Character
    Binahel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95

Corsair role: a reflection

Hello fellow Corsairs!
    I joined the ranks of the Corsairs long time ago, before it became quite in fashion as it is in these days. Then I took a long pause and Voidwatch and Abyssea happened and I re-joined gladly and I found the wonders we all love to play with.

But yet again my ongoing issue - what's a Corsair aim? what makes a good Corsair? - is still in deep unclean waters. Having, sadly, levelled up a Bard as first job, I'm asked all the time to come as Bard and I obey silently having therefore no possibility in playing this job seriously.

In this forum I saw quite a lot of interesting discussions and feedback so I thought to try to promote and healthy discussion about our lovely job role and the necessary state of the job with constructive feedback.

How's the job seen in the community? Is the job filling quite well its purpose or improvement are much needed?
    What makes a good Corsair and why?
    And so on.
    We have now quite a higher number of Corsair and probably different opinions, but still I would like to understand what the community thinks about this wonderful job and pros and cons.
    I noticed that quite often the emphasis on this forum is put on the DD side of the job, supposedly coming to shine only after obtaining Leaden Salute or Wildfire.
    How comes so? Are we still so WS dependent that that a mythic is mandatory to be called a good Corsair? Will there be any hope for poor non-hardcore Corsairs?

My guns are a bit rusty, I must admit, but my heart is still a pirate's one.
    (1)
    Last edited by Binahel; 12-22-2011 at 08:16 AM.