Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1

Relic +2 is out. Let's talk utility!

I've been... very busy for the past two months.

That said, someone just brought the update to my attention, and seeing some of the pieces for Relic+2, I want to see thoughts and concerns regarding the new pieces!

So far, I picked up that the TH+2 on the hands would allow a THF to not have to use Thief's Knife, which is nice, but knowing the general public, we'd still have to use it for the first hit anyway, right? [as to avoid getting called out for making TH progression slower] But I don't know.

Also, the boots have TA+x% and TA damage, if I'm not mistaken? Would love to hear numbers and comparisons on this.
    (0)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Just giving my personal opinion.

THF

Head ~ DEF:31, STR+7, DEX+7, Accuracy+6, Enmity+4, Enhances "Mug" effect II
    Body ~ DEF:59, DEX+7, AGI+7, Enmity+6, Critical Hit Rate+3%, Critical Hit Damage+3%
    Hands ~ DEF:21, CHR+7, Accuracy+9, Evasion+9, Enmity+5, Treasure Hunter +2
    Legs ~ DEF:44, DEX+5, STR+5, Accuracy+10, Enmity+6, Enhances "Gilfinder" effect II
    Feet ~ DEF:20, DEX+7, CHR+7, Triple Attack+3%, Triple Attack Damage+3%, Enmity+4

The Head. If the FSTR is capped and the attack is at 2.0 Ratio, this can beat for a Small margin a Hecatomb Cap NQ without augments, but there better options atm. I dont see a good situation for justify gear this.

The body. The best option for Eviseration.

Hands. Mandatory for all the people play thief. I play thief in two ways

1.- For the elite DDS thiefs do damage while Trying Proc TH. This will reduce the chance TH procs but is the way the Elite pro thiefs play.

2.- Do the less damage posible while is trying get TH Procs this is only for VERY important battles, like Odin. So the hands are mandatory

The minimiun amount of TH a serious group will acept before kill the enemy is TH8 talking in Procs and gear.

Legs. Really i dont see a good escenario for gear this, probably vs a enemy with Insane levels of evasion but Nah.

Feet. This one is mandatory in all WS builds, so far the best option for WS this item yes is mandatory like the Hands.

I will work on the hands and Feet only.
    (0)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 12-17-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Player
    ppl already checked the body as being 3% crit damage or are you just not expecting much? lol

i kinda like to keep my hopes up hehe.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I disagree with the +2 hands being mandatory. I have no intention of upgrading them unless forgotten touches drop to 5k. Imo the best piece is the feet and really the only piece worth putting any effort/gil into.
    (1)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Agree with Insaniac here, Not entirely motivated to get any of that except +2 Body and +2 Feet.

Feet first probably.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I want head+2 and legs+2 to make money.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Touches aren't really all that hard to farm to be honest. First farm run tonight we got 48 (finished mine and halfway done with anothers since we were +1 already) and 472 currency. If you straight out kill I've seen people saying as high as 60's, so why buy when you can just get a few people together and destroy the mobs for them in one night?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    Feet. This one is mandatory in all WS builds, so far the best option for WS this item yes is mandatory like the Hands.
    Mandatory for Dancign Edge maybe. Exentrator? No.

Hands are a good evasion piece which happen to have TH on them. Inventory -1.
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Abyssea still exists so the feet are still ideal for alot of situations. I'll have to check later and i probably wont until i own a pair but they are presumably the best for evisceration inside abyssea and maybe the best piece to wear in a tp set for thf inside abyssea.(provided you have haste capped elsewhere)
    (0)

There's 10DEX, and 6DEX/6STR/2% Crit feet available on the AH.

I do agree with you on one thing though. Strong TP feet. If you're using 4/5 AF3+2 with Haste Feet, then 3/5 AF3+2 with Haste Hands and AF2+2 Feet would be a good upgrade if capped accuracy.
    (0)