Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Thief and the Last Stand

Apparently, Thief is on the job list for the new Marksmanship weapon skill Last Stand. Along Exenterator it seems to be one of few weapon skills actually worth meriting and I had a look if it could be utilised by Thieves.
    To my suprise, quite a lot of Ranged Attack and AGI enhancing items have been added (sneaked in for Thief) with each update since level 75 (have a look at 'ye olde' Loki's Kaftan or even Denali Jacket for example) and it might actually be possible to do some not-laughable damage with Last Stand when we aren't always actively fighting (Voidwatch), or to be more precise, we are standing around weakened from AoE magic/physical attacks.

Our armour choices with few exceptions are very close to Ranger's, but with one exception. Since level 75 there has been not a single gun (and ammo) released that Thief can use (and only one lv77 crossbow). Our best options are still either [Coffinmaker] + [Iron Bullet] or (not very feasible to use due to ammo stacking only to 12) [Culverin +1] + [Cannon Shell]

My worry and question is, how is it that Thief has been given so many decent armour choices, but nothing in the department of weapons (both crossbows and guns) and ammo (Acid Bolt being the only 'damage dealing' one)? Where are new decent guns, crossbows, bullets and bolts for Thieves to use?
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

The question I was wondering is can we actually use this without /rng or /cor? If so it's certainly a viable option, especially if there's a new weapon/ammo released with this patch to utilise with it.

Also, Venom Bolt has slightly higher damage than Acid.
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    The question I was wondering is can we actually use this without /rng or /cor? If so it's certainly a viable option, especially if there's a new weapon/ammo released with this patch to utilise with it.

Also, Venom Bolt has slightly higher damage than Acid.
    As usual, new ammo is RNG/COR only
    Gargouille Arrow Ranged DMG:51 Delay:90 Ranged Accuracy+5 Lv97 RNG
    Adaman Bolt Marksmanship DMG:81 Delay:192 Ranged Attack+5 Lv96 RNG
    Orichalc. Bullet Marksmanship DMG:89 Delay:240 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+2 Lv97 RNG COR
    Adaman Bullet Marksmanship DMG:127 Delay:240 Lv98 RNG

I am aware of Venom bolt being 29 damage vs Acid's 21, I was talking about Acid Bolt more from utility's point of view (-12.5% DEF). Neither of them are a decent candidate for TP/WS ammo at this point anyway.
    And yes, similar to Samurai having access to Namas Arrow as long as they have Yoichinoyumi equipped, it should be on the list as long as you merit it.
    (0)
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

I guess this will be a case of 'game balance'. Yes THF can use the new WS. No THF can't get a decent weapon or ammo to make it powerful.
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19645/armageddon
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19184/drk-adm-bullet
    combined dmg 175 AGI+17

Just as a comparison to where Thief stands right now. Also, Nynja, you realise Cannon Shells stack only to 12 and aren't quiverable, yes?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zirael; 12-15-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I was offering comparisons to whats available if you want to use the WS...
    (0)

I make it: dmg 175 AGI +17...?
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I make it: dmg 175 AGI +17...?
    You right, I included base danage of lv80 Armageddon by mistake. Edited.

Sorry Nynja, I took your list as a proof of so many good options that I shouldn;t complain. I'm too jumpy.
    (0)

Player
    Culverin+1 is still an extremely powerful Gun even at 99, you're just offset by unstackable ammo.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast