Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Embermage
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Macro's hate the new look

Was wondering why the macro's were changed to this larger style I hate the way my macro's look now and was wondering if anyone knew if there is a option to set them back to the old style.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm not crazy about it either, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    (1)

was wondering the same thing...looks like the only way is to go below 1024 in resolution. Kinda sucks when your on a 1920 display. I never had an issue with how many characters displayed until now...with the new buttons they're all half empty, and they stretch too far across the screen now.

Hopefully someone will find a registry tweak or something to bring the original size back or something.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Arkanethered
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I logged in specifically to say that my wife and I both hate the new macro layout look... It is to wide to view all of the macros at a glance.

Please give us the option to switch back to the old style macros.
    (1)
    Drk - 99
    Apoc - 95
    Calad - 85
    Bonecraft - 100
    Synergy - 80

Something some of you might be able to tolerate...maybe not, as it distorts the interface a bit.

The Menu Resolutions are stored at 0037/0038 in the registry--follow the same rules as 0001/0002 and 0003/0004 for the fore/background settings. You can set your horizontal (0037) higher to kind of narrow them a little and push them back to the left a little. The catch is it skews the entire interface, so all your text and other buttons get compressed horizontally as well. As it used to be in the past, it may not work with just any number--might have to use one of the standard values or even multiple of one (2048, 2560, 2880, etc).

Gonna tinker with the settings some more to see if I can find a setting I can tolerate. 2560 against a 1920 width seems to put it to what felt more like the width of them before, but the text was compressed a bit much and looked kinda funky....

Edit:
    Well, it appears you actually can plug any value in there and it will take it--it's just gotta be decent jump in the size to notice much of a change at 1920. About every 240 points compressed it roughly 1 inch on my 23" monitor. 2304 (1152 x 2) knocked off right at 1.5 inches...taking the macro bar from 9.25 down to about 7.75. The text is still kindy funky looking, but I might be able to live with it--makes the equip screen a bit weird now though, since it compressed the icons so they look stretched upwards. Meh.

They really need to give us a toggle to enable the original style of macro icons back, especially since they are letting it run one style for one resolution and another style for a higher resolution. Should be able to do it. Make it something simple like a 0/1 option on a registry key. Think 0035 is still unused (no change when I toggled it to 1), which would make sense to use since 0036 is the font setting, followed by 0037/0038 for the menu resolution.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 12-15-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Halldir
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I totally concur. I find extremely painful to read my macros with them stretched out.

I've had since 2005 enjoying their location and size and shouldn't have to sacrifice my resolution for something so simple.
    (1)

I for one love the new Macros, it's all shiney and pretty. More over, it shows the full name of the macro. It stands out more and it's easier to read, I honestly think this is just a case of "I hate it because you changed something I was used to"
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Armetage View Post
    I for one love the new Macros, it's all shiney and pretty. More over, it shows the full name of the macro. It stands out more and it's easier to read, I honestly think this is just a case of "I hate it because you changed something I was used to"
    I don't know about that. I was really excited about these, but now that I have seen them, I find that they are harder to read. It seems to me that the background needs to be darker to contrast the text, and the text could be larger to fill more of the box.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    No, and hopefully there never will be....

People just moan at anything new it's so tedious.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    No, and hopefully there never will be....

People just moan at anything new it's so tedious.
    What's tedious? to moan about people moaning? I agree.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast