Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Every JP COR in the universe is a /WHM with max MP sets. It's pretty much a cultural thing. I don't get it either.
    The Shinto Kanamara Matsuri (かなまら祭り "Festival of the Steel Phallus"?) is held each spring at the Kanayama shrine (金山神社)in Kawasaki, Japan. The exact dates vary: the main festivities fall on the first Sunday in April. The penis, as the central theme of the event--is reflected in illustrations, candy, carved vegetables, decorations, and a mikoshi parade.

The mikoshi parade bit is really amazing and makes more sense to me than "Sub White Mage for ALL THE THINGS!"

On Phoenix, stacks are selling for 50,000 each and there's a stack of pouches up for sale already. So availability is pretty good thus far, and I can only assume price will go down once the bullets aren't so shiny and new.
    (0)

Supposedly it has something to do with being supportive of their mages. Like how you see so many JP DDs subbing Ninja, DNCs focusing on waltzes, etc.

I pretty much avoided the crap out of JP-led merits at 75 because they would always get mad at me for subbing WAR and taking damage instead of WHM and curing.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Thunderlips
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Supposedly it has something to do with being supportive of their mages. Like how you see so many JP DDs subbing Ninja, DNCs focusing on waltzes, etc.

I pretty much avoided the crap out of JP-led merits at 75 because they would always get mad at me for subbing WAR and taking damage instead of WHM and curing.
    I am guessing its because they see Cor as Brd 2.0 and nothing more than that.
    (1)

Character
    Hakkairu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 45
    I'm pissed about the bullet dmg, even at this level THF has access to a bullet with better dmg @Lv73 with Cannon Shells than COR... We're up to lv99 and COR has still yet to break beyond 75 ammo wise regaurding dmg.
    (0)

On Phoenix, stacks are selling for 50,000 each and there's a stack of pouches up for sale already. So availability is pretty good thus far, and I can only assume price will go down once the bullets aren't so shiny and new.
    I doubt the price will drop if orichalcum ingots continue to hang out around 50k.

This is the big problem with ammo. Even with people not trying to gouge ranged attackers the price of ingredients is getting crazy and the availability is nothing great.

I'm looking at abandoning RNG entirely. Or at least until I seriously decide to level alchemy, GS and synergy. Adaman bullets are 100k a stack. Totally unacceptable SE, shame on you.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Wait what?

I'm sorry, this is Corsair we're talking about. If you're not willing to drop 50k/stack on wtfamazing bullets, you should probably consider leveling a less expensive job. Like maybe Ranger.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Will this affect the price of salvage gear and once the new salvage gear updates hit won't that also affect the cost/price of these? AKA, going up!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

I'm sorry, this is Corsair we're talking about. If you're not willing to drop 50k/stack on wtfamazing bullets, you should probably consider leveling a less expensive job. Like maybe Ranger
    50k/stack only bugs me a little. 100k/stack is ridiculous. 1 million gil/stack (current Odin prices of Orichalcum) is obscene. Personally I don't think bullets should cost more than 20-30k a stack given neither COR nor RNG are considered elite DD anymore. I've always accepted the price of admission is high to these jobs but its getting crazy again. That might satisfy those that get some kick from playing a rare job, but I like COR and RNG for their mechanics. Bullet cost is only detrimental.

I think SE really is trying to eliminate these ranged attacker jobs from the game.
    (2)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

COR in Voidwatch is pretty much the strongest DD in the game, just saying.

Community Perspective is pretty silly when most of the community couldn't tie their own shoelaces with a manual and 5 wikis telling them how to do it, lol.
    (5)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I don't see a big issue honestly. 1 Orichalcum ingot costs 20-25k on my server which can yield up to 3 stacks of bullets. AH price is still a bit high(50-60k/stack), but it's not that bad.
    Unless you wanna shoot these for Last Stand as well.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast