear to make this ability worth using whenever it gets created.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It is the best flourish to pair with Exenterator most of the time, but it is also not worth using over Reverse Flourish most of the time.
    (1)

You say "over reverse flourish" as if they share a timer.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Right they do not....

If its about DPS Byrth is right.
    You want fully chrarged Reversrse Flourish every Time for fastest WS > CS Spamming

The boost on Tenary is no that good to make up for the lost FMs.

However i'm not a DD :P (Still need my F3s for the occasional Climactic > Rudras )
    (0)
    Last edited by Eri; 12-24-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvinta View Post
    You say "over reverse flourish" as if they share a timer.
    They don't. However, unless you use Terpsichore you can spend all your finishing moves on Reverse Flourish without wasting any. Therefore you're choosing to use this flourish over Reverse Flourish. Three finishing moves with Reverse Flourish is 57 TP (more than 60% of a weaponskill, considering WS TP return). Three finishing moves with Ternary adds two hits that you might have gotten anyway to your WS that has a base of 5 hits. 7/5 (optimal case) is only a 40% increase in damage. So you're better off using Reverse and WSing twice unless you're timing out at the end of Dynamis or something.
    (0)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So the verdict is that its fairly strong but remains situational. Like if you were AFK a while in abyssea and had all your timers up and 100 tp. You might pop it before a WS and follow with a presto/step or no-foot-rise and reverse flourish.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I wouldn't call that situational, I'd call that a toy.
    (0)