Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    tl;dr. I really don't care about Last Stand on Thief enough to read that.

My single gripe is with you comparing Culverin+Cannon Shells to using Omphalos Bullet for Wildfire. It is a completely retarded argument. How you do not realise this baffles me. Or maybe you do realise it, but are too proud to admit you were wrong on this one thing.
    (1)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    tl;dr. I really don't care about Last Stand on Thief enough to read that.

My single gripe is with you comparing Culverin+Cannon Shells to using Omphalos Bullet for Wildfire. It is a completely retarded argument. How you do not realise this baffles me. Or maybe you do realise it, but are too proud to admit you were wrong on this one thing.
    I'm fine with that comparison. When I run out of Cannon Shells, I'll go get more, when you run out of Omphalos Bullet (intentionally or accidentally), you'll go get more. I bet when someone on COR forums asks for Omphalos Dispenser (it's been done in the past by SE, see Combat Caster's Quiver), you'll run in shouting "Noooo, this is not how it's meant to beeeee!!11 Hard mode gooooooo!!!11". I don't care about heartbroken CORs shooting off by accident their hard earned bullet, so not gonna bother asking SE to unretard it for you guys. Enjoy living the world from my footnote if you prefer it this way.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    I'm fine with that comparison. When I run out of Cannon Shells, I'll go get more, when you run out of Omphalos Bullet (intentionally or accidentally), you'll go get more.
    Are you serious?
    Getting more Cannon Shells: Running to AH, buying more. If none on AH: Synth.
    Getting another Omphalos Bullet: Joining Akvan group and hoping you get lucky and it drops again. I'm personally only 0/50ish on the Bullet.

If you really think that is comparable then I have nothing to say. Except to possibly advise other posters that you are completely batshit insane and to not take anything you write seriously.
    (3)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Are you serious?
    Getting more Cannon Shells: Running to AH, buying more. If none on AH: Synth.
    Getting another Omphalos Bullet: Joining Akvan group and hoping you get lucky and it drops again. I'm personally only 0/50ish on the Bullet.

If you really think that is comparable then I have nothing to say. Except to possibly advise other posters that you are completely batshit insane and to not take anything you write seriously.
    A single character can put 7 items on Auction House at a time. Even if a single crafter devoted himself to make Cannon Shells, he can sell 35k to 70k (depending on server prices, see below) worth of bullets at a time when it costs 63k to make those 7 stacks. So it's a -28k to +7k 'profit' for doing 14 synths (depending on server). It's a T1 synth at best too. And they sell slow, because only Thieves would use them for situational things. Situational as in: you buy those 7 stacks of bullets of that crafter (84 bullets total) to fill in 7 of your inventory spaces and then 10min into event you're like "Sorry guys, ran out of ammo, gonna warp and buy more." Oh wait, check the item availability again (your server and mine below). At the same time the same alchemy crafter could be doing Orichalcum Bullets, selling for 60k to 70k/stack (assuming no HQs at all, cost to make: 25k to 35k; net profit for selling 7 stacks: ~ +245k, net profit for selling 7 pouches: ~ +2940k). Noone will make Cannon Shells for Thieves' situational uses to provide constant reliable supply. Is that so far away from getting your ammo from VW? Maybe yes, maybe no, depending if you have Alchemy friend or not. Which brings me back to warping out every 10min of an event to restock my ammo. If none is left on AH, waiting a day or a week (literally, check the pics as it stands now) for more of them to show up, or getting mats and shouting for Alchemy 94+ (with subs) crafter, or dropping my party/alliance and logging to mule to craft them, as I'm Cooking100 already (doing 14 synths for 7 stacks takes ~10 to 15min, then sending them over). EVERY 10min of an event.
    You're calling me dumb? You obviously didn't think it over further than your nose's end. And you're trying to glorify me your hurdles of getting 1 Akvan drop..? Really?

(0)
    Last edited by Zirael; 01-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    Guns bullets bolts and xbows aren't even a major weapon for thf and haven't been since.... since... ever? Who really cares? I can tell you right now SE doesn't care, just look for the statement (in moonspeak) about Blu and clubs, which boiled down to "maybe, but we have no plans because it's not a main weapon for you".
    (3)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Clearly is is IMPOSSIBLE to find a person that is lv 94+ on the most commonly leveled craft in the game and pay them to make a bunch which you can then hold in your mog sack/sachel.
    (0)

Personally I feel the whole gun comparisson page of replies is pointless. I won't give up my status bolts for anyone. Last Stand is simply a perk for the odd occasion where you get bound or can't get in close enough to a mob.
    (1)

Character
    Darkpearl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    I don't see where is the problem for make new weapon/ammo for THF use... there's ton of junk items around in the game, piece of craps that will never be useful. I guess would be fun use it on THF with a good weapon/ammo and break always the same routine. Don't say level RNG or COR. I have RNG already so don't give a damn. We are talking of THF here.
    (0)
    Ten ni hirefusuna ware koso kami da ~

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpearl View Post
    I don't see where is the problem for make new weapon/ammo for THF use... there's ton of junk items around in the game, piece of craps that will never be useful. I guess would be fun use it on THF with a good weapon/ammo and break always the same routine. Don't say level RNG or COR. I have RNG already so don't give a damn. We are talking of THF here.
    I actually levelled rng 66 > 99 just so that I could skill marksmanship faster to 357 (from ~290)

Giving us access to a 54 dmg bolt would make xbow on par for damage with coffinmaker at least. I think this would be fair. Give it a 500 delay if need be so we can only use them sensibly for ws (though it would mean we had a massive tp return from it I guess).
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 01-07-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Does anyone have any last stand numbers with various gear for thf?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast