Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up

Player

Fed up

Blah really just about to rant most of you should ignore me but here i go:

Since the creation of these forums some very positive changes have come about, hell half the pup tweaks are anywhere from wow to omgyay, but seriously more times then not it's like talking to a freaking wall here.

mind you it doesn't help that there is alot of divide in the community on what should and shouldn't be done but time and time again your reasoning and logic behind dodging various issues just plain scares me that you are the ones making the changes to this game.

Thief: look we made bully improve your DD (to shut you up), never mind steal doesnt... steal anything (or despoil for that matter), or the shared timers, aura steal is over powered too, you might steal mother globes shock spikes god forbid. Look!! we made accomplise 12 yalms!... oh yeah subtle blow is overpowered cause we want you to melee to upgrade TH (?????) oh yeah woops sorry about void watch and the TH thing, better luck next endgame event guys. oh yeah about that hide ability, everythings true sight these days...

RDM: you guys are over powered, so were giving away all your identifying JA's and enfeebles... oh and were too afraid you might solo gods again so umm... were not giving you jack.

RNG: ammo? we upped the drop rate on materials... what you want dead aim to stack with weapon skills? lolrng

DRK: we want you to cast more so were giving you entropy (cast what??)

New WS? yeah they are incredibly incredibly shiny (mostly to distract you from the fact they suck, except sosha) <= seriously on this one your going to go around and "balance" these new ws's around extremly outdated weapon skills and ask us to pay 1m exp into them? SERIOUSLY would make sense if you were also adjusting sosha (which isn't the way you should be handling this anyways) but no just no, these should be some what of a middle grounds between older weapon skills and empyrean/relic weapon skills.

as a serious question given one of the main examples was the new club skill making it the strongest club ws for jobs that cant use hexa (why couldnt you just say whm?) save for a melee whm who else would actually merit this ws? im asking any one who bothered to read this far.

On voidwatch: i kind of understand where you are coming from, your trying to keep us coming at it day after day to obtain our drops, but cut the crap, 18x5 chances to drop? not only has this system destroyed the way alot of endgame shells function (DKP) but we all know the drop rates are bull, not only is it soul shattering knowing some one got what you wanted and they A: dont want it, B: Cant even use it, but at the end of the day 90% of the participants have nothing to show for it, know what a great idea was? assualt points/ichor from einherjar, even if you dont get the drops you wanted you have something to show for it if you put enough effort into it, thats why abyssea was good (not saying its all good but that was what its good point was) given enough effort you would eventually be rewarded despite how unlucky you got (refering to the seals method of upgrading empyrean gear) also to clarify im not saying you should be able to purchase void watch drops, perhaps stuff similar to assault gear where it got bonus's only while participating in void watch (not that we need any more inventory -1) in anycase a reward system for participating thats more meaningful the -5 inventorys worth of npc fodder and some cruor.

Basically im just a bit fed up with the dev response on all sides of things, half their excuses seem ignorant or based in old information like RDM's soloing sky gods, seriously making every NM damn near immune to every debuff isnt a solution, debuffs arent meant for trash mobs or easy NM's they are meant to take down the big nasty's a notch or two.

anyways /rant off, just felt like i needed to vent a bit, maybe some one who cares/matters will visit their proctologist soon.
    (47)
    Last edited by Nala; 12-13-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Blah really just about to rant most of you should ignore me but here i go:
    If you have to start a post with that, then you should probably think twice about posting it (or wait to post it for a short while)

On voidwatch: i kind of understand where you are coming from, your trying to keep us coming at it day after day to obtain our drops, but cut the crap, 18x5 chances to drop? not only has this system destroyed the way alot of endgame shells function (DKP)
    DKP is more of a WoW thing. Yes, some LS did use some kind of a point system for some events, but I actually haven't seen anyone using that since abyssea came out. Most of the groups I've met used some variation on an @1 @2 system where you only get to lot on certain things you specifically choose. That's still negatively impacted by VW, I suppose, but I felt I had to bring this up because DKP historically hasn't been that common in FFXI.

VW's system would be a lot more effective with a simple addition- add a generic, collectible item with a good chance of appearance to the win chest. you can then trade some number of these things in for an item from that fight of your choice. This way you still have the random chance to get the thing you want quickly, while also having the slower but surer collectible method to fall back on- and this way, everyone gets the reward they want eventually, instead of risking the situation where one guy goes 0/20 and another guy gets 5 of the drop that the first guy wanted and didn't get.
    (2)

Honestly, I think SE has just become devoid of creativity. Since Enix, it's been going downhill and I guess they're just at the bottom of the pit now. Won't even get started with SE games as a whole (FFXIV especially) but in FFXI it's gone from lacking the creativity to solve problems and balance jobs (Souleater nerf, enfeeble nerfs....well this is getting hard let's just make everyone play SAM) and at this point our limit break quests are poop jokes and end game "content" is a mixture of fetch quests and pseudorandom number generators...that all take place in copy/pasted versions of old zones.
    (11)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    On voidwatch: i kind of understand where you are coming from, your trying to keep us coming at it day after day to obtain our drops, but cut the crap, 18x5 chances to drop? not only has this system destroyed the way alot of endgame shells function (DKP) but we all know the drop rates are bull, not only is it soul shattering knowing some one got what you wanted and they A: dont want it, B: Cant even use it, but at the end of the day 90% of the participants have nothing to show for it, know what a great idea was? assualt points/ichor from einherjar, even if you dont get the drops you wanted you have something to show for it if you put enough effort into it, thats why abyssea was good (not saying its all good but that was what its good point was) given enough effort you would eventually be rewarded despite how unlucky you got (refering to the seals method of upgrading empyrean gear) also to clarify im not saying you should be able to purchase void watch drops, perhaps stuff similar to assault gear where it got bonus's only while participating in void watch (not that we need any more inventory -1) in anycase a reward system for participating thats more meaningful the -5 inventorys worth of npc fodder and some cruor.
    @ the bolded part: this, this x 1000 - why couldn't we get a ichor system in voidwatch? Let the bodies cost 786769689797 points, that's fine with me, because at least I'd know that if I work hard enough I will eventually be able to obtain that damn Mekira Meikogai that I want SO bad that I can almost taste it. Hell, heavy metal plates should be obtainable that way too (especially if drop rates aren't improved in the new voidwatch chapter, or we get linen pouches - then again if we do get linen pouches, drop rate of those are probably going to be just as bad as for the bodies...).

I enjoy voidwatch. However I do NOT enjoy the common "reward" I find in my chest after fight's over.

Voidwatch reward system is currently the single most annoying, ass-backward, slap-in-the-face aspect about FFXI - at least in my opinion.
    (18)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 12-13-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    @ the bolded part: this, this x 1000 - why couldn't we get a ichor system in voidwatch? Let the bodies cost 786769689797 points, that's fine with me, because at least I'd know that if I work hard enough I will eventually be able to obtain that damn Mekira Meikogai that I want SO bad that I can almost taste it. Hell, heavy metal plates should be obtainable that way too (especially if drop rates aren't improved in the new voidwatch chapter, or we get linen pouches - then again if we do get linen pouches, drop rate of those are probably going to be just as bad as for the bodies...).

I enjoy voidwatch. However I do NOT enjoy the common "reward" I find in my chest after fight's over.

Voidwatch reward system is currently the single most annoying, ass-backward, slap-in-the-face aspect about FFXI - at least in my opinion.
    I like the point system also. Problem is people in the game now are too lazy. They just want a single player MMO which is stupid and there is no point to it. People just want the maximum reward for minimal effort. Abyssea ruined FFXI.
    (4)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Abyssea saved FFxi from being cancelled
    (14)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    We are only allowed to post here & be in FFXI so the Japanese can laugh at us, laugh at how 99% of non Japanese depend on 3PP to play "properly" laugh how late we are for a piano, laugh when they claim an NM & drag it out of exp range so your trials don't count, laugh when you wipe from an NM the non Japanese stole from JP (or hell laugh when JP claim the NM off you & you get GM jailed for it instead) laugh at us when we use auto-translate or type in Romaji (I've heard its rude?)

When we get new areas, REAL ones I wont be surprised if its only for Japanese players, cause non Japanese will be too busy Q_Q-ing over windower being broken & hopefully permanently gone.
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I think you mean SE ruined FFXI.
    (7)

Player
    hmm... wow i didn't realize how many other threads were saying similar things (been browsing the forums since i got home today), i just reached a boiling point over the lack of care from the dev team over the countless threads on jobs that really do need a bit of TLC, that and sick of their DAMN ignorant replies as to why they cant/wont/shouldn't do it.
    (6)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Like I said in another thread, nothing "new" is really coming out over the next few months, just rehash of old events and more VW.

Its like they raised our level to 99 but are scared to advance us past 75.
    (9)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast