Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    No, he's right. Ctrl/Alt F1-F6 targeting is a function of Windower binding. It's loaded in init.txt by default. Xbox, PS2, and non-Windower PC users can't use the additional keys. There are chat commands for alliance targeting if you want to be super tedious, though - otherwise, the Windower binds wouldn't work in the first place.

See for yourself,

// *** ALLIANCE TARGET KEYS ***
    // This lets you push Alt+F1-6 and Ctrl+F1-6 to to target Alliance members.
    bind ^f1 input /ta <a10>
    bind ^f2 input /ta <a11>
    bind ^f3 input /ta <a12>
    bind ^f4 input /ta <a13>
    bind ^f5 input /ta <a14>
    bind ^f6 input /ta <a15>
    bind !f1 input /ta <a20>
    bind !f2 input /ta <a21>
    bind !f3 input /ta <a22>
    bind !f4 input /ta <a23>
    bind !f5 input /ta <a24>
    bind !f6 input /ta <a25>

As you can see, the syntax is similar to the <p1> - <p5> syntax for party targeting. <a10> targets Alliance party 1, member 0. <a24> targets Alliance party 2, member 4. Remember that members are enumerated from 0-5 instead of 1-6 when using direct chatline targeting. Members are listed sequentially as they appear in your party list. Eg, the third person on the list of your party is <p2>.

Cumbersome, but that's what it is.
    I didn't realize that that was a windower thing. I've never actually tried to target like that. Good to know.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by user201108211515 View Post
    the correct way to whm macro:
    Why hide behind a lvl 1 mule? You didn't even bother to actually give yourself a nickname...

However, I'll try out this ctrl + shift for pallet swapping, I didn't know there was a kb shortcut for it, only that there was a way to macro it.
    (1)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i dont understand this just be faster lol or DD DONT BLINK WHEN YOUR GONA DIE LOL its not my fault if your an idiot.
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    i dont understand this just be faster lol or DD DONT BLINK WHEN YOUR GONA DIE LOL its not my fault if your an idiot.
    If a DD blinks to swap into their PDT set, and you fail to cure them for some reason, then yes it is your fault.
    (8)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    LOL if a DD doesn't blink, then I'm not curing him. The groups probably better off if mister no gear swaps sits this one out.
    (5)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm sorry for the necro bump, but for the sake of educating fellow healers:

If you're running into the issue of players blinking you out, then dying because you couldn't hold target to cast...

/ma "Cure V" <stal>

<stal> gives you the up/down player select that used to be on the PS2. So now you just tap up or down to get to the player in your list. (works for alliance, too).

Of course, if you have a primary tank who needs cures:

/ma "Cure V" "tanknamehere"

This will cure the player specified, AND obviously works outside of party and alliance.
    (4)

/holds onto her controller/
    {Ready!}
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The only problem I have run into with <stal> is that I have to create a whole new set for healing outside of alliance (places like campaign, Power leveling, etc.). Other than that, it works great.
    I've always just used <stpc>... never really had a problem. What they need is <stparty>, <stparty2>, and <stparty3> so you can isolate full parties instead of having ot hunt individuals. And fuck F-keys...
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    I've always just used <stpc>... never really had a problem. What they need is <stparty>, <stparty2>, and <stparty3> so you can isolate full parties instead of having ot hunt individuals. And fuck F-keys...
    What they really need to do is pay the guy who made "Blink me not" a couple hundred bucks to revise his code and make it part of the official client. No dev time required.

There is absolutely nothing dangerous or game breaking about that app that I am aware of other than the fact that it breaks ToS in it's current state. It would be nice if people could use it.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3