Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

New equipment, thoughts?

Well im on the way to do the limit break, but on the way i decided to check the new gear, and well some are very nice...then theres this...

Athos's Chapeau [Head] All Races
    DEF:36 STR+8 "Magic Attack Bonus"+4 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect Haste+5% Set: Increases rate of critical hits
    LV 98 MNK THF RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC

....Seriously? Well atleast i cant be TOO MAD cause they also added this;

Brego Helm [Head] All Races
    DEF:32 STR+6 DEX+6 Haste+5% "Subtle Blow"+4
    LV 97 WAR MNK RDM THF DRK BST BRD RNG SAM DRG DNC

For melee, that will do fine by me. Still in all a bit frustrating to see though, but i guess some actual armor looking gear is nice.
    (0)

Player
    They gave away our feather!

/RAGE
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I saw the Chapeau and thought....

Why am I paying SE, really!?

What's their excuse for this, RDM's can't wear Chapeau's.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Okay theres a tabbard that goes with that too which makes me sad, but on further review i have decided, they dont want rdm to have a good ws body other than auging a crimson/blood, or doing salvage for a morrigan's. Still, here are some noteworthy pieces. In whole, and my feedback on each.

Praeco Doublet [Body] All Races
    DEF:50 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15 Magic Accuracy+5 Song spellcasting time -10%
    LV 97 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH

Another nice mage body, stacking even more of the precious INT/MND and Magic acc, all in all, not too bad, but doesnt beat the enhanced enfeebling on our Empyrean body +2.

Rubeus Gloves [Hands] All Races
    DEF:30 Magic Accuracy+10 Enfeebling magic skill +15 Enmity-5 Set: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    LV 97 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

I wanna say, this set has my head turning in all honesty, i think this is part of one of the new nyzul, or limbus, or salvage sets. This provides yet another nice piece for enfeebles.

Rubeus Jacket [Body] All Races
    DEF:55 MP+100 INT+13 MND+13 CHR+13 Magic Accuracy+10 Adds "Refresh" effect Set: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Again, another nice body, however, aside from the MP, and its refresh effect, its just like the other, and i think just doesnt make up for our enfeeble bonus on Estoqueur's Sayon +2

Brego Gloves
    [Hands] All Races
    DEF:26 STR+5 AGI+5 Accuracy+9 Haste+4%

More haste, but with a twist this time, sporting some AGI and some STR, and best of all, Accuracy to make our tp gain that much smoother!

Rubeus Boots
    Feet] All Races
    DEF:30 Divine/Healing magic skill +10 Enhancing/Enfeebling magic skill +10 Elemental/Summoning magic skill +10 Set: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    LV 96 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Another nice all in one skill piece, likely a wink in our direction at our "inventory woes" but not outshining any specific piece, all in all, i say, nice, but not too nice as theres better in almost any situation i personally need boots in.

Duelist's Tabard +2 [Body] All Races
    DEF:59 MP+42 AGI+6 MND+6 Healing magic skill +15 Enhancing magic skill +15 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    LV 90 RDM

An old favorite, but with a new twist, that 15 enhancing skill comes in and blows my socks off, for you buff up fans like me, this means we can now keep our potent fast cast, and stack more skill than even the voidwatch body offers!

Duelist's Gloves +2 [Hands] All Races
    DEF:22 MP+32 INT+7 MND+7 Enhancing magic skill +18 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4
    LV 90 RDM

Little more MDB, some higher enhancing, and a liiiiiittle bit more of the magey stats (INT/MND/MP). The shinies keep on coming!

Duelist's Tights +2 [Legs] All Races
    DEF:43 MP+22 DEX+8 INT+8 Elemental magic skill +15 Enhances effect of "Spikes" spells
    LV 90 RDM

These while nice, leave me a bit underwelmed, the dex is nice, and may make a splash in your CDC WS macro, but aside from that, these didnt age as well as i had hoped.

Duelist's Boots +2 [Feet] All Races
    DEF:20 MP+21 INT+6 MND+6 Magic Accuracy+4 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+7
    LV 90 RDM

JACKPOT! We get to have it all here, combining a rather decent Int boost, some Mnd, magic acc, and a whopping +7 MAB is just plain gravy, and slapping some MP on that too? Love it, love everything about it.

Thuellaic Ecu [Sub] All Races
    DEF:30 Evasion+8 Haste+2%
    LV 97 WAR WHM RDM THF PLD BST SAM

A shield, with haste, not bad but...eh... i think they could do better. Still not bad though if you are /mage and wanna pull out something sharp i suppose, and respectable defense, i believe this is a type 2 shield though.

Witful Belt [Waist] All Races
    DEF:8 Enhances "Fast Cast" effect Haste+3% Occ. quickens spellcasting +3%
    LV 96 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU SCH

Im initially dismissing this as its running 6 million on sylph here, but from what i can tell, you got yourself a specialized recast belt, however as a lot of mages will say. that quickcast is almost a curse at times. I guess, use at your own perril.

Its a zucheto style helm, but for once, im looking at my voyager helm and questioning if its in the top 3 for str based ws for rdm. The answer is yes, you get 3 more str and 2 more dex, some haste, and subtle blow. With this you may not have capped haste in all builds, but that means that your ws, should you choose to use it, will get that bit more pop, and benefit from a bit of subtle blow, and your next attack round after can begin a bit sooner even if you do macro out of it.

Tempered Cape [Back] All Races
    DEF:9 Healing magic skill +4 "Cure" potency +4%

Didnt we already get this? No? Oh i see what they did there, they took the hp and exchanged it for 4 healing skill, not sure if 4 skill will make a big enough difference here...

Engulfer Cape [Back] All Races
    DEF:10 MP+30 Occasionally absorbs magic damage taken
    LV 99 WAR MNK RDM THF PLD DRK BST BRD RNG SAM NIN DRG BLU COR DNC

Alrighty, something different here, if you can get a lot of MDT- or MDB without your back slot, this has some promise.

Rubeus Spats [Legs] All Races
    DEF:43 STR+10 INT+13 MND+13 Accuracy+10 Evasion+10 Haste+3% Set: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    LV 98 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Once again, JACKPOT! Okay the run down here, we are packing a lot of STR, INT, and MND, Acc, some Eva, and haste thrown into the mix, if you ever wanted to kill someone with just your legs, these are the muscle-pants for you! Slap em on to enfeeble, to melee, perhaps to nuke? Any way you wanna slice it, all in all, love em.

Praeco Slacks [Legs] All Races
    DEF:39 MP+20 "Cure" potency +4% "Cure" casting time -3% Enmity-8

Oh and hello to you! Another nice piece of the curing puzzle, this time presented in pants form. Im not gonna lie, whms will barely bat an eye at these, but with these, we nolonger need to dedicate addon clothes to curing (i think...) Math time!
    23%(staff) 15%(Heka) 5% (serpentes) 4%(Cape) 4% (pants) 5% (earing) 3% (neck) Which totals out at... 59%, thats 9% play room (19 if using rescuer atma in abyssea) so with that you can say dial it back, drop the heka to a nefer, and forget about roundel and you will be rocking 49% cure potency!

Dhampyr Sword [Main] All Races
    DPS: 1365 DMG:53 Delay:233 Additional effect: HP Drain
    LV 99 RDM PLD BLU

Eh, kinda a toy really, unless the proc is 100% and/or potent, not really anything too groundbreaking, mostly filler, but i guess for some solo play if the effect is consistent, could be good to offhand.

Mana Ampulla [Ammo] All Races
    MP+20 MND+3 MP recovered while healing +2

Kinda cool, but not groundbreaking.

Atar I [Main] All Races
    DPS: 934 DMG:57 Delay:366
    LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH 0
    Atar II [Main] All Races
    LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH 0
    Atar III [Main] All Races
    LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

YOU WANTED MAGIAN STAFFS WITH DIFFERENT NAMES?! YOU. GOT. THEM. Now go collect multiple ifritite/ramuite/garutite/etc.

Sheltered Ring [Finger] All Races
    Adds "Regen" effect Enhances effect of "Protect" and "Shell" spells cast on wearer
    LV 96 All Jobs

Cool, but more or less a luxury item.

Lunette Ring [Finger] All Races
    Latent effect: "Magic Defense Bonus"+7
    LV 99 All Jobs

Likely an unreasonable latent.

Prosilio Belt [Waist] All Races
    DEF:9 STR+9 Attack+25 "Double Attack"-5%
    LV 98 All Jobs

KABOOM! Though with a double attack penalty, its a tough call, i think id still rock one, that or an ele-belt.

Windbuffet Belt [Waist] All Races
    DEF:7 "Triple Attack"+2% "Quadruple Attack"+1%
    LV 97 All Jobs

An option for you multi-swinging nuts, however, if you arent capping haste around this, may want to take your business elsewhere.

Artful Belt [Waist] All Races
    DEF:10 DEX+9 AGI-7
    LV 96 All Jobs

Good for CDC?

Artful Belt +1 [Waist] All Races
    DEF:11 DEX+10
    LV 96 All Jobs

Better for CDC.

Snowman Cap [Head] All Races
    DEF:1 [Element: Fire]-12 [Element: Ice]+12 Enchantment: Costume
    LV 1 All Jobs
    <1/1 4/[00:60:0, 30]>

I cant tell you how many times ive needed to go undercover as a snowman to avoid detection from my enemies, this should serve you all well!

Stoicheion Medal [Neck] All Races
    Magic Accuracy+2 "Magic Attack Bonus"+8 Elemental magic casting time -3%
    LV 97 All Jobs

Nuking neck without dumb situational factors? Check.

Nefarious Collar [Neck] All Races
    Critical hit rate +3% Magic critical hit rate +3% Increases magic critical hit damage
    LV 99 All Jobs

Crit neck for evisceration/CDC, here it is!

Rancor Mantle [Back] All Races
    DEF:15 Attack+17 "Tonberry's Grudge"
    LV 98 All Jobs

Get angry! Angry with joy, for this stunning crit based back. Sporting the popular "Tonberry's Grudge" and a respectable 17 attack, this will give those crit ws a bit more consistency without losing much from swapping out from aethling mantle.

Elder's Grip [Sub] All Races
    MP+30 Magic Accuracy+1 "Magic Attack Bonus"+1
    LV 99 All Jobs

Nice all round utility grip. I can dig it, nukes, enfeebs, and mp. Not too much other than that.

Hasty Pinion
    [Ammo] All Races
    Haste+1% "Store TP"-5
    LV 96 All Jobs

Not too sure what to say about this one, grab it if you need that bit more haste? But -5 store tp is a fairly steep cost...

Okay so i did leave some things out. New magian weapons have a new name, and ofcourse they have upgrades to the superweapons, aside from that i chose to omit the Sweven and Sweven+1 sets, because in my personal opinion, i dont see much merit in them, they have decent stats, but so many other sets coming out this update blow them away i didnt feel they needed mention, feel free to add comments to these pieces or any others i omitted ofcourse! Still would have liked a new ws body...
    (1)

Player
    Pointing out some stuff from that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Rubeus Gloves [Hands] All Races
    DEF:30 Magic Accuracy+10 Enfeebling magic skill +15 Enmity-5 Set: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect

I wanna say, this set has my head turning in all honesty, i think this is part of one of the new nyzul, or limbus, or salvage sets. This provides yet another nice piece for enfeebles.
    Not sure why you would -inventory for this over Emp+2.

Duelist's Tights +2 [Legs] All Races
    DEF:43 MP+22 DEX+8 INT+8 Elemental magic skill +15 Enhances effect of "Spikes" spells
    LV 90 RDM

These while nice, leave me a bit underwelmed, the dex is nice, and may make a splash in your CDC WS macro, but aside from that, these didnt age as well as i had hoped.
    Unless you're capping attack I wouldn't bother as it loses to Tumbler's.

Its a zucheto style helm, but for once, im looking at my voyager helm and questioning if its in the top 3 for str based ws for rdm. The answer is yes, you get 3 more str and 2 more dex, some haste, and subtle blow. With this you may not have capped haste in all builds, but that means that your ws, should you choose to use it, will get that bit more pop, and benefit from a bit of subtle blow, and your next attack round after can begin a bit sooner even if you do macro out of it.
    Behind Gnadbod's Helm... Might be easier to get I guess.

Rubeus Spats [Legs] All Races
    DEF:43 STR+10 INT+13 MND+13 Accuracy+10 Evasion+10 Haste+3% Set: Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    LV 98 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Once again, JACKPOT! Okay the run down here, we are packing a lot of STR, INT, and MND, Acc, some Eva, and haste thrown into the mix, if you ever wanted to kill someone with just your legs, these are the muscle-pants for you! Slap em on to enfeeble, to melee, perhaps to nuke? Any way you wanna slice it, all in all, love em.
    Definitely not for nuking... agreed on other points besides evasion (really doubt any of those jobs will be off the evasion floor on anything but fodder if that).

Praeco Slacks [Legs] All Races
    DEF:39 MP+20 "Cure" potency +4% "Cure" casting time -3% Enmity-8

Oh and hello to you! Another nice piece of the curing puzzle, this time presented in pants form. Im not gonna lie, whms will barely bat an eye at these, but with these, we nolonger need to dedicate addon clothes to curing (i think...) Math time!
    23%(staff) 15%(Heka) 5% (serpentes) 4%(Cape) 4% (pants) 5% (earing) 3% (neck) Which totals out at... 59%, thats 9% play room (19 if using rescuer atma in abyssea) so with that you can say dial it back, drop the heka to a nefer, and forget about roundel and you will be rocking 49% cure potency!
    24% Staff + 5 Roundel + 10(12) Nefer + 5 Serpentes + 4 back is cap - Actually, drop the backpiece first. That's close/capped with HQ in fewest pieces I think barring Goliard Legs+5 (Staff/NQ NEfer/Goli/Serpentes/Roundel; I'm slightly biased because Whm uses Roundel with emp body anyway so I'd rather just use that than +inventory.)

Nefarious Collar [Neck] All Races
    Critical hit rate +3% Magic critical hit rate +3% Increases magic critical hit damage
    LV 99 All Jobs

Crit neck for evisceration/CDC, here it is!
    Rancor Collar...?

Artful Belt +1 [Waist] All Races
    DEF:11 DEX+10
    LV 96 All Jobs

Better for CDC.
    EDIT: This actually is better than Cuch unless attack and/or you're not benefitting from the DEX for capping dDEX.

Agreed a new WS body for CDC would be nice but what can you do.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 12-17-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    As a not Neisan quetz, If you notice, this is only new gear, your input is valued but thats why no other (older gear) is listed, if that makes more sense. I wasnt listing them as a "Oh this is a must have" but rather a "these are some uses for the new gear i see!"
    (0)

Player
    No problem, just noticing the useful items in that list is shorter in my opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    As a not Neisan quetz, If you notice, this is only new gear, your input is valued but thats why no other (older gear) is listed, if that makes more sense. I wasnt listing them as a "Oh this is a must have" but rather a "these are some uses for the new gear i see!"
    Problem is the mage "new gear" is mostly worse then our "old" Emp +2 gear. It's inventory -1 for the most part. In the other thread I've already pulled out the items that would be worth getting. What's really surprising is that you didn't list the augmentations to the AF+2 gear, those might end up being significantly more important. The Pimp Hat +2 has Enhanced Slow II / Dia III to go with those stats. +Enfeebling skill isn't nearly as important as dMND or dINT for potency based enfeebles.

I was surprised that there is a +15 body now for enhancing magic, makes my Hyksos robe's +10 look smaller (the VWNM body virtually doesn't exist). Still mine was crafted so I'm not really losing gil.

For CDC it's a trade off between DEX and +attack, the "off the cuff" conversion is about 3~4 attack per point of DEX, but that's not absolute. Also we already have a +6% crit neck piece. That new one is more a TP piece because it lacks the +10% damage taken that's in the Rancor Collar.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I wasnt privy to the knowledge of the augments at the time, just the gear itself, hence my omission of it.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'd have to say RDM now has some viable option's for decent to good melee gear. WE haven't seen anything set wise that would cater to a over all meleeing RDM. But at this point i'm happy to see SE has included us on the melee side of our jobs.

Thank you dev team ^^
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast