Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Sope
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    (for example for seperately moving camera and menu cursor, and analog control for movement and camera)
    Holding shift will always let you control the camera, regardless of how many menus you're in.

You can also re-bind some keys (I use IJKL) to ONLY control the camera, and not the menu cursor.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I play on a desktop, but the only time I ever touch my keyboard is to type, either the chat window or to type out a command. Most of the action I do is accomplished through a USB controller that logitech makes which is the exact same shape, size, and number of buttons as a Playstation 2 controller.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pufardo View Post
    1) Full KB - Free range of both hands... However, I'm still using a Logitech PS3 style gamepad,
    2) I dunno, I try not to play XI on my netbook because the compact KB bugs me, having to FN-NUM to walk then FN-NUM to go back and type... also if I hold FN-8 to walk and let go of the FN key I keep walking... so much fun when aggroing a IT++ oops!
    Sounds to me like you didn't change the config settings in FFXI for your laptop. If you go into the Config settings you can easily set it to use wasd to move and such. This gets rid of having to use the FN Key.

Back to Topic: I have used both full and compact. Before my computer blew up I used Full. Back then I would have said Full atw. But now I play on a netbook. Have it set to Compact and since I have been playing games with wasd more and more lately, this feels much more natural to me. As a few ppl have stated though, it all depends on what feels more natural to you. I don't believe there is a difference in performance between the two.
    (0)
    Aishiteru

Character
    Meare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I use the full keyboard. My partner uses the compact keyboard. We each hate the other way and refuse to play each others characters because of it.
    (0)

Player
    i use compact. i see some people are disliking the "fn+num:" functions, but my kb has a numpad built in so i dont have that problem. i have access to both, but i prefer compact cause of the ease in manuvering and chat
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3